Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers

+3
Whitesince63
karlypants
Norpig
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Empty Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Wed Dec 27 2023, 13:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hard to keep track of games over this period, i'm not even sure what day it is now  Very Happy

We go to Fleetwood on Friday night, they've been on a poor run but got a point away at Portsmouth last game. Hoping we can grind out another away win and put pressure on the top two so i'm going for another 0-1.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think its the day after Boxing day. That's all I know. ..dunno..

Very Happy

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Hard to keep track of games over this period, i'm not even sure what day it is now  Very Happy

We go to Fleetwood on Friday night, they've been on a poor run but got a point away at Portsmouth last game. Hoping we can grind out another away win and put pressure on the top two so i'm going for another 0-1.
Yes, I’d concur with that Norpig, a 0-1 result sounds just about right although I’d certainly be hoping for more. We just seem to have lost our mojo in front of goal at the moment. It’s not that we’re not still creating chances just that we’re spurning them. At Lincoln we could have won comfortably had we just shown an ounce of composure, especially Dion who snatched at everything. Never mind I’m sure it’ll come back soon and we’ll punish teams more again.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a much more convinving win if we are to stay at the top and push for promotion.

I just can't see the lads doing it enough tomorrow and I also feel that it will be a close win.

0-1 or 1-2 for me.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It certainly won’t be easy tonight, not just with a fired up Fleetwood side but also the stormy weather, soggy and uneven pitch. How some of our players respond to that will be the key for me. Some of our players do seem a little soft so performing in those conditions may prove difficult so I think Evatt needs to take that into account when picking his starting eleven. I think he will and will pick his most robust team. At the end of the day it’s the same for both teams so excuses won’t cut it, we need to win if we’re going to seal a place in that top two and I think we will but narrowly so any kind of a win will do for me.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eieieio. We’d have lost the last two games in previous seasons. Our form in the second half of the season is notoriously good and I’m fully expecting us to win the league from here

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Sat Dec 30 2023, 01:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Eieieio. We’d have lost the last two games in previous seasons. Our form in the second half of the season is notoriously good and I’m fully expecting us to win the league from here
You're probably right about not being good enough to win those games previously, but whether or not we win the league will probably be decided in our very tricky run of games from February 24th to the end of March - horrendous set of fixtures in which we can either see off some of our rivals or be seen off ourselves.
We certainly have to get points on the board beforehand especially against the likes of Fleetwood and Burton on Monday because Blackpool, Wigan (LOL), Derby, Stevenage and Barnsley - all away games plus Oxford at home and a long trip to Exeter thrown in the middle of that aren't going to be a stroll in the park by any means - although we've also got Shrewsbury and Cambridge at home for some light relief during that very congested spell. If the squad stay fit and our rivals don't throw too much money at it in January we'll be OK. But we've still got a long way to go and some tough challenges ahead.
That said, being 2 points behind the leaders with a game in hand (Barnsley away) at the halfway stage is some achievement and should be celebrated.

11Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Sat Dec 30 2023, 11:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nowt to complain about - a solid two half game again. Complete domination and plenty of chances created. I don't usually have Dion as MOM but last night he was out of control.
Overall, an excellent team performance. 
January window will be interesting as we will see what Ian thinks about the current squad.
Onwards!

12Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Empty Re: Fleetwood Town 0-2 Bolton Wanderers Sat Dec 30 2023, 15:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fleetwood have today sacked their manager!

Fleetwood Town can confirm Lee Johnson has left the club with immediate effect.

Assistant Manager Darren Way and First Team Coach Phil Jevons will also depart – everyone at the Club would like to place on record our thanks to Lee, Darren, and Phil for their hard work and professionalism during their time at the club.

The Club will issue a further update on the first team staff in due course.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum