Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton appoint ex-Sheffield United and Blackpool star as B Team boss

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton appoint ex-Sheffield United and Blackpool star as B Team boss 17637769

Wanderers have appointed former Sheffield United, Blackpool and Walsall defender Andy Taylor as their new B Team manager.

The 37-year-old moves to Bolton from AFC Fylde, where he had been coaching since he finished his playing career in 2020.

Blackburn-born Taylor made nearly 400 career appearances and also represented England at youth level, a pedigree that Ian Evatt believes can now influence the young players at his club.

“Andy went a long way in the first team recruitment process, he caught our eye, and we had some lengthy, detailed conversations,” he explained.

“We didn’t think he was ready right now for the first team role but we think he has a really bright future in coaching and the next stage of his progression would fit the B Team.

“It is great that he is leaving a first team role to come and be a part of that, he is an exciting young coach who had a good playing career.

“Sometimes that doesn’t translate but what I have seen with Andy is that the coaching information he gives does relate to the quality of career that he had, which was a really good standard.

“I am delighted to get him and I am looking forward to seeing him work with the lads.”

Evatt has talked about re-establishing a ‘Boot Room’ at Bolton within the B Team and first team set-up, and recently promoted Matt Craddock to a senior role.

The Bolton boss says progressing his staff is now a key responsibility, and Taylor will now work alongside another young coach in Andy Tutte to help push players to their full potential.

“For me, personally, it is about a legacy,” he said. “I want to come here and get the results this club needs to get us back to where I believe we belong but when I eventually do leave, and it will happen one day, that there is a blueprint for coaching and ideas coming through the system. They can take things forward.

“Succession planning is a big part of football, and I am genuinely excited now to see how Andy does working with the young players and helping them to progress.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum