Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs

+2
karlypants
terenceanne
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Sun Jan 28 2024, 14:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought I'd make this into a thread as the article is from the local Bristol paper today so must have some merit in the story rather than just speculation.

I've no idea where FV are finding the money if the story is true though?

Bolton Wanderers have seen a bid rejected by Bristol Rovers for Aaron Collins as talks continue

ByDaniel Hargraves
10:31, 28 JAN 2024

Bristol Rovers have rejected an opening bid from League One rivals Bolton Wanderers for Aaron Collins, Bristol Live understands, as both clubs remain in talks over a potential deal.

It is also believed that Bolton's offer stood at £600,000 with Rovers' valuation of their forward standing closer to the £1million mark.

Talks are continuing throughout the early stages of next week but time is running out ahead of the transfer window closing at 11pm on Thursday evening.

For Ian Evatt's side, the acquisition of Collins could make the difference between play-offs and automatic promotion with the Whites currently occupying second place in the League One table but have the likes of Peterborough United, Derby County and Barnsley breathing down their neck as well.

It is understood that they are in the market for a striker before Thursday's deadline with Blackburn Rovers' Niall Ennis a potential option.

Fellow League One side Charlton Athletic are also monitoring the situation and could bid before the deadline while League Two automatic promotion chasers Wrexham have also shown interest.

The 26-year-old won last term's League One player of the season award after providing 16 goals and 12 assists in a side that eventually finished 17th in the division and it always felt as though a move away in the summer could materialise but never did.

It is understood that the player was under the impression that after staying beyond the summer window that fresh contract talks would commence but a combination of new ownership, Joey Barton's departure in October and perhaps his own performances on the pitch, that fell off the agenda.

This season the Welshman has struggled for consistent form, scoring just three league goals with his last coming on October 7 against Oxford United. Despite struggles to put the ball in the back of the net, the versatile forward has registered nine assists in the third tier which ranks him amongst the best playmakers in the league.

Furthermore, Collins also has 18 months left on his current deal at the Mem and retains a significant market value which Rovers have every right to demand. It is also understood that the 26-year-old has recently changed agents.

Matt Taylor was asked about Collins' future at the club after he was left out of the matchday squad for Saturday's 3-1 win over Oxford United, admitting that it was the player's decision to miss out amid transfer talk while also revealing that one club interested has to meet the Gas' valuation, insisting that the deal is in Rovers' hands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Feb 01 2024, 12:09; edited 3 times in total

2OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Wed Jan 31 2024, 00:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

3OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 10:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Bristol newspaper reporting that the deal will be done today -

Aaron Collins closing in on Bristol Rovers exit after fee agreed with League One rivals

By Daniel Hargraves
08:56, 1 FEB 2024UPDATED 09:21, 1 FEB 2024

Aaron Collins is closing in on an exit from Bristol Rovers, Bristol Live understands, after the Gas accepted Bolton Wanderers' latest bid for the forward believed to be in the region of £750,000.

The 26-year-old is believed to currently be in the north west to undergo negotiations over the finer details of the deal with a medical expected to take place this morning. There is full confidence that the deal will be completed before tonight's 11pm deadline.

After seeing their first approach believed to have stood at £600,000 rejected, Bolton submitted an improved offer understood to be in the region of £750,000 which Whites manager Ian Evatt insisted would be a take it or leave it proposal. It is understood that has proven successful and Collins is closing in on a Rovers exit after two-and-a-half years at the Mem.

Fellow League One outfit Charlton Athletic are understood to have lodged on offer last week that was also rejected but it appears as though a follow up offer from the Addicks wasn't submitted.

For Bolton, the purchase of Collins could prove the difference between securing automatic promotion and being resigned to the play-offs as Evatt's men target a return to the Championship for the first time since relegation in 2019. The Whites are currently just one point clear of third placed Peterborough United but have three games in hand on leaders Portsmouth whose advantage of just three points at the summit looks to be in real jeopardy. Derby County and Barnsley are also well in the race for a top two finish.

Crowned League One Player of the Season last term after scoring 16 goals and providing 12 assists in his first season playing in the third tier, the versatile forward has struggled to replicate such outstanding form this campaign. Of his five goals scored so far across all competitions, three have come in the league with his most recent scored on October 7th.

However, only Derby County's Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has registered more assists in League One (10) than Collins' nine which has provided Rovers enough substance to demand a significant transfer fee coincided with the fact that the Welshman also has 18 months left on his current deal in BS7.

By joining Bolton, not only would it offer Collins the opportunity to contribute to a promotion push, there is also the possibility of playing Championship football next season while the prospect of a senior Wales call-up must surely be on the striker's mind as he remains uncapped for his country.

Also -

4OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 11:02

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reserving judgement till after I watch him for a couple of games.  I'll remind you the last two strikers signed are Brickfoot and Dan - Do our scouts know what a good striker looks like?
If he signs, then welcome aboard to the good ship Trotter.

5OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 11:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exciting times!

6OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 12:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 12:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

8OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 12:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For Music lovers...

AC/DC

We now have twin strikers in Aaron Collins and Dion Charles!!!

Very Happy

9OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 12:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

10OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:For Music lovers...

AC/DC

We now have twin strikers in Aaron Collins and Dion Charles!!!

Very Happy
Shoot To Thrill. :biggrin:

11OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Thu Feb 01 2024, 14:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers are delighted to confirm the signing of striker Aaron Collins in a major deal for the Club, writes Pete Oliver.

The Whites have paid an undisclosed fee to bring the 26-year-old from Bristol Rovers on a contract running until June, 2027.

Collins – last season’s League One player of the year after scoring 16 times for the Pirates – becomes Wanderers’ third signing of the winter transfer window and will wear shirt number 28.

The Welshman, who also spearheaded Rovers’ promotion success from League Two in 2022, will greatly enhance Wanderers’ current attacking options as the Whites look to continue their promotion challenge and build for the future.

Collins, a creative presence whose assists also rack up alongside his goalscoring statistics, will bring an extra dimension to a strikeforce already boasting Dion Charles, Victor Adeboyejo, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Cameron Jerome.

With Dan Nlundulu currently sidelined through injury, manager Ian Evatt wanted to add another striker for the short and longer term and is delighted to have secured his top target in Collins, who scored 35 league goals in just 118 appearances for Rovers after earlier spells with Newport County, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Morecambe and Forest Green.

“The Board have backed Chris (Markham) and I immensely with this and thanks to them for their support in getting the deal done and I’m looking forward to working with Aaron,” said Evatt.

“We're really excited to have him. He is a very, very good player and brings something slightly different to what we already have. We're always looking to improve and find players that are additive to what we already have and he fits that bill.

“We have a really good squad of players and a really strong group of strikers. Obviously losing Dan was a big blow. We felt we have been one light for the past couple of months, so adding Aaron into that pack is great.

“We wanted somebody who we feel will make an impact now, but also have an impact in the future. We do lots of research and diligence into players and he comes out well in all of our models. We are really happy to have him and looking forward to working with him.”

Newport-born Collins, who follows the loan pair of Calvin Ramsay and Nathanael Ogbeta in joining Wanderers during the January window, started his EFL career with his hometown club before joining Wolves in January, 2016.

He was loaned out a number of times during his stay at Molineux to gain first-team experience before moving to Morecambe on a permanent basis for the run-in to the 2018/19 season.

A burst of goals for the Shrimps brought a move to Forest Green Rovers for a two-year stay in June, 2019. After hitting double figures in his second season at the New Lawn, Bristol Rovers then took Collins to the Memorial Stadium where he finished top scorer in his two full seasons with the club.

His 16 league goals helped Joey Barton’s side secure promotion from League Two in 2021/22 before the former Wales U19 international matched that tally, along with a healthy return of assists, last term as the Pirates maintained their League One status.

Collins was part of the Rovers side that won at the Toughsheet Community Stadium in December, but now swaps sides to join Wanderers as a key signing in a squad currently sitting second in League One and looking to maintain their promotion challenge with 19 games to go this season.

COLLINS | I CAN'T WAIT TO GET INVOLVED

Deadline-day signing Aaron Collins is hoping to fulfil his Championship ambitions with Wanderers after joining the Whites’ promotion push.

Collins became Wanderers’ third arrival of the January transfer window after signing from Bristol Rovers on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

The 26-year-old striker has also previously scored goals for Forest Green Rovers, Morecambe and Newport County, either side of a spell at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Much of his time at Molineux was spent out on loan, while Wolves were at Championship and Premier League level,

But with Wanderers challenging for promotion in League One, the Welshman is hoping his time will come.

“Bringing my girlfriend here, and my family here, they're like ‘yes this is a proper stadium’. They're looking forward to this chapter in my life,” said Collins, who takes squad number 28.

“In the past I have had a taste of it and never managed to push to get into Championship football (at Wolves). I think this is a great opportunity for me now and go with this club and get into the Championship.

“This club deserves to be in the Championship and push on from that, so I am hoping that this season me and the lads can go and get this job done.

“The boys are flying at the moment and it would be really good to come in and help the lads. There are going to be great spirits around the club, from staff and players, so I can't wait to go and get involved with a smile on my face.

“I know going into the changing room the atmosphere is going to be about going for promotion this season and I can't wait to get involved in that.”

Collins was a promotion winner with Bristol Rovers two seasons ago as he top-scored with the Pirates in League Two.

He repeated that 16-goal haul last season to be named League One Player of the Year and is looking forward to adding to his career tally of both goals and assists as another creative option to Wanderers’ front line.

“I've played against the club a lot of times and I know the way that gaffer wants to play. I met with him yesterday and I'm looking forward to working with him,” Collins, who is currently second in the League One assists' table, told Wanderers TV.

“Last season I had a really good season, personally, and I'm hoping to bring that form into helping the lads go and get promoted this season.

“I'm really looking forward to now hopefully hitting my prime years and going and getting many more goals and assists and contributing the way I can to help this team get to where it should be.

“I've seen Dion (Charles) doing very well and I know a couple of the other strikers as well. It's a good team and I'm looking forward to coming in and working with them and contributing - whether that's goals or assists.

“If that's pushing Dion on to go on and win the Golden Boot, then happy days, and if it's for the other lads to go and score more goals I'm here to contribute and put the team in the right stead and go and win matches.”

12OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Fri Feb 02 2024, 11:05

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

As long as he remembers he’s primarily here to score goals not just make them for others? We can’t even rely on Dion not to miss sitters at the moment so we need someone in who doesn’t.

13OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Aaron Collins signs Fri Feb 02 2024, 11:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Assist or scoring will do me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum