Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cambridge 1-2 Bolton

+8
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Whitesince63
finlaymcdanger
wessy
Cajunboy
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Tue Feb 06 2024, 23:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lucky it was abandoned - they could have been 2-0 in the first 5 minutes. This playing from the back is getting beyond ridiculous.

22Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Tue Feb 06 2024, 23:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not looking forward to March after looking through our fixture list

23Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Wed Feb 07 2024, 08:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least Evatt had Coleman on the bench even though it took a minor injury to Baxter’s hand for him to provide cover - I was bricking it in the Barnsley game when it happened. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s on the bench again against Northampton.
Felt for the travelling fans. Me and the missus were having dinner and got chatting to a very nice Dutch couple when I realised the match was kicking off so I was almost rude as I dragged the missus back to the camper to sort out iFollow only to realise it was being abandoned. Slightly hung over and apologetic this morning.

24Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Wed Feb 07 2024, 08:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One Bolton supporter flew over from China to see the game. Neutral

I think he's being interviewed on Radio Manchester later this morning.

25Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Wed Feb 07 2024, 10:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:One Bolton supporter flew over from China to see the game. Neutral

I think he's being interviewed on Radio Manchester later this morning.
 Saw a tweet from him on Twitter, felt sorry for him. Hopefully the club will invite him to another game.

26Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Wed Feb 07 2024, 10:50

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

And the moral of the story is once again...

...don't believe what you read on social media without checking it is true for yourself first!

Yes I know you didn't say it was true but you did post the rumour on this and another thread so it obviously caused you concern - which in the end was completely unfounded.
Confounded Sluffy? Evatt himself has now confirmed that Baxter was a doubt with a wrist injury which was why he had to have Coleman on the bench. What I wrote was perfectly true, Baxter WAS injured and MAY NOT play. In the event he did because Evatt presumably considered the risk to be worth it. You need to stop trying to find fault with everyone’s posts and just accept in this case that the RUMOUR I referred to was actually right.

27Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Wed Feb 07 2024, 11:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

And the moral of the story is once again...

...don't believe what you read on social media without checking it is true for yourself first!

Yes I know you didn't say it was true but you did post the rumour on this and another thread so it obviously caused you concern - which in the end was completely unfounded.
Confounded Sluffy? Evatt himself has now confirmed that Baxter was a doubt with a wrist injury which was why he had to have Coleman on the bench. What I wrote was perfectly true, Baxter WAS injured and MAY NOT play. In the event he did because Evatt presumably considered the risk to be worth it. You need to stop trying to find fault with everyone’s posts and just accept in this case that the RUMOUR I referred to was actually right.

You absolutely sure about that?

The rumour widely reported was that Baxter had injured his FINGER and NO mention of his wrist!

AND the talk was that he'd be out for WEEKS!

AND do you honestly believe, despite what Evatt might say, that he'd play a crocked keeper rather than a fully fit deputy who Evatt signed himself based on his 'famed' statistical performance methods?

Doesn't say much for Evatt's man management and player motivation if he's virtually intimated to Coleman that he must be so shit that he'd rather have a one handed keeper in goals than him!!!

Do you honestly believe any manager with half a brain would be stupid enough to do that AND play a one handed keeper???

I don't doubt Baxter took a knock in the previous match but I highly suspect that Evatt has used a bit of poetic licence to overstate how bad it was and hopefully somehow mislead Peterborough's planning and tactics leading up to the game we've just had.

I suspect either a bit of mind games were being played here or a miracle akin to Jesus rising from the dead, with Baxter's sore finger miraculously manifesting instead into a poorly wrist, which then suddenly got better overnight!!!

God above I would have thought you were at an age by now to know not to believe most of what you read on social media.

If you actually read again what Evatt said it is clear that he believed Baxter WAS MATCH FIT but as a precaution in case during the game it made his wrist any worse, then he had Coleman on the bench for that eventuality.

Bit of a difference between social media's 'bad finger - out for weeks' and real life 'slight wrist injury and will be in the team as usual but understudy there just in case' - don't you think?

..dunno..

28Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Thu Feb 08 2024, 09:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For goodness sake Sluffy, just for once accept your post was not only unnecessary but also factually incorrect. Whether it was fingers, wrist or whatever he had a problem, still does, with his hand and was a doubt. I know you can’t stand being wrong on anything but even you need to accept you were this time so stop digging and just move on instead of making yourself look even more silly than you already have.

29Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Thu Feb 08 2024, 10:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers have managed to find a quick resolution to their schedule problems after their trip to Cambridge was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

The fixture, which was abandoned after just nine minutes of play on Tuesday night, will now be re-played on Tuesday, February 20 (7.45pm).

David Rock initially took the players off the field as the ball started to hold up in the torrential conditions at the Abbey Stadium.

Ground staff tried to clear some of the standing water with brushes but it was to no avail, and official confirmation that the game had been called off came 16 minutes later.

Bolton didn’t have many slots to pick from between now and the end of the season due to their busy League One schedule, but the clubs have managed to find a quick solution.

An official statement read: "Tickets for the original game, which was called off following torrential rain shortly after kick-off, will be valid for the new date.

"Refunds for anyone unable to attend the revised fixture will be available from the Wanderers’ ticket office until 10am on the day of the game.

"Further details regarding new ticket purchases will follow in due course.

"Free travel will be available to those who travelled on the two official club coaches which went to the game last night (Tuesday, 6th February).

"Anyone who travelled on those coaches is asked to retain their original coach ticket or contact the ticket office on 01204 328 888 if they require their coach tickets to be reprinted.

"Meanwhile, a refund process for those who bought match passes for the original game on Wanderers TV will be confirmed tomorrow (Thursday)."

After the game was called off, Ian Evatt indicated that Wanderers wanted the game to be replayed as soon as possible.

He told The Bolton News: “For us, we have both got a free Tuesday two weeks from now, so let’s get it on as soon as we can."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Thu Feb 08 2024, 10:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:For goodness sake Sluffy, just for once accept your post was not only unnecessary but also factually incorrect. Whether it was fingers, wrist or whatever he had a problem, still does, with his hand and was a doubt. I know you can’t stand being wrong on anything but even you need to accept you were this time so stop digging and just move on instead of making yourself look even more silly than you already have.

My post was all about not believing what you read on social media without fact checking it yourself first - it is something I've said and repeated numerous times on here - wouldn't you agree?

Baxter played on Saturday and was clearly match fit enough to start just THREE DAYS LATER.

Do you really believe that a one handed keeper is better than a fully fit Coleman (who Evatt himself signed specifically to be Baxter's understudy if ever Baxter becomes injured)?

No manager in the league would play a one handed keeper.

The rumour was that Baxter had a finger injury and could be out for weeks.

It wasn't a finger injury and he played three days after his last match - so neither element of the rumour turned out to be true!

That rumour was clearly FALSE then wouldn't you agree?

And yes I've now seen Evatt's explanation but it doesn't change the fact that the rumour of a finger injury and being out for weeks simply didn't happen - did they?

As I've already posted previously above...

Sluffy wrote:If you actually read again what Evatt said it is clear that he believed Baxter WAS MATCH FIT but as a precaution in case during the game it made his wrist any worse, then he had Coleman on the bench for that eventuality.

Bit of a difference between social media's 'bad finger - out for weeks' and real life 'slight wrist injury and will be in the team as usual but understudy there just in case' - don't you think?

..dunno..

31Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Thu Feb 08 2024, 14:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What is the point? You really are a star Sluffy. 😁

32Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Thu Feb 08 2024, 15:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whether I'm a star or not, it still doesn't change the fact that the rumour you read on social media and believed enough to post it TWICE on here was indeed FALSE.

The moral of this little tale being people should not believe everything they read on social media without checking it out for themselves first.

Like all good advice, it is simple to remember, easy to do and nearly always ignored by idiots.

And if you think I am a star, then I will think of you as a planet...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wink

33Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Sat Feb 17 2024, 09:10

1_mosquito

We will win that game 2-1

34Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 14:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After our Saturday 3-3 draw at home against Charlton, how do you all feel we will do?

Will Ian have got his finger out finally and sorted the defence out? :pray:

35Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 14:26

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:After our Saturday 3-3 draw at home against Charlton, how do you all feel we will do?

Will Ian have got his finger out finally and sorted the defence out? :pray:

Defence will only be sorted with a fit Santos. He's head and shoulders above almost all other defenders in the league and we're far worse without him - as we've witnessed since he's been out.

How we will do depends on whether or not we can compete with the top teams in the league with this squad - something we have been poor at the past couple of seasons. Upcoming fixtures are awful and my best guess right now is that the automatic spots are already taken by the current first and second-placed teams.

36Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 15:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

37Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 15:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A nice touch.

I hope the club are putting free coach travel back down!

38Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 17:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cambridge seem a very in and out team at the moment, good results and bad so let’s hope tomorrow the sequence continues and they’re bad. Saturday was for me a must win game given Charltons position but to be fair despite our helping hand defensively they actually looked a decent side under their new manager so since we didn’t win that it must now switch to tomorrow if we are to genuinely challenge the top two. I’m not writing off our chances as Fin seems to be in his earlier post but unless we start turning these draws into wins he will be right. Clearly we need to get our best players back and whilst that won’t be until Blackpool at the earliest for some we can hopefully then do some damage to others hopes on their return. We need to win tomorrow and I think we will win tomorrow but it will be tight. 🙂

39Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 18:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In this league, current league position counts for very little and the sooner that folk recognise that every team is a threat the sooner we’ll start getting sensible posts about the opposition.
Most importantly, the players have to assume they’re going to have to battle for every point. No team can be taken for granted and points on the board are a lot healthier than games in hand.
Ultimately it comes down to us bringing our best game every week.

40Cambridge 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Cambridge 1-2 Bolton Mon Feb 19 2024, 19:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Kachunga seems to be doing ok at Cambridge. You just know he's going to be a pain in the arse and wouldn't put it past him to bag a goal. I do feel more confident in playing away than at home at the moment though and feel confident we should have enough to win this one. 3-1 Bolton, Collins to get off the mark.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum