Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Not available' - boss insists Victor Adeboyejo isn't Turkey bound

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Not available' - boss insists Victor Adeboyejo isn't Turkey bound 17656146

Victor Adeboyejo won’t be leaving Wanderers for Turkey this week.

Göztepe had an approach for the Nigerian striker turned down a just over a week ago but with the transfer window still open until Friday in that part of the world, rumours have continued to circulate that they will come in with another offer.

Adeboyejo had also attracted interest from German side Hannover following a stellar performance against Premier League Luton Town in the FA Cup.

Ian Evatt addressed the rumours in the press conference ahead of his side’s game at Cambridge United and said the 26-year-old would not be leaving the club.

“There was interest from Turkey in Victor, but it was very much knocked back when it happened – he is not available,” the manager said. “I wouldn’t have thought there will be anything else now. I think we nipped it in the bud.”

Wanderers started with Adeboyejo and Dion Charles up front against Barnsley but an eye-catching performance from new signing Aaron Collins – who made the equalising goal for Zac Ashworth – alongside Jon Dadi Bodvarsson has promoted debate over who will start against Cambridge United on Tuesday night.

Evatt admits he has something to think about as Bolton seek to get back into the top two.

“This is a really good squad of players and in the post-match review meeting this morning I told them to look left, right, forwards and behind, and all you’ll see is good players,” he said.

“Our attitude for the remainder of the season has to be ‘we’ not ‘me’ – it can’t be selfish or personal.

“Whatever team I pick in any given game I believe will be good enough to win. It is not about individuals, just the collective.

“Saturday, it didn’t happen for the two that started but the two who came on made an impact and got us back in the game. Tuesday might be different.”

Evatt believes that Wanderers fans got a brief glimpse of what Collins will eventually bring to Bolton following his £750,000 move from Bristol Rovers.

“We haven’t paid that money for him to not play,” he said. “We saw exactly what he can do on Saturday. It was a brilliant cross, right on the money, and that is what he does.

“The game can be looking like it is pretty flat but he is the type of player who can do something in an instant, he brings moments.

“Zac was exactly where he was supposed to be and scored a brilliant goal but there were other bits as well, his movement, a deflected shot that nearly won it for us, it was exactly why we brought him in. He is a good player and it is exactly why we brought him in.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum