Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking Back: Bolton ready to welcome 'adult disco venue' Maxwell's Plum

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking Back: Bolton ready to welcome 'adult disco venue' Maxwell's Plum 17805446

It was taken in November 1977 and shows part of the interior of Maxwell’s Plum, the new nightclub which they were opening on Bank Street.

The club - described at the time as ‘an adult disco venue’ - had five bars, a lounge area, dining section and Maxie’s Tavern Wine Bar.

Mr Eckersley told the Bolton Evening News at the time: “With our long experience in the entertainment industry we became aware that a specific need was required to be filled for a more adult type of venue in the town centre and we now firmly believe we have filled this with the arrival of Maxwell’s Plum.”

Were you a regular at the club?

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Spent some happy times in there and other nightclubs like Pips, Scamps and out of town the Bee's knees.

Usually saw half the Bolton team in there as well after match!

::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance:: ::dance::

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mum has mentioned in the past about the Bee's Knees where my aunt and uncle (her brother) went dating there at the time before getting married. Obviously it closed down long before I was born but was only told it was on Crompton Way.

Majority of people these days seem to get pissed up having a line of coke or similar picking some girl up ready for a quick shag down the back of the club. How times have changed!

After having a think where it could be, it is where Kwik Save used to be just after the Castle Pub that is situated on the corner at the junction with Tong Moor Road?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It was indeed on Crompton Way next-door to the Castle.

I think it was converted to a food supermarket and Kwik Save seems to ring a bell with me.

My mates who I used to hang about with lived mostly up Breightmiet so at the end of an evening in the Knees I used to have to walk home on my own, down Tonge Moor Road and up Waterloo Street to get home to Halliwell arriving about three o'clock in the morning!

Happy Days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum