Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The tide will turn in front of goal for Wanderers, says wing-back Williams

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The tide will turn in front of goal for Wanderers, says wing-back Williams 17825699

Wanderers filled their boots the last time they came up against Exeter City – and some might argue they are due to hit the motherload sometime soon again.

The last half-hour at Barnsley on Tuesday night was a familiar tale of spurned chances, at least until Randell Williams produced a memorable equaliser to send the travelling fans home happy.

According to Whoscored.com, Wanderers have had 44 attempts at goal over the last two games.

The wing-back is confident that the attacking returns will improve, and with top-scorer Dion Charles due to return in the very near future he is confident that goals will not be a problem during the run-in.

“It has been our kryptonite, not finishing chances, hasn’t it?” he told The Bolton News.

“But look, the good thing is that we are creating them and eventually they will turn.

“It isn’t a bad time for that to happen, in the last 10 games, and we have got some big games coming up and some big players on their way back too, so we are looking forward to it.

“It has been a tough spell for us. Things haven’t fell for us.

“We have had decisions that we’d felt had gone against us but that it football, you still have to react. The ref gives a free kick 30 yards from goal at Blackpool, and we had to react.

“It is all in our hands now, we just have to carry on.”

Williams was reduced to a watching brief during February after suffering a hamstring tear and with Charles, Nathan Baxter, Dan Nlundulu, Carlos Mendes Gomes and George Johnston also side-lined, the absences cut into Bolton’s consistency in the month.

“Watching is always difficult,” Williams said. “I support the team as best I can, it can be frustrating at times because you can’t affect the game. It is stressful, so I know what it is like to be a fan, I suppose.

“Honestly, it really is stressful when you can’t do anything about it. But the boys have done really well and we are still in a great position. At the end of the day, we win the rest of our games and it is all down to us. Ten to go now, the final 10. Bring it on.”

Exeter will want to avenge the seven-goal drubbing they received in November and Williams – who launched his professional career with the Grecians after coming through the system at Watford – is determined to keep Wanderers in the top two now he is in shape to do so.

“Of course they will want to pay us back, and we will have to limit their chances to do that,” he said. “We have to play our football and I am sure if we do that we can get three points.

“I know Exeter very well, it’s a great club and they have a special place in my heart.

“They really set my career off there. It is another tough place to go to and it’s in our hands, we just need to tick them off, one by one.

“I feel good, feel fit, I just want to get a run of games now and then hopefully we can push on for the last 10.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum