Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury

+4
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Feby
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 09:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next game is home to Shrewsbury Town who are lurking around the bottom in 19th place.

Whilst it is almost certain that Derby will finish as runners up I still can't help the feeling that Bolton may still possibly nick it from them.

We have 3 games left starting with tonight's game compared to Derby's 2 games. Derby are 4 points ahead of us.

Top...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bottom...

We have got Shrewsbury and Port Vale at home then our last game is away to Peterborough.

Derby have a few days off to rest but then have Cambridge away and Carlisle home left and both these teams are down and around the bottom who may just try their best to stop their promotion party.

Carlisle certainly have nothing to lose now as they are relegated.

I am at a little unease playing away to Peterborough on the last day of the season.

Our reverse fixture away at Shrewsbury saw us bring the 3 points home in a 2 nil win away last November.

I'm sure there is another twist and turn yet so can Bolton keep up the pressure and beat Shreswbury tonight?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Apr 16 2024, 21:45; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 11:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can live in hope KP but personally think we will finish third.

I can see us winning comfortably tonight, just can't see Derby slipping up now, hope i'm wrong though!

3Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 11:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:We can live in hope KP but personally think we will finish third.

I can see us winning comfortably tonight, just can't see Derby slipping up now, hope i'm wrong though!

Derby had a bit of a poor game last week against Wycombe where after the first 20 mins being dominated by Derby, they came right into it and almost scored about half a dozen times.

Cambridge and Carlisle could do the same.

You just have to keep the faith mate.

4Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 12:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Derby had a bit of a poor game last week against Wycombe where after the first 20 mins being dominated by Derby, they came right into it and almost scored about half a dozen times.

Cambridge and Carlisle could do the same.

You just have to keep the faith mate.
It's a funny old game. Who'd have thought Carlisle would go to Posh and beat them a couple of weeks back. It's still on, if the gods smile on us.

5Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 15:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derby have two of the poorest teams in the league to play. Sod’s Law. It was in our hands and we have ourselves to blame. 

Hopefully once third is confirmed at the weekend we can rest players against posh. 

I really hope we don’t get Blackpool as I think we’ll lose that.

6Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 19:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 19:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

8Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 21:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So glad I couldn’t afford to watch this.

9Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 21:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that's done it!

10Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 22:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn’t think we’d let 3rd slip I have to say but 2 legs against Barnsley will be very difficult and then a final against Peterborough is a nightmare scenario IMO. 

You’d like to think we could beat Oxford or bloody Lincoln over 2 legs. We have to cling on to third.

11Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 22:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

12Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 22:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I didn’t think we’d let 3rd slip I have to say but 2 legs against Barnsley will be very difficult and then a final against Peterborough is a nightmare scenario IMO. 

You’d like to think we could beat Oxford or bloody Lincoln over 2 legs. We have to cling on to third.

This team is not for going up I’m afraid. They have fucked up so many times this season. Shrewsbury should be literally a walk in the park even on a Tuesday bloody night.

It’s got right on my tits now all this FFS!

13Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 23:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Shrewsbury had something to play for - 50 points will keep them up and the point off us takes them to 47 they probably are safe now but I think they rather get another win somewhere to make certain.

We on the other hand were playing for a mathematical chance that Derby would get no more than one point in their last two games, and we win away to the fourth best team in the division on the last day of the season.

That was never going to happen.

Yes on paper it should have been an easy win for us tonight - but games aren't played on paper and that's why there is a massive gambling industry involved with football betting!

The bookies always win in the end because they set the odds with their heads and people bet with their hearts.

There's absolutely no reason why we can't win the play-offs, we ARE better than Peterborough, Barnsley, Oxford, Blackpool, Lincoln or Stevenage - if the luck doesn't go against us we will go up.

It's as simple as that.

14Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 23:21

Feby

David Ngog
David Ngog

Best for everyone if Evatt walks in the summer

15Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 23:23

Feby

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:Shrewsbury had something to play for - 50 points will keep them up and the point off us takes them to 47 they probably are safe now but I think they rather get another win somewhere to make certain.

We on the other hand were playing for a mathematical chance that Derby would get no more than one point in their last two games, and we win away to the fourth best team in the division on the last day of the season.

That was never going to happen.

Yes on paper it should have been an easy win for us tonight - but games aren't played on paper and that's why there is a massive gambling industry involved with football betting!

The bookies always win in the end because they set the odds with their heads and people bet with their hearts.

Are you Ian Evatt? It's about as inspiring as one of his team talks.

16Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 23:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Feby wrote:Best for everyone if Evatt walks in the summer

He's going nowhere whilst FV are in charge.

Feby wrote:Are you Ian Evatt? It's about as inspiring as one of his team talks.

Yes I'm Ian Evatt and my team talks got Barrow, promoted, Bolton promoted, Bolton in last years play-offs and the worst I can do this season is the play-offs again this season.

If I was going to be sacked by Sharon I'd be gone a long time ago after more than one of my little indiscretions got known about.

I'm here because FV want me to be.

Any idiot should be able to see that, present company excepted of course.

17Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Tue Apr 16 2024, 23:43

Feby

David Ngog
David Ngog

I've just listened to his post-match comments. He sounds like a broken man.

He will probably go on to manage in the Championship one day, but I don't expect it to be with us.

18Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Wed Apr 17 2024, 00:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

19Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Wed Apr 17 2024, 08:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only Maghoma looked up for it last night, the rest were very average. Its the inconsistency that bugs me the most, we can't string together a decent run of performances.

Don't really fancy our chances in the play-offs as we would need to have 3 good performances in a row and when was the last time we did that?

20Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Wed Apr 17 2024, 08:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt doesn’t miss open goals. 

We’ve had the chances to win the title in all honesty if not be a comfortable second. 

This is squarely on the players if we don’t go up. 

Evatt has done a hell of a job. Imagine who would come in if we sacked him. Urm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum