Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield)

+11
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
JonnyRandom
Bolton Nuts
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Is that because one of the mods smells?

All mods are wankers, I know that much.

22Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Aye Bernie missed the point......

We are 6 months removed from have Utd and City at our ground ....favored by the bookies for an immediate bounch back.....a good majority of the daft on here talking about 100 points....every so-called expert saying we have quality....

I said we would be lucky to not get relegated again ....I still believe it.......tell me Peterborough & Bristol City are not talking about a quick three points from us.

23Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:53

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We won't get relegated this season. Not a chance. I doubt we'll be going up this season though tbh. Coyle has left the club in a right mess and it's going to take more than a few weeks for Dougie to sort it out. Anyone expecting us to suddenly walk the league is deluded.

24Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 12:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Basically every result we've had under DF has been bemoaned on here.

even the draws, so basically that means every single game we've had, people on here have expected us to win, and even the clean sheet was criticised.

So it's win or bust... ridiculous expectations.

25Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 13:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We might not make the play offs this season but I can't see us getting relegated. Give the man time!!

26Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Basically every result we've had under DF has been bemoaned on here.

even the draws, so basically that means every single game we've had, people on here have expected us to win, and even the clean sheet was criticised.

When you drop down a division the least you expect is to be up there with the promotion chasers. As far as I can see Dougie is following the Owen Coyle handbook by the letter.

People have a right to be pissed off. Particularly those that pay cash to watch this shyte.

27Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 19:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not even his real thoughts.

dumb.
Hipster, they are his real thoughts. I listened to him on Radio Manchester after he game. I was going to attempt to write down what he said more accurately but the interview ended before my brain was in gear. So not my opinion, or supposed to be funny. Just saying.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

28Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's his perogative to view everything through rose tinted spectacles, most managers of shit teams do, they have little else to rely on!

29Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Sun Dec 09 2012, 22:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the match yesterday was Simon Charlton

31Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Basically every result we've had under DF has been bemoaned on here.

When you drop down a division the least you expect is to be up there with the promotion chasers. As far as I can see Dougie is following the Owen Coyle handbook by the letter.

People have a right to be pissed off. Particularly those that pay cash to watch this shyte.

Only an idiot would expect us to be competing for promotion after the previous manager was forced to get rid of more than half of the squad before a ball was kicked.

32Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 12:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Only an idiot would expect us to be competing for promotion after the previous manager was forced to get rid of more than half of the squad before a ball was kicked.

Hmm, I love sweeping statements that slag off 95% of Bolton fans, the bookies etc.

33Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:08

quote="Natasha Whittam"]

People have a right to be pissed off. Particularly those that pay cash to watch this shyte.[/quote]

Comparing him to Coyle is pretty dim, apart from not playing Sordell there's no comparisons.

Dougie's re-introduced the sports science Coyle had deemed unnecessary, he's refreshingly honest in the press, plays 4-2-3-1, is trying to address our shit defence, I could go on but it's pretty unnecessary, he's nothing like Coyle.

34Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Comparing him to Coyle is pretty dim, apart from not playing Sordell there's no comparisons.

Dougie's re-introduced the sports science Coyle had deemed unnecessary, he's refreshingly honest in the press, plays 4-2-3-1, is trying to address our shit defence, I could go on but it's pretty unnecessary, he's nothing like Coyle.

I disagree. He picks his favourites just like Coyle. Doesn't give players a chance just like Coyle. The defence is just as shit as it was under Coyle, just like Coyle. He doesn't seem to have a longterm gameplan, just like Coyle. He spouts shit in the post-match interviews, just like Coyle.

35Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:18

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I disagree. He picks his favourites just like Coyle. Doesn't give players a chance just like Coyle. The defence is just as shit as it was under Coyle, just like Coyle. He doesn't seem to have a longterm gameplan, just like Coyle. He spouts shit in the post-match interviews, just like Coyle.

Could you be more specific? Seems to me he doesn't have much choice but to play Zat Knight he's been the best out of a shit bunch at center back, SKD's playing because he's delivered when called upon, N'gog's been shit and Sordell's an enigma.

Longterm game plan seems pretty obvious, try and keep it tight and hit teams on the counter- hence he's working on the defence, trying Ricketts and Knight at center back, supposedly working hard on it in training, as well as sorting out the players fitness. (Nothing like Coyle)

He 'spouts' no more shit in post match interviews than any other manager, he seems to be reasonably honest to me (nothing like Coyle) he's not exactly going to come out and say we're shit just to please you is he?

Like him or not you're ignoring the changes he has made and slating everything he does, Hipsters right it's boring.

36Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am very proud of that performance. I am excited about what we have to work with here.

I understand people will be disappointed at some of the results but from a coach's point of view we keep putting in performances. Sometimes you don't get what you deserve but you just stick to your principles.

This is the sort of bullshit I cannot stand, said by Dougie after the match on Saturday.

We were playing Huddersfield, a League 1 team just a few months ago, and they'd lost three on the trot. Yet he's "proud" and "excited" by the performance.

Utter, utter shyte. Fair enough if he thought we were great going forward (we were until players were asked to score easy chances), but the defence is a shambles - he needs to acknowledge this and bloody well say so.

37Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Like him or not you're ignoring the changes he has made and slating everything he does, Hipsters right it's boring.

When Coyle was appointed I stated he would be a disaster. Hipster said the opposite. He kept this up despite defeat after defeat, and only changed his mind after a shyte start to life in the Championship.

It may well be boring always being right about managers, but rather that than suport the manager regardless until a deadline is hit and then change your opinion overnight. In Hipster's case, if we haven't moved up the league by 31st January he is moving to the "Dougie is shyte" camp.

38Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not what i said.

39Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'll give him until at least February

:dontgetit:

40Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) - Page 2 Empty Re: Dougie View on Game (Huddersfield) Mon Dec 10 2012, 13:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'll give him until at least February

:dontgetit:

exactly, before i start to judge him as a manager.

with his own squad, his own system and ample time to evaluate the players we have now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum