Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annoyed Bolton Fan.

+5
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
jayjay23
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 16:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Me.

The fans boo'd when Lee was subbed off. Why? Why Boo the manager. The game was a little hit and miss at times but Doug chose to add a striker, which was needed and massively paid off. He also removed Lee who had been well below par. I don't see what the problem was and I surprised myself by shouting "oh shut up booing, wait and see what the manager is doing before you moan"...

We went on and won 2-0 with two good Ngog goals. Another god move with the supersubs from Freedman. Can't moan there.

Then we had fans getting restless and annoyed in the first half because we were passing! OMG. Moaning because the team are passing the ball on the floor!!! If I was the boss I would be seething at this! We passed it really well for long periods, especially the first 25 mins.

It really bugs me when the idiot sat behind me keeps shouting utter nonsense such as this gem, "well there was no point doing 15 passes if you are just going to go and get tackled, just get it in there" - this came after Bolton had passed the ball from the back, from right to left, about 20 consecutive passes, then Eagles tried to get he cross in and their defence cut it out on the edge of the box. Tosser.

Bolton played a patient game and did it well yesterday. Yes there were blips but there will always be blips. Can those people not see the general direction we are going in with a good performance like that? Even when I put the radio on in the car the commentators were actually COMPLAINING that "we were just passing for the sake of passing" as if all those passes were a bad thing! Have they not seen Barcelona play?

#fedup

2Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

jayjay23 wrote:Another god move with the supersubs from Freedman. Can't moan there.

I wouldn't define it as Godly Wink But a good move, yeah

3Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree tbh.

People have been spoilt by Premier League success, and it's clear plenty think we should be winning every game this year, every, single, game. And handsomely at that.

draws have been bemoaned, as have clean sheets, even some wins have been bemoaned because they were "lucky" or the other team had "chances"

At the end of the day though football is a day out and people love to vent, I've shouted at certain players before, and i remember booing away at birmingham once because sammy lee kept Nolan on despite being a pile of crap.

still find it odd to be booing at 0-0 though with one defeat in 8 but each to their own.

4Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the complete shite that has been served up under Coyle and now Freedman that people are sick of. Yesterday was the same, for 70 minutes we were clueless with the ball and there was ZERO entertainment.

The players have to produce more to win back the fans.

5Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I thought somebody had already started a thread about yesterdays booing.

6Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I thought somebody had already started a thread about yesterdays booing.

When has that ever stopped Jayjay?

7Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:20

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't like booing, and think its is very rarely necessary.

But in our case I can understand why people might, we have experienced disappointment for years, ever since Sam left, thats a long time, and we are in the worst position we have been in more than a decade. Its a pretty big reason for frustration. And I don't agree with comment like 'we were spoilt in the prem', the top league is more our home than any other. I know we have had worse times but we have spent more time at the top level than in any other of the leagues.

Booing whilst drawing is stupid and something I would never do but I see why some might in our situation.

I tend not to like the booing of players coming on or being subbed off though unless those players have been arseholes all season, which was not the case in the last game.

8Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

People have been spoilt by Premier League success, and it's clear plenty think we should be winning every game this year, every, single, game. And handsomely at that.

You make it sound like we've been scraping the barrel, and people just want more than that. We haven't even been scraping the barrel, unless the target is to avoid relegation. At the start of play, we were 18th, the previous two home matches being a draw and a defeat against teams even lower than us. I didn't understand the booing against Forest earlier in the season after a decent hard-fought draw, but the Charlton match was for the best part the epitome of the dross that fans have become accustomed to.

9Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

like i said if people want to boo fair enough.

but you'd think people would have a bit more savvy about things.

I don't know why Freedman should take the heat for 18 months of failure under Coyle.

"It's aimed at the players" some might say, i just don't think it creates a good atmosphere to be booing 0-0's and subs with a new manager trying out new things.

but if u pay ur money, do what you want.

10Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Folk have a right to boo, but it doesn't do any good whatsoever. Do they think that the manager will change his mind?

All that can come out of it is that our team, manager and the opposing fans realise what a miserable bunch of gits we are, incapable of getting behind our own team and too stupid to see the potential damage we are doing ourselves.

11Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Folk have a right to boo, but it doesn't do any good whatsoever.

Of course it does. It was 0-0 before the booing. After the booing we'd won 2-0.

Perhaps if more people booed we'd still be in the Prem.

12Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well we can all thank you for yesterday's win then. Clearly had nothing to do with the manager bringing on the right players for the job despite getting booed for it.

13Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The booing certainly had a hand in it. I don't know why you can't accept that critisism from the fans might actually inspire some of the players.

On the very rare occasion someone says my work isn't top notch I do everything I can to prove them wrong. Are footballers any different?

14Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mistake. I thought the fans were booing at the substitutions DF made - i.e. got it 100% wrong when the target of the booing was 100% right.

As regards "criticism" it does have it's place after the event if the move turns out to be completely wrong. This was a case of the fans deciding it was the wrong move beforehand and I hope they realise that they were a) wrong and b) wankers.

15Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Sun Dec 16 2012, 22:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coming back to JayJay's point, it concerns me that we have several players that can play keepball until the cows come home but come up short in terms of those ingredients that would ultimately see us move up the table. To play a patient passing game, you need players that can make it work. I didn't see eleven players just waiting for a gap yesterday - they were knocking it around aimlessly to one another for lack of a better idea. This often involved backward passing that only invited pressure on us.

It wasn't patience that won us the game yesterday, but the introduction of a player with the ability to turn and take the ball in a useful direction.

16Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Mon Dec 17 2012, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doff - I can't think of a single pundit that has levelled that criticism at us in the last 20 years - not that pundits know anything - but the idea of being accused of being a passing team that retains possession is a novel one. Having lived with the hoofball tag for so long it's good to know that something has apparently changed. Now I'm no fan of retaining possession for the sake of it a la David Batty, but to be fair, if we have the ball the oppo can't score and there's always a chance of being able to find the killer pass. But that needs strikers making the good runs and it was noticeable that Ngog did just that when he came on. In my book it's no bad thing to retain possession if we have decent strikers,

17Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Mon Dec 17 2012, 12:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:not that pundits know anything

I disagree. I suspect many pundits know more than you about football.

18Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Mon Dec 17 2012, 12:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Nope. According to you, the folk who sit in the private boxes are the most knowledgeable.

19Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Mon Dec 17 2012, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Nope. According to you, the folk who sit in the private boxes are the most knowledgeable.

Well of course, they aren't freezing their nuts/fanny off so it's easier for them to concentrate on the game.

But it's a sweeping statement by wanderlust to suggest pundits know nothing. Leroy Rosenior is a genius.

20Annoyed Bolton Fan. Empty Re: Annoyed Bolton Fan. Mon Dec 17 2012, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

They certainly know more about cliches, sweeping generalisations and media manipulation than I ever will.

I like Leroy Rosenior though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum