Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UKIP

+9
Lofty_Love
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
gloswhite
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 13:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc71 wrote:

Actually in 50 years virtually nothing will have changed - possibly more gadgets, car fuel will probably be LPG/Cell battery hybrids, electricity from wind-farms and nuclear power stations and will probably have 3d holographic televisions, and population growth will probably still be on the increase - but due to advancements in science and gadgetry it will all be manageable.

But saying that we only have 2 more dayss until the Mayans got bored of predicting things which wouldn't help them!!!

Interesting set of predictions. I mostly agree but can't see windfarms having any future as they are ridiculously inefficient. Solar and wave power seem far more viable in the long term.

Mind you predicting the future is very difficult. Where are all the flying cars I used to read about 40 years ago?

22UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Actually in 50 years virtually nothing will have changed - possibly more gadgets, car fuel will probably be LPG/Cell battery hybrids, electricity from wind-farms and nuclear power stations and will probably have 3d holographic televisions, and population growth will probably still be on the increase - but due to advancements in science and gadgetry it will all be manageable.

Bullshit. Utter bullshit. No government has given any thought to the long term future of mankind, they're more interested in the here and now.

In 50 years the UK will have 20 million more people and 3 million less jobs than it does now.

If you seriously think that is sustainable you are living in dreamworld. Once money runs out for benefits anarchy will take over and we'll be fighting to the death over a carrot.

23UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Governments come and go, changes in benefits happen with every new government, advancements happen every day. Even if the UK population rises by another 20 million the UK can easily sustain it. We only live and work on 10% of the UK land and only another 30% is used for agricultural use, that leaves the majority of the land going to waste!!! Of course with more agriculture being done that will mean more people being employed and more taxes being collected hence sustainability! Also other products will have to be made such as cars, housing, more people collecting taxes more people doing this that and the other - hence actually decrease in the number of unemployed. Also what about schools, they will need more classrooms, more teachers, more administrators.

The future is bright and very manageable!

24UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Governments come and go, changes in benefits happen with every new government, advancements happen every day. Even if the UK population rises by another 20 million the UK can easily sustain it. We only live and work on 10% of the UK land and only another 30% is used for agricultural use, that leaves the majority of the land going to waste!!!

So who's paying for the new housing for these 20 million extra people, most of which will be claiming benefits?

We can't even house the people we have now, how are we going to do it when the government has run out of cash?

25UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who says that most of the extra 20 million will be claiming benefits?

We will need workers to create teh housing, to create the classroom, and for every single basic need there will be more people needed in employment.

As it is the childbirth rate for the last 25 years has been rising so that means we have at least 9 years worth of extra people working meaning more revenue in taxes (yes ok there is a slight blip at the moment due to the long recession) but out of 69 million only 10 million are either unemployed, too young to work or in retirement - thus meaning 59 million are paying taxation, and that will increase year on year thus creating more money for what is needed. Do you not think its funny that the FTSE is actually higher now than what it was when the recession started 5 years ago - the money is there already!!!

Its about time you stopped reading the Daily Fail that assumes that no advancements will take place with their predictions!!!

26UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:29

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Am I the only one who giggled at Sluffy's Abu Hamza "costing an ARM and a leg" (my caps)
I personally think the thought of compulsory abortion is so abhorrent as to be inconceivable (have I turned into a pun monster?) in civilised society.

27UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

We will need workers to create teh housing, to create the classroom, and for every single basic need there will be more people needed in employment.

You need money to pay for housing and schools. Hardly any houses/schools are being built right now - imagine how many will be built when there's an extra 10 million people claiming benefits.

28UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There is money, just not being spent!

Banks have been told to give money for loans, mortgages etc - but none are lending, although they have the money. 2 Banks recently fined for not lending enough.

Look at all the "free" schools that are actually being built at moment with huge investments.

There are more NHS successes than failures and they are expanding their ranges and building new wings.

Social housing is on the increase thanks to Quangos akin to the old Housing Corporation.

Now if you just read around teh subject, Natasha,, you will see that improvements and advancements are being made and that employment in these areas are rising, slowly, but they are rising. And once we come out of recession , which will be probably be another 3-5 years, then employment will be on the rise - more people paying taxes for more services.

Its not all doom and gloom, in fact things are going to get better, but we do definitely need a safeguard for when we go into teh next recession which will happen sooner or later!

29UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 17:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Have to side with Nat, when she cites the inability of government to make the right decisions. Now that all politicians work purely for themselves, they will always take the easy, less painful options, to ensure their continued employment. The spiralling cost of care is becoming uncontrollable, an example being my wifes uncle, currently in a private home for his Alzheimers, which costs a staggering £1015, per WEEK. This cost will be carried by the government when the proceeds from the sale of his house have run out. The money is out there, but the control of it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.

30UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Dec 19 2012, 18:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A mate of mine died in September of a massive heart attack. He owned a bungalow in Manchester which was paid for and he looked after his wife who has dementia. He has two daughters one who lives in Italy and one lives in London.

The daughter who lives in Italy married an Italian and their son is Italian. She has lived in Italy for over 25 years and has no plans to ever return and live in the UK. She teaches English in a local Italian school and her husband manages an hotel.

The daughter who lives in London has had to take the responsibility of looking after her mum. She has put her in a local home in Manchester until such time as she can sell the bungalow which has been valued at £250,000. She lives in a one bedroom flat and her plan was to move her mum to a nursing home near to where she lives in London. The CHEAPEST one that she could find is about a mile away from her flat and the annual fee is £40,000.

The days of parents leaving something for their parents looks to be a thing of the past. Still, never mind, if there is a humanitarian crisis anywhere in the World you can bet Cameron will be on his soapbox telling all and sundry that the UK will do all it can to help out.

It's a funny old game.

31UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 09 2013, 16:59

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20961650

UKIP youth chairman sacked after comments on Europe and gay marriage

The UK Independence Party has sacked the chairman of its youth organisation after he told the BBC that European elections were a "sort of sideshow".

Olly Neville said that if the party wanted to make a real difference "it is in Westminster politics".

He also said he backed the legalisation of gay marriage, which UKIP opposes.

UKIP said Mr Neville was "at odds" with the party on a number of policies and was "not adhering to the requirements" of being an official party spokesman.

UKIP, which campaigns for the UK to leave the European Union, has performed well in recent Westminster by-elections and polls have suggested it has enjoyed a surge in support.

One Conservative MP has suggested his party consider a pact with UKIP at the next election.

But UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said he would not work with David Cameron "in any circumstances" after critical comments he made about UKIP supporters, including remarks in 2006 when he labelled some UKIP activists as "fruitcakes and closet racists".

'Socially liberal'

Mr Neville, interim chair of Youth Independence - UKIP's youth wing - has been asked to stand down after comments he made in an interview with BBC Radio 4's The World at One last month.

In the interview, Mr Neville, who is 21, said: "The EU is a sort of a sideshow. But if we want to make a difference it is in Westminster politics."

UKIP does not have any MPs. In contrast, it has 12 MEPs in Brussels and has set itself the target of winning the largest share of the vote in UK elections to the European Parliament in 2014.

Mr Neville added that he was a "big supporter" of gay marriage and said he believed the government was right to seek to legalise it in England. "So I think there is definitely a more socially liberal side to Youth Independence, which I think is a good thing."

The BBC's political correspondent Chris Mason said Mr Neville announced on Twitter that he had been fired, publishing emails he claimed he had been sent by party chairman Steve Crowther.

'Breach of responsibility'

In a statement, Mr Crowther confirmed that Mr Neville had been asked to stand down, arguing that the party's governing body "felt that he did not fully appreciate the responsibilities attached to an official party role".

He added: "After a number of issues relating to the public presentation of policy on both broadcast and social media, we felt that Mr Neville was not adhering to the requirements of being an official spokesman for the party."

Mr Crowther denied Mr Neville - who the party said had not been elected but was doing the job on a "caretaker" basis - had been removed specifically because of his views on gay marriage.

"This is not the case. However, we did point out to him that stating policy views which are in contradiction to party policy, or misstating party policy, in public media was not only in breach of his responsibilities but also contrary to the YI's objectives.

"In relation to the party's policies on areas including gay marriage, the European elections, the legalisation of drugs and prostitution among others, Mr Neville has been publicly at odds with the party over the past few weeks."

Speaking about his opposition to gay marriage recently, Mr Farage told the Guardian that he believed religious faith played an important role in society and "the equality rights agenda has come to the point of head-on conflict" with it.

He also acknowledged some of his party members were "eccentrics" but said he preferred that to a "bland lot of ghastly people whose names I don't even know".

Latest goings on with the UK's third biggest political party...

32UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 09 2013, 17:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the best will in the world, I think 21 is far too young to be a spokesperson for a political party. Mr Neville may be a clever young chappie but it's very easy to put your foot in it when you enter political life.

Love them or hate them but more people than ever are choosing UKIP because they feel they have become disenfranchised from the other three parties.

I don't agree with all UKIP policies but some of their views on the bullshit bureaucracy bandied about by the bloated buffoons in Brussels, pretty much echo my own.

33UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 09 2013, 22:49

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote: What is this? a step towards forming an Aryan race? kill off the weak?

You mock, but in less than 50 years it will be survival of the fittest.

.... or possibly the fattest ! Laughing

34UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Tue Jan 22 2013, 20:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is quite interesting although it isn't about UKIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdOwFdf5Akw

35UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 23 2013, 18:51

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Reebok Trotter wrote:This is quite interesting although it isn't about UKIP.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdOwFdf5Akw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdOwFdf5Akw[/quote[/url]]

So these people are builderburgers and not lizards after all ? Shocked

36UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 23 2013, 18:56

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I turned off as soon as I saw the twin towers. Al-Whatever they're called did it. Why? Because they're psycho religious nutjobs. Simple as.

37UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 23 2013, 19:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote:I turned off as soon as I saw the twin towers. Al-Whatever they're called did it. Why? Because they're psycho religious nutjobs. Simple as.

It is a topical programme and has nothing whatsoever to do with the twin towers. The speaker is David Noakes who advocates us leaving Europe.

I notice Cameron has offered us a referendum if he gets in next time! A bit presumptuous if you ask me.

38UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 23 2013, 19:09

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh, as soon as I see any reference to 9/11 in a YouTube video I always turn off as 9 times out of 10 it's a stupid conspiracy theory video.

39UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 23 2013, 19:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough. The clip is more about why we should leave the EU.

40UKIP - Page 2 Empty Re: UKIP Wed Jan 23 2013, 19:11

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I notice Cameron has offered us a referendum if he gets in next time! A bit presumptuous if you ask me.

He's trying to get back the voters who voted Conservative in the last general election who have now switched to UKIP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum