Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The hillsborough song - for the families or a publicity stunt?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The Hillsborough song has been released to help the families and pay for their court costs, I don't agree with it personally as they released one when all this first happened but what really annoys me is that they are trying to get number one at chirstmas with it, why?

I mean they could release this song anytime of the year so why do they want the xmas number one with a really depressing song, it smacks of a publicty stunt IMO.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it a depressing song???

I actually enjoy it.

But there again, I'd rather have this as Christmas Number 1 then any sad fooker from The X Factor!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:But there again, I'd rather have this as Christmas Number 1 then any sad fooker from The X Factor!

All the profits from this years X Factor single are going to a charity that helps disabled and terminally ill children. (And it's actually a good song this year, for a change!)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I just don't think it's right they are releasing a song just because they can't afford the court costs themselves, it's just another way of saying to the public ''can someone else pay for it because were skint''.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair I am not buying either.

I dont buy records just because they are being made for charity. I buy a record (yes I know I am using old skool terminology) because I like the song. All this grasping the heart-strings recordings is just getting out of hand. Hillsborough, X factor, Stelios & Flatley, The Army Wives - just to name a few, all vying for the Christmas Number 1 and yet none of them are actually Christmassy songs, or cheesy one-hit wonders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum