Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray christmas.

+6
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Boggersbelief
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rickey lamberts even worse. Can you name someone who fits my description?

22Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:54

Lambert fits the description of a good striker, who hasn't played in the premiership before he turned 30.

Southampton's top scorer and second highest assists this season. He's a good player.

23Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Lambert fits the description of a good striker, who hasn't played in the premiership before he turned 30.

Southampton's top scorer and second highest assists this season. He's a good player.

Boggers wants an EXCITING player. He's not interested in proven goalscorers.

24Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 13:14

What about Bradford striker Nahdi Wells?

If you want a proven, quick, skillful, goalscorer your in dreamland by the way. I'd just take a goalscorer to be honest.

25Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 13:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We had a fecking goalscorer last season, sadly the clown who was in charge before let him go.

26Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 15:50

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't really understand, like Nat said surely someone scoring a goal a game is always exciting, whoever they are or however they scored them.

I'd rather have someone who can get a goal a game by any means, even if it by a dreaded header (Of course they don't really count, they are too easy and so any player who can score headers is instantly a 'donkey') than someone with loads of trickery getting a goal every 3 or 4.

Being able to drop in to space, finish and have a little bit of pace is enough in this league.. you don't even need to be that fast.

27Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 17:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like to watch players who prefer the ball at their feet. I'm sick of watching big dopes upfront who cannot control the ball or take a man on.

Even this lad gayle from Peterborough would do, I bet he scores against us tomorrow.

28Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:38

Boggersbelief wrote:I like to watch players who prefer the ball at their feet. I'm sick of watching big dopes upfront who cannot control the ball or take a man on.

Even this lad gayle from Peterborough would do, I bet he scores against us tomorrow.

You've never watched Murray play? Why have you assumed he's a target man?

I don't necessarily disagree with you not wanting us to sign him, but your reasoning is pretty strange to be honest.

29Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have seen him play a few times, he is a target man. And not a very good one..

Most strikers have one prolific season and then go back to their awful self, ebanks Blake springs to mind

30Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 19:03

Boggersbelief wrote:I have seen him play a few times, he is a target man. And not a very good one..

Most strikers have one prolific season and then go back to their awful self, ebanks Blake springs to mind

He can't be playing as badly as you make out with the record he's got this season, I'm assuming it's this season you saw him by the way.

Ebanks-Blake went back to being crap because Wolves got promoted, he's gone back to being useful again this season, Wolves joint top scorer.

31Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 19:15

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not wanting to put Murray down but 7 of his goals have come from the penalty spot (yes you do still have to score them).

His late development coincides with him being in a good Brighton side in the third tier and now a decent Palace side in the Championship.

I'd be slightly concerned if we were bidding £1 million for him anyway.

32Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 19:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:Not wanting to put Murray down but 7 of his goals have come from the penalty spot (yes you do still have to score them).

His late development coincides with him being in a good Brighton side in the third tier and now a decent Palace side in the Championship.

I'd be slightly concerned if we were bidding £1 million for him anyway.

Maybe Dougie is going to be more ambitious and sign Austin for £2 million?

33Murray christmas. - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray christmas. Fri Dec 21 2012, 20:16

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I doubt Dougie would get the A for £2 million.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum