Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hope you all enjoy the championship...

+8
Lyric Todkill
NickFazer
Lofty_Love
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Your enjoying it?

Jesus, Id hate to see what your like when your not enjoying it....

This is me having fun.

Because you aren't attending?

:banned:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

NikF and Nat are absolutely right, about a manager's role, and how we should be rebuilding. However, we need to take into account that the current team is nothing more than a holding team, whilst we start the changes and clearout. (not so much a clear out as we don't have the strength in depth, in any position).

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be ultimately fair the January window is a very highly inflated window. Yes we need players but why spend more than what we should for them, just because we only have 31 days. I would rather get loans in this window and the spend what we should come the summer.

Last edited by bwfc71 on Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for some reason had Wednesday on my mind!!!!)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie did a good job at Palace with a limited budget and if we give him time then him and Lennie could turn things around. We might not reach the play offs this season but at least Dougie will have the chance to put his mark on the squad.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So I wont book a room in the Wembley Ibis just yet... Crying or Very sad

I'm starting to think administration is being looked at as a genuine solution by the club now.

Refuse to invest in the team, talk of promotion being the ONLY option gone quiet, gartside has disappeared...

Wonder If FC Bolton will be able to use the Reebok? its more than likely to be turned in to a mosque...

reckon we should start on Burnden asda car park and work our way up there...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After so long in the Premiership I had forgotten what a pleasure it was playing in the Championship. Some old grounds with a bit of character, reasonable ticket prices, limited police presence, good atmosphere, plenty of places to go for a pint without any animosity.

Away games this season have been great. More atmosphere than at the Reebok!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:After so long in the Premiership I had forgotten what a pleasure it was playing in the Championship. Some old grounds with a bit of character, reasonable ticket prices, limited police presence, good atmosphere, plenty of places to go for a pint without any animosity.

Away games this season have been great. More atmosphere than at the Reebok!

I agree with this.

except the lack of police...

Some of boltons support is renowned for enjoying a bit of a scrap, combine that with some clubs who have never lost that '80's mentality' and your on to a potential riot.

Bristol City's fans have already taken liberties this season - anyone who was in scotts or harvester will know this. It took the police 15 mins to respond, eventually getting a whole TAG (tactical aid group or riot police) and a helicopter involved.

I myself suffered a bruised jaw and a nasty cut on my elbow from sticking it through the teeth of some inbred Bristol fat boy, it also cut my Lyle and Scott jumper, I wasn't a happy bunny.

If it wasn't for the few Bolton fans who stood there ground and fought them off from the entrance to scotts and harvester it would have been MUCH worse, women and kids where there for gods sake.

Bolton are taking a big big mob down to Bristol, A lot of the 'old boys' are also going - its going to get messy and was all started by the police and the club assuming no trouble was going to take place and trying to save a few bob, I assume the club had to foot the bill for the refurbishment of the 2 bars they trashed and the subsequent whole section of police who had to come and mop up.

I hope to got the police have the visit of Millwall down as a 'high risk' game, otherwise they are stupid!

anyway... gone off topic a bit here, I still think the policing needs looking at though.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:its going to get messy and was all started by the police and the club assuming no trouble was going to take place and trying to save a few bob, I assume the club had to foot the bill for the refurbishment of the 2 bars they trashed and the subsequent whole section of police who had to come and mop up.

I think the brain dead scum that started it are more to blame.

As well as the ones of our support continuing it down there.

Its not the polices fault there are lowlifes like this.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:its going to get messy and was all started by the police and the club assuming no trouble was going to take place and trying to save a few bob, I assume the club had to foot the bill for the refurbishment of the 2 bars they trashed and the subsequent whole section of police who had to come and mop up.

I think the brain dead scum that started it are more to blame.

As well as the ones of our support continuing it down there.

Its not the polices fault there are lowlifes like this.

Where you there?

did you see what ACTUALLY happened?

boltons fans where not at fault, I saw a woman who had a burst nose and an old ish (id say in his 50s) guy with his son who had a large gash on the top of his head from a flying bottle.

The bristol fans left the ground early and set off to trash our pubs, paying no regard to who they where hitting - again, going after women and kids and 'scarfers' (non hooligan fans) I dont think they actually cared who they where affecting.

The 20 or so Bolton fans who didn't run off and stood their ground DID NOT look for any trouble - it came to them, they where simply protecting the fans inside from getting the shit kicked out of them. the deserve applauding, like I said before it could have been worse had they not.

yes, the bristol low life who did it are at fault, however - they would have had a much harder job of it or not even done it at all had a police presence been there.

obviously the police intelligence is not up to scratch - the Bristol fans where organised. this was also not a set up 'meet' between 2 sets of fans, I thnik they saw the opportunity and went for it.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I never said Bolton fans started it, but I hope they don't continue it, for the same reasons you just described.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every club has it's share of nutjobs unfortunately. One or two clowns still living in the seventies and eighties. Hopefully the police will categorise each fixture accordingly. My understanding is that the clubs are only responsible for paying for the police actually inside the ground. Probably due to cutbacks the thin blue line is getting thinner and thinner on matchdays.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:I never said Bolton fans started it, but I hope they don't continue it, for the same reasons you just described.

this is true, problem is - there is going to be a reaction, a lot of fans are pissed off (i dont care about the rights and wrongs of it, its a tribal thing for them) that the Bristol lot took serious liberties.

as soon as I saw stickers and calling cards with this on in the flying flute I thought ...ok, here we go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the police should have thought the same thing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I myself suffered a bruised jaw and a nasty cut on my elbow from sticking it through the teeth of some inbred Bristol fat boy, it also cut my Lyle and Scott jumper, I wasn't a happy bunny.

Rebel, if you stopped acting like a total chav you wouldn't get twated by chubby Bristol City fans.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Rebel, if you stopped acting like a total chav you wouldn't get twated by chubby Bristol City fans.

I didn't get twatted...

I was helping to protect OUR pubs.

The bruised jaw came from a projectile that hit me, and the elbow as from elbowing a Bristol fan who was behind me and going for my head.

Im not proud, but im pretty sure I felt his front teeth crack, there was definitely a lot of blood in his mouth as he legged it over the fence at the back of scotts... he wont come back... Laughing

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

PS - im not a chav.

we have been though this.

I have a degree, a middle management job, a car I bought from new, a wardrobe full of designer gear, my own house that is mine not rented and I go away several times a year.

I didn't think a bit of 'posh totty' like you would be in to a working mans game like darts...

you sound more like a common fat bloke if im honest.... Wink

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I have a degree, a middle management job, a car I bought from new, a wardrobe full of designer gear, my own house that is mine not rented and I go away several times a year.

A chav isn't about how rich or poor you are, it's a mentality.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

lol!

Do they pay you a dividend every year?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

lol!

Do they pay you a dividend every year?

No, but I get the odd free beer, I know the manager Laughing

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

NickFazer wrote:To get promoted this season they would need to gamble upwards of 20 Million even if players of the required standard become available and are willing to join what is a mid table outfit at best. That is for starters, fail to go up and the running costs are increased, manage it and then have to invest another similar amount to give your self a decent chance of staying up.

The club has lost an average of over 10 million pounds per season in the Premier League over 10 years, should Bolton finish more than 10 points away from the relegation zone this season do not be surprised if it is placed in administration. This is a far more realistic way [shithouse trick though it is] of reducing the debt and starting with a relatively clean slate. The bottom line is that this is a Championship sized club with Championship sized support, an unbroken spell in the top division has been subsidised by borrowed money which has now run out.

Over to you Eddie

Can't say I'm much interested in who's fighting who, about which pubs and who started it. I'm a bit more concerned about what happens to us now in the Championship. I might be an optimistic fool - but I'm not giving up the hope of promotion for a few months yet- probably after seeing what Dougie can manage in January. We have no divine right to success but the points separating us from the play off places are not insurmountable and there have been occasions this year when we've shown thst we can play- not many,I'd agree, but they're still there.
There's no chance of administration as the debt is mainly owed to Eddie and his investment vehicles - so only he could appoint an administrator to sell the assets and recoup his investment- and lose a fortune as they're not worth much on a selling basis. As he's getting about 5% interest on his loans to the club he'd be a fool to force the club into administration.
I think everything hangs on what happens in January- who Freedman can ship out - and who he can bring in- I think that's fairly obvious. He also needs to instil a bit of morale and pride into whoever pulls on the shirt - we've got a record to be proud of.
So- all you doom- mongers, continue to be miserable,critical ,and ,if you must, plan to go fighting in pubs.
I'm still hopeful that things will turn the corner and tht we'll dig ourselves out of the mess that we're in.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rammyhite I don't know how the debt is structured and if it is as you say then I agree that administration is unlikely. However I stick to my opinion that the squad needs more than one or two additions and borrowing more money regardless of who is lending it is not a sensible policy. Dougie needs to be able to do some deals and get in the players that he is comfortable with and we can hopefully move forward from there, if that happens in January then great but I think his main problem will be shipping out the ones that are already here but surplus to requirements.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum