Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So Allardyce does know where his solicitors are!

+2
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I seem to remember some talk about legal action following the Panorama programme but nothing much ever seemed to come of it but he's not let Kean and Blackburn off the hook though! -

Blackburn have apologised to former manager Sam Allardyce over alleged comments by his successor Steve Kean.

The West Ham manager is taking legal action over claims made during a pre-season tour of Hong Kong in 2011.

"Mr Kean was in a bar and falsely alleged that Sam Allardyce was sacked because he was a crook," Blackburn said in a statement.

"This is completely false and we apologise to Mr Allardyce for the embarrassment and distress caused."

The matter came to light after a video was uploaded to YouTube in the summer. It appeared to show Kean making unguarded remarks about Allardyce to supporters.

Allardyce instructed solicitors to take legal action against both Blackburn and Kean.

The case was filed at the High Court in London on 12 July.

Kean's representatives SEM Group said a settlement had now been reached, but the terms were confidential. SEM added that Kean would also be making a public statement on the matter.

A spokesman for Allardyce said: "The settlement is confidential and we have all signed to that effect. Therefore, we are unable to comment."

Speaking after West Ham's 2-2 FA Cup third-round draw with Manchester United on Saturday, Allardyce had said he was close to an agreement over his damages claim.

Kean replaced Allardyce as Blackburn boss in December 2010, but stepped down in September following the club's relegation to the Championship after claiming he had been forced to resign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20944444

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently he accepted £15,000 and a full apology.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Id let somone slag me off for 15k ...

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

he got 200k

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting that distinction.

I think most people accept that Fat Sam was involved in crooked dealings, but the compen was for claiming that the reason he got sacked was for being crooked - not for calling him a crook.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Interesting that distinction.

I think most people accept that Fat Sam was involved in crooked dealings, but the compen was for claiming that the reason he got sacked was for being crooked - not for calling him a crook.

I thought the same thing myself.

https://youtu.be/TmQayS8EnE8

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Id let somone slag me off for 15k ...

You let me do it for free.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Id let somone slag me off for 15k ...

You let me do it for free.

I don't, you give me that blow job round the back of scotts bar a few weeks ago, do you not remember?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
I don't, you give me that blow job round the back of scotts bar a few weeks ago, do you not remember?

I trust the mods will step in. I feel violated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum