Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They've paid 62 quid over there!

+7
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Thu Jan 24 2013, 20:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Yes Watford [a] and Charlton [a]

Me too!

22They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Thu Jan 24 2013, 21:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm in!

23They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Thu Jan 24 2013, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next away games for me are Forest and Derby. What with this recession and fiscal prudence and all that, I have to pick and choose my away games. I am hoping to go away to Bristol City in April because it's a ground I have never visited and I might team up and have a pint with Gloswhite if he is available.

24They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Thu Jan 24 2013, 23:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ditto, I'm in.

Now if we can get fans from other clubs to join in as well - especially same weekends!!!

25They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Sat Jan 26 2013, 22:34

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That was superb by the linesman, such a random thing to come out with. But yes outrageous to watch a football game.

26They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Sat Jan 26 2013, 22:56

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember about ten years ago I went to watch sheff wed v blackpool when they were in league one and had to pay £22 to get in. I paid £22 to watch players like Lloyd owusu and Scott Taylor. I thought to myself I am paying one quid for every 4 mins of action, this is just bollocks.

It is crazy the sort of money players are earning, zat knight on 15000 a week is just very wrong. How can he earn the same in one week as many people earn in a year?

But football is the world's most popular and loved sport, there is so much money in the game, so the players should be entitled to a slice of the cake. But it is ridiculous fans are charged these stupid prices to watch a game.
The only problem is that it's money that tempts some of the best players to play here in England. If wage caps came into place these players would rather live and play in Spain, Italy, France and even places like Switzerland.

Just look at the game in Scotland - no money in the game means a shit league.

Maybe fans around the world should boycot games completely so that something is done about the problem of ticket prices for fans?

27They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Sun Jan 27 2013, 10:51

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is a solution to this but it means the governing bodies have to have some balls and act in the interests of the game, unfortunately at best they are incompetent and the higher up the food chain you go the more corrupt it all is. The entire structure of the game is built on greed and the losers are the fans. They could start with the following

1 Club Debt not to exceed a percentage of income - and by income I mean gate receipts and TV revenue, not the unpredictable whims of owners and sponsors.

2 Clubs are only allowed to spend a specified percentage of income on wages, all wages including Chief Executives and office staff, everyone.

3 Tax bills are to paid on time, clubs have used money due to HMRC as an interest free loan for years and its taking the piss.

4 Players Union to act as agents in contract negotiations for a fixed fee.

5 Players contracts to be simplified, sell on clauses, release clauses etc to be forbidden

6 Clubs guilty of breaking the rules relegated end of.

That's my two cents. Won't happen of course until the stadiums are empty and nobody watches it on telly.

28They've paid 62 quid over there! - Page 2 Empty Re: They've paid 62 quid over there! Sun Jan 27 2013, 11:24

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:If im honest, Lescott or any other premier league or championship player probably thinks 62 quid is nothing and are wondering what all the fuss is about.

Just as a rough guess, Id assume Lescott probably earns about £62 in a minute...

Sad I know but before tax it would take Knight 42 minutes to earn £62.00, so you see Rebel he's value for money Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum