Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers

+5
Leeds_Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Sat Jan 26 2013, 09:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tom eaves has signed a new 3 year contract.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

TOM Eaves has committed his future to Wanderers by signing a new three-year deal with the club.

The 21-year-old striker, signed in the summer of 2010 from Oldham Athletic, has been factored into the first team squad under Dougie Freedman of late.

He spent three months on loan at Bristol Rovers earlier in the season, scoring seven goals in 15 appearances, but is yet to make his debut for the Whites.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:good:

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

cheers Hopefully he will start to see some game time.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will never start a league game for BWFC.

He will be sent out on loan for the majority of his 3 years.

He will be shit. And lightweight.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dougie doesn't strike me as the type to offer new contracts to players he doesn't like, look at Petrov for example, I doubt Coyle would have had the balls to get him off the books like dougie has.

I think we may see more of Eaves in the next couple of seasons under Dougie.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: And lightweight.

He's a big lad, definitely not lightweight. He put 3 past us pre-season when he played for Oldham.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote: And lightweight.

He's a big lad, definitely not lightweight. He put 3 past us pre-season when he played for Oldham.

I think he could come good over the next season or two. If we can get him some championship games under his belt towards the back end of this season to cement himself a place next year.

10Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 10:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The frustrating thing for many people is that we have a lot of players around the squad who are ostensibly "ones for the future" who don't actually play at the moment. Against a background of mediocre and occasionally poor league performances, it's only natural to get frustrated (if they are any good, why are they not playing?)

This is symptomatic of wanting success now/this season.

I guess the problem that OC faced and DF is facing is that "theoretically" the players who play regularly - the usual suspects- should be good enough to do well in this division which would give time for the rest to develop. Unfortunately we've been let down by a number of ex-premiership players who haven't done the business, hence the constant calls for personnel changes.

If we were doing OK in the Championship with the players who play regularly, nobody would be complaining and players "in development" would be seen as a bonus rather than a desperate short-term solution.

We have to be patient and trust that the manager will play them when they're ready. It takes time as Alonso is starting to show. For me, I'm glad that the manager has confidence that these guys will come through eventually and as I'm not too arsed about getting promoted this season I can cope with the frustration. I'm happy to write this season off as a regrouping and rebuilding season during which DF is putting the building blocks for a decent team in place within the available budget - and will reserve any criticism I have for our former premiership players who just aren't hacking it at Chasmpionship level.

11Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 10:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eaves is 21, not 17. He went out on loan to a club bottom of League 2 and did ok without setting the world on fire.

He isn't going to make that jump to the Championship.

However, if Dougie continues following the Owen Coyle Guide To Management we could well be back in League 2 before his contract expires - we'll be sorted then!

12Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 11:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love the trolling angle of Dougie = Coyle.

very amusing.

13Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 11:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I love the trolling angle of Dougie = Coyle.

very amusing.

Not much has changed under Dougie. New signings still sit on the bench, our best players are left out in favour of Kevin Davies, we don't win many matches, the post-match interviews are bollocks.

I could go on.

14Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

very amusing.

I could go on.

You undoubtedly will.

15Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:24

Natasha Whittam wrote:

very amusing.

Not much has changed under Dougie. New signings still sit on the bench, our best players are left out in favour of Kevin Davies, we don't win many matches, the post-match interviews are bollocks.

I could go on.

What a load of shit.

Which new signings have sat on the bench? Craig Davies isn't fit enough yet, poor management would be to play a semi fit striker.

Our best players? Sordell? Who was shit according to you?

Dougies made it clear why he didn't play at Palace, whether you choose to believe it is up to you, but the Sordell situation is constantly improving.

Dougie's been praising his attitude and Sordells 'hailed' Freedman. This is much better than OC ever got from him and it's a matter of time before he's our number one striker. Good man management.

The post match interviews bit is the biggest load of bollocks, he talks sense and is honest. Far more than OC ever was he also explains his actions (like he did with Sordell).

DF will turn us around, Im confident of that. Far more confident than I'd be with an idiot like Mick McCarthy ion charge.

16Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It makes you wonder how bad the training was under coyle with all the unfit players we seem to have on the books, Sordell prime example. What was Coyle actually doing with Marvin to get him so much out of condition by the time DF came in, I know he didn't play under Coyle but why and how did he let him get in such a bad state where he can't even play 2 games in a week.

17Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People are forgetting Freedman's been manager for months now - how can Sordell still not be fully fit? How can Craig Davies not be fully fit?

18Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

DF will turn us around, Im confident of that. Far more confident than I'd be with an idiot like Mick McCarthy ion charge.

Are you talking about that idiot who has taken double the points that Dougie has?

19Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Craig daives hadn't played that much for Barnsley this season, granted he had scored a few goals but he is in a similar situation to Lee where he has just come back from a long lay off.

The sordell situation I lay at Coyles feet to be honest, Dougie is obviously helping him get back to where he was at Watford.

20Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Empty Re: Eaves signs new deal with Wanderers Mon Jan 28 2013, 12:46

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Are you talking about that idiot who has taken double the points that Dougie has?

Unless you know another manager called Mick McCarthy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum