Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

a bolton XI of ex players still playing

+9
Alf Hooker
LeedsWanderer
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Jamster26
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1a bolton XI of ex players still playing Empty a bolton XI of ex players still playing Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:24 pm

if you could make a fantasy team of ex bolton personnel that are still in the game what would your XI be.

a bit of light hearted fun to take us away from all the doom and gloom Smile

Al Habsi, Steinnson, Cahill, Faye, O'Brien, Taylor, Nolan, Guthrie, Gudjohnson, Anelka (bit of a cheat as he has only just reitred) Klasnic

Can anyone think of a better when that would possibly put us in a better situation than we are currently in?

In our current squad i reckon there is probably only 3 maybe 4 players that would make it ahead of that lot!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

most of west ham?

Laughing

Reebok_Rebel wrote:most of west ham?

Laughing

It was going to happen wasn't it! Oh And Big Sam as manager [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Al-habsi
Gretski - cahill - Bartley - Taylor
Gudjohnsen - Nolan - wilshere - diouf
Anelka - sturridge

Boggersbelief wrote:Al-habsi
Gretski - cahill - Bartley - Taylor
Gudjohnsen - Nolan - wilshere - diouf
Anelka - sturridge

Wilshere and sturridge weren't technically ours otherwise hands down they would have been in mine too!

Diouf was the one i was toying with over gudjohnsen.

Seems like a top half premiership team their though!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No-where in the rules did you exclude loan players Wink

Boggersbelief wrote:No-where in the rules did you exclude loan players Wink

fair play, i meant too but now if we can include loan players i think weiss could be in for shout too!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

That's like toying with McGinlay or Ngog. Diouf was shite.

i don't think diouf was shite and in your heart of hearts i don't think you could really.

Diouf is one of them players, much like barton, keane, bellamy, everyone hates them unless they are playing for your team. He always gave 110% and although he acted like a petulant child now and then, just watching them top ten goals from the 08 season reaffirmed how good a player he was. i was speaking to some leeds fans not so long a go, and it took him a while to win them round but he did, like he does where ever he goes.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:i don't think diouf was shite and in your heart of hearts i don't think you could really.

Diouf is one of them players, much like barton, keane, bellamy, everyone hates them unless they are playing for your team. He always gave 110% and although he acted like a petulant child now and then, just watching them top ten goals from the 08 season reaffirmed how good a player he was. i was speaking to some leeds fans not so long a go, and it took him a while to win them round but he did, like he does where ever he goes.

Johnny, I've enjoyed your posts today but I'm afraid I'm now seething.

Diouf was rubbish. Apart from being a scumbag, a chav king, and a cheating bugger he was also a pretty ineffective player. He had a lot of the ball but did very little with it. And he always fell over when he should have been shooting.

Calm down, it's only a difference of opinion, i'm sure the first of many!

I was a diouf fan, and the aspect of his game you are describing did certainly let him down! Which is why i added the petulant child bit! But his commitment to the team was there, he had a passion which is long since gone in the team (possibly minus Kdavies). And it's passion like his which we are missing right now. When he was in the "right frame of mind" he was a game changer much like those mentiond above, but i can see your point of view as the negatives will always outweigh the positives especially in football.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

That's like toying with McGinlay or Ngog. Diouf was shite.

Diouf was brilliant for us.

Ignore Natasha, johnny.
She's clueless.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Diouf was brilliant for us.

Ignore Natasha, johnny.
She's clueless.

His final ball was rubbish. He scored few goals. He was suspended a lot.

Admittedly he was in the papers a lot, so if you're judging him on his marketing powers then you are right.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Diouf was a good outlet for us up top and scoreed some memorable goals for us. His final ball and his attitude let him down at times but he was always willing to take his man on and get crosses into the box.

I think he was a good player for us.

me too but don't want to cause a raucus on my first day! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

y2johnny wrote:if you could make a fantasy team of ex bolton personnel that are still in the game what would your XI be.

Al Habsi, Steinnson, Cahill, Faye, O'Brien, Taylor, Nolan, Guthrie, Gudjohnson, Anelka (bit of a cheat as he has only just reitred)

Anelka hasn't retired, he came on in a match I was watching last week, though I can't for the life of me think who it was.

Jussi, J'O'B. Cahill. Faye. Nolan. Diouf. Anelka. Taylor

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whittam is always being confrontational, it's what she does.

Becomes boring after a while

aaron_bwfc wrote:
y2johnny wrote:if you could make a fantasy team of ex bolton personnel that are still in the game what would your XI be.

Al Habsi, Steinnson, Cahill, Faye, O'Brien, Taylor, Nolan, Guthrie, Gudjohnson, Anelka (bit of a cheat as he has only just reitred)

Anelka hasn't retired, he came on in a match I was watching last week, though I can't for the life of me think who it was.

Jussi, J'O'B. Cahill. Faye. Nolan. Diouf. Anelka. Taylor

i'll have a look and see if i can find out (google is our friend!)

be interested to see where he has pitched up now as i thought the chinese club he was at was his last!

ETA: JUVE!!!!!

Last edited by y2johnny on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't anelka sign for juventus?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's Juventus, he came on when they beat Celtic last week....knew I wasn't losing the plot. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum