Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea to lose yet another manager! - AUDIO 'RANT' ADDED

+6
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Sluffy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Rant! - audio link -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21610058

Rafael Benitez has said he will leave Chelsea at the end of the season and described the decision to only make him interim manager as a "massive mistake".

After beating Middlesbrough 2-0 in the FA Cup fifth round, the Spaniard also criticised some of the club's fans.

He said: "Chelsea gave me the title of interim manager which is a massive mistake. I'm the manager and I will manage this club.

"The fans are not helping us. They have to support the team."

He added: "I am a little bit disappointed with some of the fans. They have to support the team instead of wasting time singing songs.

"If they continue singing and talking, they are not doing [the team] any favours. I will do my best until the last day."

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Feb 27 2013, 22:51; edited 1 time in total

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One of the most loathsome men ever to manage in England.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chelsea fans are idiots, he's one of the best managers in the world and they didn't give him a chance

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope they get PDC next, .

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's great how the media slate fans of teams like us and Blackburn when we wanted Megson and Keane out, yet Chelsea fans do it with Rafa and yet their still great fans for singing RDMs name.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't understand all the fuss about this, everything he says is true.

I've seen it described as "astonishing"

really?

doffcocker wrote:One of the most loathsome men ever to manage in England.

Why?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:One of the most loathsome men ever to manage in England.

Why?
Good question. He's a bit of a tit but for the most part he seems to conduct himself reasonably well in the media. Maybe Doff has some inside info?

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who would want the Chelsea job these days? Any manager that goes there has a good chance of destroying the successful reputation that they had built up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Who would want the Chelsea job these days? Any manager that goes there has a good chance of destroying the successful reputation that they had built up.

This.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Who would want the Chelsea job these days? Any manager that goes there has a good chance of destroying the successful reputation that they had built up.

Anybody that wants to earn a shitload of money, see AVB for details.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Take out Valencia where he inherited a back to back Champions League finalist squad, his CV is neither here nor there.

He picked up Liverpool in 4th and left them in 7th, despite spending in excess of £300m. I think Allardyce had it right when he said he'd have been sacked far sooner had his record in Europe been as bad as in the league.

Inter were five times back to back Italian champions when he arrived, but were 13 points adrift by the time he'd gone six months later.

His record was patchy even in his early days as manager of lower league Spanish clubs.

RDM was a Chelsea hero where Benitez is arrogant, antagonistic and has history against the club. He knew what he'd be up against but took the job without hesitation regardless.

Something tells me the application list won't be empty come May, despite Abramovich's crazy ways.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sky seem to be running a campaign to get Benitez the sack and unsettle Laudrup, maybe they can swap.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

laudraup will stay at Swansea

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Boggersbelief wrote:laudraup will stay at Swansea

I'd put money on him being Real Madrids new manager in the summer when Jose leaves.

According to a good source in Spain, the Madrid board ran a pole on who they would like to take over Jose and Laudrup came out with over 70% of the vote.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He isn't experienced enough to manage the biggest club in the world.

doffcocker wrote:Take out Valencia where he inherited a back to back Champions League finalist squad, his CV is neither here nor there.

He picked up Liverpool in 4th and left them in 7th, despite spending in excess of £300m. I think Allardyce had it right when he said he'd have been sacked far sooner had his record in Europe been as bad as in the league.

Inter were five times back to back Italian champions when he arrived, but were 13 points adrift by the time he'd gone six months later.

His record was patchy even in his early days as manager of lower league Spanish clubs.

RDM was a Chelsea hero where Benitez is arrogant, antagonistic and has history against the club. He knew what he'd be up against but took the job without hesitation regardless.

Something tells me the application list won't be empty come May, despite Abramovich's crazy ways.

Think it's unfair to discount his success at Valencia, he had one of the most successful periods in their history and they weren't the best team in Spain when he took over.

He won the champions league at Liverpool, and had them challenging at the top of the league most of their fans still love him.

I don't think he's the greatest manager in the world but he's won a lot of trophies and I think he's quite entertaining he loves a rant.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't he have Liverpool second?

Some achievement considering their recent history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum