Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kerim Frei - NIXON

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Kerim Frei - NIXON Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman wants Fulham’s Turkish midfield magician Kerim Frei to fill Mark Davies’s talented boots.

Freedman is keen to land the 19-year-old on loan for his late promotion push and make up for the absence of creative star Davies who is out for the rest of the year.

Frei is recovering from injury but could be allowed to join Wanderers to get his sharpness back - and ready for Martin Jol’s first team next season.

Freedman is a big fan of Frei who was also loaned to table topping Cardiff City earlier in the season and is the type of quick-thinking player who wants for his side.

Davies’s loss has left Bolton without a similar type and Freedman wants to add him - and a winger - to his squad as they try to make a dramatic top-six finish.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good spot, Boogers.

3Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Im a big fan of Frei always looked good when I've seen him play, if we were to add him and Sinclair we'd have a very strong squad for the rest of the season.

4Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frei's got a lot of potential, but if we're going to develop 19 year olds why not throw in our own international midfield starlet signing Gregus?

5Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 am

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Frei has more experience of the english game having played for Fulham in the Europa League.

6Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:20 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Frei has more experience of the english game having played for Fulham in the Europa League.
Gregus has more experience of being a Bolton Wanderers player and has played for Slovakia U21s on 19 occasions scoring 2 goals from midfield. If the game time helps him develop we actually get to keep him.

7Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:39 am

Isn't Gregus a defensive midfielder?

8Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Frei is a cracking little player, I have seen him a few times for Fulham in the league and in their europa league campaign last season, he can play centre of midfield or on the left side.
Sign him up Doogie!

9Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, he's a really good player. Perfect replacement for Mark Davies too, if it comes off.

10Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:46 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Isn't Gregus a defensive midfielder?
He plays central and can do a defensive or attacking role as required. Like Dawson, he's a loanee so I'd like to see him given a chance so that we can see what he's about and he can see if he wants to stay.

11Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:08 pm

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Isn't Gregus a defensive midfielder?
He plays central and can do a defensive or attacking role as required. Like Dawson, he's a loanee so I'd like to see him given a chance so that we can see what he's about and he can see if he wants to stay.

If I remember correctly Nixon said that Gregus was pretty much guaranteed to go permanent at the end of the season, but Banik wanted a loan first for some reason possibly hoping he'd make an impact and increase his value.

Either way I'd expect him to sign, but can't see him seeing the first team for more than the odd cameo.

12Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Doogie seems to have written the Scott Sinclair rumour off but hasn't ruled out brining Kerim to bolton on loan:-

“Meanwhile, Kerim Frei is a very good player who I admire.”

13Kerim Frei - NIXON Empty Re: Kerim Frei - NIXON Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:16 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DOUGIE Freedman reckons his next moves in the transfer market could be crucial to Wanderers’ play-off hopes.

After winning four games on the spin, the Whites boss wants to strengthen his hand further with the addition of two loan signings before the window closes on March 28.

It is understood that Freedman had drawn up a wish list of four Premier League players, although the top target, Fulham’s Kerim Frei, is now likely to be out of the running after the West London club vetoed a deal.

Freedman may have to look elsewhere for the midfield creator to help fill the gap vacated by the injured Mark Davies, but it is thought the Scot could have someone on board in time to face Brighton at the Reebok this weekend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum