Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman pleased with Medo Kamara

+11
Natasha Whittam
TheHateCamel
wanderlust
scottjames30
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
Tigermin
JonnyRandom
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman felt Medo Kamara came through a tough derby baptism against Blackburn with flying colours.

The 25-year-old former Partizan Belgrade man made his first start since joining Wanderers on January transfer deadline day and Freedman was impressed with his display alongside Jay Spearing at the heart of midfield.

"I thought he was excellent," he said. "It's difficult for him to adjust to the pace - that's his first game since November and it's a derby game.

"I do like to throw them in at the deep end and I thought he was thrown into the middle of the ocean because it's a huge game for him.

"He just got on with it. He looked as if he'd been here for a long time, he moved the ball well.

"We knew Blackburn would come with a game plan and play very deep and sit in there, so we had to be patient and I though Spearing and him looked a good partnership in there."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He has a good game to be fair to his first start, nothing spectacular, made a few poor passes but also made some good ones aswell by knocking the ball out wide on a few occasions.

He strikes mas the type who could quite easily get himself sent off if he lost his head during a match.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He started off a bit slow but grew into the game. Always looked so calm on the ball which is good. When we play more of an attacking formation is when we will see the best of him i think

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bolton manager Dougie Freedman felt Medo Kamara came through a tough derby baptism against Blackburn with flying colours.

The 25-year-old former Partizan Belgrade man made his first start since joining Wanderers on January transfer deadline day and Freedman was impressed with his display alongside Jay Spearing at the heart of midfield.

"I thought he was excellent," he said. "It's difficult for him to adjust to the pace - that's his first game since November and it's a derby game.

"I do like to throw them in at the deep end and I thought he was thrown into the middle of the ocean because it's a huge game for him.

"He just got on with it. He looked as if he'd been here for a long time, he moved the ball well.

"We knew Blackburn would come with a game plan and play very deep and sit in there, so we had to be patient and I though Spearing and him looked a good partnership in there."

Jesus H Christ !!!! I do like to throw them in at the deep end ?? he has been here since the end of January and on the evidence so far he should have stayed in Belgrade !! Not impressed so far but willing to hang fire for a bit longer but is he better than Vela,I think not?

Tigermin wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bolton manager Dougie Freedman felt Medo Kamara came through a tough derby baptism against Blackburn with flying colours.

Jesus H Christ !!!! I do like to throw them in at the deep end ?? he has been here since the end of January and on the evidence so far he should have stayed in Belgrade !! Not impressed so far but willing to hang fire for a bit longer but is he better than Vela,I think not?

Your point doesn't really make sense, he gave him his first start, after very little game time, in a local derby which was an intense game by all accounts and played the whole game. That's throwing him in at the deep end. And on the evidence of his first game you think it wasn't worth signing him?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's have it right. Medo wanted to stake his claim to a place in the squad. Being a shrinking violet would hardly have gained him any Brownie points with the management. Yes, he was reckless on occasions but that is because he was trying to impress and show that he is committed.

Give the lad time. He played his first full game since last November.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll go on to become our captain. I'm sure of it

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He has a confidence and energy that we haven't had in midfield for a long time - an "I will get the ball off this motherfucker" attitude. He also passed it round neatly.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he will end up being our biggest asset..

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bad tackles can only be expected if you're off the pace, so let's hope he gets up to speed soon as it's essential to be quick in that position. We don't want a player who gives away free kicks at the back and runs the risk of a sending off. The ref got a lot of stick, but I think he was patient with Medo instead of going straight for the book, but the lad will have to be careful. Everyone is a bit underwhelmed with him ATM but still it's early days.

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I thought he did well considering it was his first full start, committed in the tackle, linked up well with others. My only concern is that he's very much the same played as spearing, in style and stature. Might make us more negative against a more attacking side than Blackburn.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Your point doesn't really make sense, he gave him his first start, after very little game time, in a local derby which was an intense game by all accounts and played the whole game. That's throwing him in at the deep end. And on the evidence of his first game you think it wasn't worth signing him?

It wasnt his first game,he was average at best.My point was he hasnt overly impressed me so far and couldnt see anything that justified starting him ahead of Vela or Eagles ? Considering certain people thought he was the next Messi he hasnt set the world on fire but hope its just that he is finding it hard to settle to our style.Sure he will play at some point again on Saturday so we shall see. cheers

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm not sure what you expected from him to be honest so soon, in his first start he was asked to play infront of the back 4 and make sure the defence was protected, they were and we kept a clean sheet so he must hev done something right.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote: in his first start he was asked to play infront of the back 4 and make sure the defence was protected, they were and we kept a clean sheet so he must hev done something right.
He's a defensive midfielder so that's his primary job and he did it well for a first start. Don't know where this Messi stuff came from but it's irrelevant. Very useful player to have IMO.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It always makes me laugh when people defend footballers with excuses like "it was his first game" or "he needs to get used to English football" as though these players have never kicked a ball in their lives before.

I play tennis a lot. If you took me to Iran or Congo or Sudan and put me on an identical tennis court over there I'd still be the same player playing the same game.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wouldn't compare football with tennis.

I kind of think of it as, could you being the hugely successful business women, walk straight in to a competitors office and be asked to run things? Would you just go in there and everything would run fine? Probably not, it would take you a couple of weeks to get your feet under your desk, work things out and suck a few cocks.

Last edited by WhiteBic on Fri Mar 08 2013, 11:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I play tennis a lot. If you took me to Iran or Congo or Sudan and put me on an identical tennis court over there I'd still be the same player playing the same game.

I think you would struggle to play to a decent standard in the Sudan. A tennis ball doesn't bounce very well on sand.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

WhiteBic wrote:I wouldn't compare football with tennis.

I kind of think of it as, could you being the hugely successful business women, walk straight in to a competitors office and be asked to run things? Would you just go in there and everything would run fine? Probably not, it would take you a couple of weeks to get your feet under your desk, work things out and suck a few cocks.

lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:I wouldn't compare football with tennis.

You bellend. I have never sucked a cock for promotion in my life. But people have tried sucking mine.

A game of football is a game of football. They are all played on grass with a leather ball against other human beings with the aim being to get the ball into the net.

If I was put into another company they might have different software, different goals, a language problem and many other things that would hinder me.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football is football and business is business - both require teamwork and a range of skillsets to be successful. Every team operates differently though and whilst it's reasonable to take time to get to know who does what, how and when it's absolutely essential to know your own role within the whole and the strategy for the group.
Medo needs time to learn and adjust.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum