Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reading Sack Manager

+6
NickFazer
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Sgt. Bash
Bernard Dennis Park
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reading Sack Manager Empty Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 17:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reading have sacked McDermott.

Job for Owen?

2Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 17:37

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reading will still go down. Even Wigan and Villa can beat them on their own patch.

I'd love Nigel Adkins to get the job and keep Reading up at Southampton's expense though, that would be funny!

3Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not surprised tbh.

4Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:08

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Adkins and Di Canio are favourites.

5Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He took them on a fantastic run to get them promoted and this is how he's repaid.

6Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was the RDM of Reading......Well not quite.

7Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Adkins and Di Canio are favourites.

Di Canio watching them at Villa this weekend - coincidence?

Reading Sack Manager BFGGRUDCUAEJYdN

8Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 18:57

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Worth a few quid if you're a betting man.

9Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 19:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di canio isn't a premier league manager. Players of that ability won't put up with his stupid way on managing

10Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 19:00

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Di Canio would probably keep them up, he's the sort to make an immediate impact and he's a passionate and emotional guy. Over the longer term time will tell but he did well at Swindon.

11Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 19:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see anyone keeping them up to be honest. I have some sympathy with McDermott but that's football.

12Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 22:34

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Another disgraceful decision by another deluded foreign owner. Mc Dermott was a thoroughly decent bloke who did what he could with a pitifully small budget. He got them promoted and some owners think they have a divine right to stay up. Who's going to rescue them They won't find a better manager capable of keeping thm up now.
I get really sick of rich clowns owning clubs like playthings thinking that their threadbare teams should be in the Prem. I hope my wishes come true- Reading and Southampton down (because they've treated decent managers shoddily) and then QPR joining them because they stank last season and still stink this.

13Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Mon Mar 11 2013, 22:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Another disgraceful decision by another deluded foreign owner. Mc Dermott was a thoroughly decent bloke who did what he could with a pitifully small budget. He got them promoted and some owners think they have a divine right to stay up. Who's going to rescue them They won't find a better manager capable of keeping thm up now.
I get really sick of rich clowns owning clubs like playthings thinking that their threadbare teams should be in the Prem. I hope my wishes come true- Reading and Southampton down (because they've treated decent managers shoddily) and then QPR joining them because they stank last season and still stink this.

I'll happily go with your 3 selections for the drop. Funnily enough, the only Chairman who has shown any loyalty is ' Dodgy ' Dave over at Wigan. That's why I don't begrudge Wigan their day out at Wembley.

14Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to the bookies it's a 4 horse race. Di Canio seems to be the bookies favourite with Nigel Adkins and RDM coming up the rails. Alan Curbishley has thrown his hat into the ring but after 4 years out of football he is a long shot.

No mention of the manager who claims to be the best he has ever been.

Personally, I don't think it matters who gets the job because I don't think Reading have a good enough squad to survive.

15Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Stupid to sack Brian to be honest, as you say RT the squad just isn't good enough to stay up so they are going to go down anyway no matter who is in charge.

I can't see Di Canio getting the job, my tip to get the job would be Adkins.

16Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 12 2013, 11:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading are run by another Russian. Going off the behaviour of Abramovich I would give Reading the swerve.

17Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 26 2013, 11:40

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sgt. Bash wrote:I'd love Nigel Adkins to get the job and keep Reading up at Southampton's expense though, that would be funny!

I should have put a bet on! Nigel Adkins has today been named the new Reading manager.

18Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 26 2013, 12:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First home match v Southampton! Should be one for the media to climb all over, especially if Reading win.

19Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 26 2013, 12:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's too late for Reading to avoid relegation but i'm pleased Adkins is back in work. How long will he last working for foreign owners?

20Reading Sack Manager Empty Re: Reading Sack Manager Tue Mar 26 2013, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was listening to something on the radio on the way back from the gym last night about the Venky's in particular and foreign owners in general. Jack Straw was calling for more action from the PL and FA to educate potential buyers about the fact that they are not buying another franchise - they are buying into a community. Straw made a number of very valid points and went up in my estimation, especially when talking about the culture of football clubs and the communities they are part of. He called for the "suitability" tests to incorporate something about understanding the community clubs serve which I think is an excellent idea - although it may put off some potential buyers who want to keep their investments simple and liquid - but they're the ones that aren't really wanted anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum