Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommend An Album

+8
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Dinae Moe Humm
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Mon Mar 25 2013, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

There's loads of cd's and dvd's on amazon for a fiver these days. It's mainly because the big sellers on market place use some sort of software that undercuts the lowest priced seller by 1 penny at a time, but if you then get sellers doing this the price can quite quickly get down to a penny. Which is great if you're buying, not so much if you're selling.

It's since Music Magpie started advertising on TV. They buy the CDs for nothing and sell them almost as cheaply as "zoverstocks" on Amazon and "estocks" on eBay. They make their money on the postage.

22Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Mon Mar 25 2013, 16:53

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

There's loads of cd's and dvd's on amazon for a fiver these days. It's mainly because the big sellers on market place use some sort of software that undercuts the lowest priced seller by 1 penny at a time, but if you then get sellers doing this the price can quite quickly get down to a penny. Which is great if you're buying, not so much if you're selling.

It's since Music Magpie started advertising on TV. They buy the CDs for nothing and sell them almost as cheaply as "zoverstocks" on Amazon and "estocks" on eBay. They make their money on the postage.

Yeah, I buy from them a lot. They tend to post stuff pretty quickly and can't really complain at those prices.

23Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Mon Mar 25 2013, 16:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

Yeah, I buy from them a lot. They tend to post stuff pretty quickly and can't really complain at those prices.

If you can be bothered you can pick up some real bargains from them. I bought a Demon Boyz album for 1p and sold it for £42.

24Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not Fragile by Bachman Turner Overdrive.

25Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Mon Mar 25 2013, 18:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Lonely Island - Turtleneck & Chain

26Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Mon Mar 25 2013, 19:21

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:Anything by Frank Zappa, let's say 'Roxy & Elsewhere'. Doubt it will be available for 1p on Amazon unfortunately.

Cheapest is £7.63 - are you sure it's worth it. Do you really want to owe me that amount of cash?

If you want something a bit easy on the ears and a good starter try Uncle Meat.

27Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 01:05

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If you want something a bit easy on the ears and a good starter try Uncle Meat.[/quote]

Hip Hop to Uncle Meat in one easy step. I don't think it's gonna happen somehow Dinah. Laughing

She needs to start with something a bit more commercial like Lumpy Gravy or Weasels. Wink

28Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 01:40

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd recommend "Heaven Or Las Vegas" by The Cocteau Twins. It's definitely different from anything else and easy to appreciate even on 1st listen.

29Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 07:10

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Uncle Meat wasnt my recommendation. Id say overnite sensation or apostrophe would be the most easily accessible

30Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 07:16

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Alkaline trio - from here to infirmary

Will be enjoying that one this morning on the way to work

31Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 08:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zappa for beginners? Has to be Overnite Sensation or Sheikh Yerbouti.
However, I think we need a bit of a steer given the vast amount of stuff out there. Natasha - is there anything else that you like other than 90s hip hop? Is there anything we can discount straight away e.g. do you have a pathological hatred of blues, country, jazz, folk, soul, dub, world music, twiddly guitar solos or overproduced electro? Are words more important than tunes? Do you like different stuff for different moods as I do? Give us a clue please.

32Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 09:14

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now 72

33Recommend An Album - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommend An Album Tue Mar 26 2013, 14:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:Uncle Meat wasnt my recommendation. Id say overnite sensation or apostrophe would be the most easily accessible
It was a tongue in cheek job! There's no way on earth rappers delight will listen to FZ.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum