Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do we need a miracle or wake-up call?

+7
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do we need a miracle or wake-up call? Empty Do we need a miracle or wake-up call? Sat Mar 30 2013, 17:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are probably not many on here left who still believe we have a chance of making the playoffs, but FWIW we have to consider the possibility. "On paper" our next 3 matches are relatively easy...
Huddersfield H
Wolves H
Bristol City A
... except that all 3 of those teams will be fighting for their lives.
If we can get past them and still be in with a shout we have 3 "promotion clashes" in a row....
Leicester A
Middlesborough H
Cardiff A
...and it's got to the point that we have to win those too to keep any hopes alive.
Finally we get to play Blackpool at home on the final day of the season. If by some miracle, we are still in with a chance, Blackpool would love to piss on our parade.
Based on the last two emasculated performances it wouldn't surprise me if we got battered in every one of those games. But it's a funny old game.
So do you think
a) We are already out of it and the squad isn't good enough
b) We have the players to win every game if they all start playing to their potential and as a team?
c) Even if our players play their best, we'd still need a huge slice of luck to get into the playoffs?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always said we'd left it too late.

Stand by that.

Simply not enough quality, and probably not enough characters who "want it" IMO.

from what i read/hear sounds like a few go through the motions. Happy to be corrected.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have no choice but to give it a go.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Heart will always say "GET PROMOTED NOW!!" but head is definitely of the opinion that we're better off having one more season at this level and (hopefully) building a better squad that can get automatic promotion next season and be in a better position to survive in the Premier League afterwards.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

6 points off the play offs and very low goal difference compared to brighton and forest.

If Brighton or Forest had been in the same situation today I am convinced it would have finished 3/4-0 to them.

The wake up call should have been against Ipswich but it seems that didn't work.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe DF, doesn't want us to go up............just yet anyway.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll still go up.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Need to win 6 out of the last 7 to be in with a shout, not likely. Blew it today, very disappointed that we couldn't defend a two goal lead.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The away games we just lose...so that will finish us.....boro & wolves at home are probably a draw. We will likely miss the playoffs by a few points. Even if we make those playoffs I can't see us doing much. But of course by all means go ahead a do our best. Supposed to be professionals you know.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The question is do we have the players who playing at the peak of their form could scrape into the playoffs - or are they not good enough and we're hoping for a miracle?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The table is ridiculously tight. We're only a point closer to the play-offs than we are to the relegation area. 6 points to the play-offs, 7 to the drop zone, 21 still to get or throw away.

How we finish this season will determine the amount of patience the fans have with Dougie going into next season. I can visualise this season ending poorly, next season starting slowly, and Dougie struggling for the crowd's support.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Under Coyle and now Dougie we've returned to the days of being a soft touch away from home.

We won't win away again this season.

Therefore the play-offs are miles away. And if Dougie doesn't find some characters it will be exactly the same next season.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The table is ridiculously tight. We're only a point closer to the play-offs than we are to the relegation area. 6 points to the play-offs, 7 to the drop zone, 21 still to get or throw away.

How we finish this season will determine the amount of patience the fans have with Dougie going into next season. I can visualise this season ending poorly, next season starting slowly, and Dougie struggling for the crowd's support.

Plenty call for him to be sacked every time we concede so i would go along with that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Supposing we drop out of contention for a playoff spot. I'd prefer Dougie to risk the wrath of the fans by experimenting so we can see what we've got and what's needed for next season in this league, especially in the positions currently occupied by loanees and players expected to move on in the summer.
That may mean we'll lose more and slide down the table i.e. a poor finish to the season. but it's for the good of the club.
I'd hope that if that happened the fans would be smart enough to see it.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Wee Dougie has said he may call Eaves back to give him a few games at the end - I assume that is if we are not in with a shout for the playoffs, mind. I fully expect us to get into the playoffs even though it will be very close going.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Wee Dougie has said he may call Eaves back to give him a few games at the end - I assume that is if we are not in with a shout for the playoffs, mind. I fully expect us to get into the playoffs even though it will be very close going.

Your positivity is refreshing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Keegan wrote:Wee Dougie has said he may call Eaves back to give him a few games at the end - I assume that is if we are not in with a shout for the playoffs, mind. I fully expect us to get into the playoffs even though it will be very close going.

Your positivity is refreshing.
He's in denial, like me.
As long as other clubs around us keep cocking it up too, hope doesn't go away, despite the facts.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with you two, I think we'll be outside the play offs till but make it on the last day at the expense of forest.

I did the championship predictor just now and was unbiased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum