Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest Blackburn Farce - Club Managing Director - Suspended!

+6
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
rammywhite
scottjames30
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Blackburn Rovers managing director Derek Shaw has been told to stay away from Ewood Park during an investigation into the compensation owed to former boss Henning Berg.

On Wednesday Shaw received notice of the disciplinary inquiry in a letter.

Berg, who was sacked in late December , says he is owed approximately £2m and has taken his claim to the High Court.

Global advisor Shebby Singh will fly to India on Thursday for meetings with owners Venky's to discuss the matter.

Singh and the club declined to comment when approached by BBC Sport, while Shaw could not be contacted for comment.

BBC Sport understands a meeting has initially been planned between Shaw and Singh on Monday, with club directors attempting to discuss the matter with their Indian bosses on Thursday. The investigation will focus on how the terms of Berg's contract were drawn up.

In the meantime Shaw has been asked to stay at home.

Singh has been in talks with club lawyers for the last fortnight in an attempt to find a solution to Berg's claim , a case which is being pursued by the League Managers' Association. Berg went to the LMA for assistance after he said he had not been paid any compensation since his sacking.

Former Preston North End chairman Shaw was appointed by Rovers in June 2012, just days after Singh was confirmed as the club's global advisor.

Berg was in charge for 57 days. His successor Michael Appleton was sacked after only 67 days at the helm, with reserve team boss Gary Bowyer put in caretaker charge until the end of the season.

Monday's 3-0 defeat at league leaders Cardiff City leaves the club out of the Championship relegation zone only on goal difference.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22026971

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know we take the piss out of them- only because that's part of the culture of football.
But the reality is much sadder- a once proud Lancashire club dragged into the gutter by a set of clowns who know nothing about football and what it actually means to local communities.
I really think the UK football authorities need to step in and clean up the stench created by foreign owners who think football clubs are like expensive yachts- just playthings to give their owners a bit more pointless status

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Funny stuff.

I honestly think Shebby Singh will end up becoming manager one day.

Hopefully next season when they're in league 1.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Funny stuff.

I honestly think Shebby Singh will end up becoming manager one day.

Hopefully next season when they're in league 1.

It wouldn't surprise me, I see Roman Abramovich has taken up his coaching badges at Chelsea.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rovers may be our rich neighbours but it's good to know that they've wasted all that money on players and are still behind us in the league despite the fact that we've had to cut back on signings and wages in the last couple of years and now they owe £2million to Henning Berg for less than 2 months work on top of his wages.
A shit manager that they didn't want on £250k a week bonus above and beyond his wage. Class.

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Apr 04 2013, 14:27; edited 1 time in total

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Venkys the Burnley fans mission 362 complete.

Just wait until the Jack Walker statue outside the ground is replaced with a Shebby Singh one.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bowyer was summoned to India to see the cowboys and may be close to the old heave ho Very Happy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blackburn-venkys-advised-sack-gary-1818623

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:Bowyer was summoned to India to see the cowboys and may be close to the old heave ho Very Happy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blackburn-venkys-advised-sack-gary-1818623

Just in time to disrupt their match for Satdy!
FFS they need a miracle to polish the turds they have.

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Tue Apr 09 2013, 22:32; edited 1 time in total

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon tweeted this afternoon that Silk, the Finance Director had resigned.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

'Just in time to disrupt their match for Satdy!'

Exactly Soul Kitchen. They did the same with Steve Kean last season and I had many an argument with some bastard fans about how unhelpful it would be being in a relegation battle. They were saying that it was nothing to worry about as the coaches would take training and all that.

It's happening again lol!

The Venky's are Burnley fans, there's no other explanation.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nixon's tweets from about 3 hours ago to now -

- Sounds like this has been a wasted day when it was all set up to be a day of decision. I am close to giving up on this lot.

- Statements galore. Bullshit aplenty. And still nothing done in Pune. Total and utter shambles.

- These people can't sort anything out. Unsaveable. Pointless.

- It is supposed to be to sort things out. Still not sorted. Beyond a joke.

- Nothing serious has happened today. Just loads of talk. Waste of time.

- All were due to return tonight. But some will be staying. To take people over there and do NOTHING is a joke

- Nothing has moved on in India. Hear someone hawking a story that will add even more fuel to the fire ...

What a joke club!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for the Rovers now. Talk about airing your dirty laundry in public. Shambles on the pitch too which is surprising for that group of players.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with you Wander- it's a nightmare and a salutary lesson for any one who wants to see their club owned by shady overseas owners.
It makes you a bit happier that we've had Eddie Davies bankrolling us- a local born entrepreneur who understands what football clubs mean to their communities. Despite the bad stuff we've had (Little Sam- now forgiven, Megson and Coyle- still unforgiven) we've managed to come through it relatively unscathed. It could have been a nightmare for us as well.
I suppose that qualified praise for Gartside might be possible in all of this

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I thought why not us when they took over Blackburn, what a lucky miss!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The club is a farce/owners, a small part of me feels sorry for the fan's, I wouldn't like it to our club going through the same thing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the other hand, the Rovers fans I know are prone to gloating whenever they can and the season they bought the prem title was particularly irritating. Their success has been underpinned by throwing money at the problem and when they bought Rhodes and the other fancy dans they were pretty confident about doing it again this season.
The contrast between the raised expectations when the money was flowing and the current reality has just exacerbated the fans anger so to some extent their pain is fuelled by their own cockiness. Not saying that we don't have cocky fans who crow and boast, but somehow I get the feeling that Rovers fans are particularly smug in general so perhaps a period of humility might do them some good. Still don't think they'll go down.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I feel a bit for the older generation of Rovers fans, even if some of them were responsible for hiring a plane with a 'Staying down forever love Rovers' banner when we missed out in the play offs when in the 4th division and some of them being in the away end at t'Turf in the Orient game.

Some of the new generation of Rovers fans are particularly arrogant Premier League fans who have never witnessed their club in the 3rd tier before and believe they have a devine right to be with the big boys.

I wouldn't like to see them go to the wall but I would like to see them scratching around in League 2 for a good few years. Let's see how they like it.

It was such a nice welcome as well......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCo2VDhCLqY

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only reason the managers have got to fly to India is because, they won't come over here for fear that the Blackburn fans are going to kick the fuck out of them.

There probably right too. Very Happy

fuck em They refused to let me tie my bike to the railings at ewood around 1975. twats.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum