Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football Manager

+6
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Jamster26
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Football Manager Empty Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 13:33

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Anyone play this? Where's everyone up to with their save currently?

I've bought each new release of the game since 2010, and I absolutely love it. I think 2013's is naturally the best one yet. Not allot of difference in terms of the game-play per-se, but the navigation is greatly improved and plus, I don't think it's as "easy" as games of the franchise gone by.

Well I started as Bolton, target was promotion. My only signing was Craig Eastmond from Arsenal on a loan deal. Mainly due to the fact that there was sod all money to barter with, and we were already over the maximum wage expenditure so I had to sell Chung-Yong Lee to Everton for £6m. I thought that was a pretty good deal, however I had no time to bring in a replacement, but no big deal, I felt had good cover on the right in the names of Eagles and N'gog. (Yes, N'gog!).

The season did not go to plan at all though. I lost my first four matches including a spectacular drubbing at the hands of our rival, Blackburn, which the fans obviously loved, and the pressure was on straight away. (On a seperate point, I like how if your first job in management, is at the top end of the leagues (Premiership / Championship), the board, and to a larger extent the fans are more demanding for results, as the fans didn't want me as the manager in the first place!.

So yeah, I was on a horrible run, I then was knocked out of the Capital One cup by Bristol City and then the pressure was really on. In the end, after 10 games, seven losses, 2 draws, and one win, I was relieved of my duties as Bolton Wanderers Manager.

Now, I'm the new manager of Bristol City, the expectations are allot more "secure" (fight bravely against relegation),and we've won our first two games against Leeds United and Bolton (ha!), so looking good at the moment. (Marlon Harwood is my key man!).

2Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you coyle in disguise? Very Happy

It's a great game, haven't played it in a while though.

3Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've been playing the same version (2003/2004) of Championship Manager since it was released. It was produced by the people that now do Football Manager at the time. I just can't get used to the newer versions.

My proudest achievement is winning the Champions League with Leigh RMI. I only wish my computer at the time hadn't broke, otherwise I'd have the print-screen shots to prove it.

I started the game I'm currently playing a couple of (real life) years ago. It's now the year 2067 and I'm the 99 year old manager of Middlesbrough.

4Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:35

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I started the game I'm currently playing a couple of (real life) years ago. It's now the year 2067 and I'm the 99 year old manager of Middlesbrough.

lol!

5Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 15:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I loved the old Championship manager (now football manager), I did so well with Rochdale they built a fecking statue of me....so they said anyway I never did see it and it wasn't at spotland when I went a few years later. Very Happy

I'm on the new one at the moment, I like Jammy started with Bolton and was sacked after 7 games in, I then took over at Blackburn and haven't looked back. I got them promoted on the 2nd time of asking and currently sit 12th in the premier leauge in my 2nd season in the prem with Rhodes and Benteke my lethal strike force.

6Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 16:58

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I then took over at Blackburn and haven't looked back. I got them promoted on the 2nd time of asking and currently sit 12th in the premier leauge in my 2nd season in the prem with Rhodes and Benteke my lethal strike force.

pale

7Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 17:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

My proudest achievement is winning the Champions League with Leigh RMI.

lol!

8Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 17:12

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I was hooked on Championship manager '93. It was the one in the green box with an old guy waving his finger at you on the front. Clough and Bart-williams were awesome.

Does anyone remember Football Masters on the amiga/commadore 64? Laudrup, Rijkaard and van baastan were great foreign players you could buy on Lucrative foreign transfer market. I think you could only have 1 or 2 of them in your squad at once.

9Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 20:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:
I then took over at Blackburn and haven't looked back. I got them promoted on the 2nd time of asking and currently sit 12th in the premier leauge in my 2nd season in the prem with Rhodes and Benteke my lethal strike force.

Sounds unrealistic.

10Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 20:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't play football management games - I used to be an addict in my early teens. I used to play "The Double" on the Commodore 64 literally 18 hours a day. Each game took the full 90 minutes to play.

11Football Manager Empty Re: Football Manager Tue Apr 30 2013, 22:20

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I preferred the football manager games of the past. I find the games now are far too detailed, its as if you are a bloody football manager. I just want a game where I select a formation, sign players and pick the team and have the game take about 2 minutes to play with the commentary at the bottom of the screen. Now it takes bloody hours to make any progress with the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum