Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV Money

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TV Money Empty TV Money Tue May 21 2013, 17:43

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, United get 20 million more than QPR - not because they were top, but because they were on TV more. Now, how can this be fair? The league would not exist without ALL the teams in the League. Spurs finished 5th but got more than Chelsea!!! Still a case of the rich getting richer......

Wonder what Gordon Taylor thinks?

2TV Money Empty Re: TV Money Tue May 21 2013, 17:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty sure if it was Wigan v Norwich on tv every week Sky would go bust pretty sharpish.

3TV Money Empty Re: TV Money Tue May 21 2013, 18:54

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

but the league wouldn't exist without Wigan, Norwich, Stoke etc. Just because a team is on TV more than another team is no reason for them to get 20 million pounds more. The money should be the same for all teams. If the guy at Sky who decides which games are shown happens to be a West Ham Fan and puts them on more often than United, we'd never hear the last of it. The current system just makes the gap bigger.

4TV Money Empty Re: TV Money Tue May 21 2013, 19:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:but the league wouldn't exist without Wigan, Norwich, Stoke etc. Just because a team is on TV more than another team is no reason for them to get 20 million pounds more. The money should be the same for all teams. If the guy at Sky who decides which games are shown happens to be a West Ham Fan and puts them on more often than United, we'd never hear the last of it. The current system just makes the gap bigger.

I agree with you, but it's not the way the world works I'm afraid. United/Chelsea etc will demand more of the money to move their games so often from Saturday afternoon.

5TV Money Empty Re: TV Money Tue May 21 2013, 19:33

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The article is a bit misleading to be honest. TV money is spread very fairly through the league. Most of it is split into even shares, the amount you get depending on how many times your shown varies very little really, certainly not by £20 million.

The huge difference your seeing is the final position reward (25% of the total TV revenue is used on this), which is fair in my opinion, you should be rewarded more for finishing higher.

But the other 75% of TV money is almost entirely equally spread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6TV Money Empty Re: TV Money Tue May 21 2013, 19:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They need a salary cap and revenue sharing.

then we might see change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum