Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will We Be In Debt Forever?

+9
waynagain
doffcocker
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we doomed to have this £130m+ debt around out necks for eternity?

From where I'm sitting I don't think we can ever truly compete at the top level again.

How will we lose this debt if no one offers £150m for Ngog & Sordell?

2Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my big worry is what happens when Eddy Davies pops his clogs or wants out, what happens then? We will be up shit creek.

3Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely the same thing applies at Chelsea if Abramovich pops his clogs. What about Wigan? Dave Whelan isn't getting any younger.

4Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think once we get back in the premier league then we'll actively reduced the debt.

5Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think once we get back in the premier league then we'll actively reduced the debt.

I'm not so sure - getting into the PL was what got us in this mess in the first place - we spent money we didn't have to compete at the top level - I suspect we would do the same again if we ever got back there.

6Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we probably would reduce the debt but with bigger wages needed for Premiership players we will never be debt free. I suppose the same could be said of 90% of clubs though. Football seems to be the only business where massive debts are acceptable

7Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Im hoping we have learned from past mistakes.  Dougie does seem to do OK with his transfer dealings.

8Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Im hoping we have learned from past mistakes.  Dougie does seem to do OK with his transfer dealings.

True, but as soon as you get in the top division there are expectations like never before - to be fair Reading resisted splashing the cash and for that reason I reckon they'll bounce straight back - but I'm not sure Bolton fans are that patient.

9Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 20:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully they'll have learned from it, but football isn't like other businesses. It's like America. Shedloads of debt that nobody ever dare call in. 

We may only be a feather on the golden goose's arse, but there are forces at work that almost guarantee a collective, altruistic or out and out capitalist "saviour" if we were ever to go bust.

We may go through rough times again but we are and always will be part of the golden goose's lifeblood.

10Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think most clubs in england are in debt, apart from the likes of City and Chelsea, nearly every club is in quite a fair amount of debt.

I'm not sure how ours compares to other clubs but I doubt it's much worse to the likes of say Hull or Wolves. 

IMO yes we will be in debt for the foreseeable future unless a mega rich saudi buys the club.

11Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote: 

IMO yes we will be in debt for the foreseeable future unless a mega rich saudi buys the club.
They can fcuk right off. The clowns who own City are buying players before they even have a manager. How does that work?

12Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote: 

They can fcuk right off. The clowns who own City are buying players before they even have a manager. How does that work?

They were buying players when they had a manger IMO, though I assure my must have consulted this new manager before making the purchase.

13Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:16

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:

I'm not sure how ours compares to other clubs but I doubt it's much worse to the likes of say Hull or Wolves. 

No I wouldn't say 'much worse' but  'a lot worse'.

Clubs like Bolton can't compete in the Premier League for a length of time without making huge losses.

I expect Leicester and Wigan will be the next ones to follow Portsmouth and Coventry.

Bolton are quite lucky to have Eddie, although promotion will have to be achieved sooner rather than later.

14Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Thu Jun 13 2013, 23:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The owner's taking 5-10% of the accumulated debt annually, so we've lost millions before business activities are brought into it, which in themselves have been pretty messy for years.

15Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Fri Jun 14 2013, 04:07

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Maybe the club should start selling shares

16Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We had the debt when we went in the Prem last time, albeit less. It was stated then that two or three seasons would clear it. Look were we are now. It's a requirement to spend loads of money to acheive, unfortunately the returns are less than the outgoings and thus debt ensues in most cases. Glad it's not my problem but sadly football is eating itself and has been for some time!

17Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wayne
Bin there, done that, got the tshirt! Why buy shares to have them taken from you
for free in five years time? Fuck that!!

18Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Fri Jun 14 2013, 10:51

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

You never know Eddie might win the euros tonight and then write BWFC's debt in kindness.

19Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Fri Jun 14 2013, 11:28

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Auld Eddie has let fools run his club for years.  It's a poor business model to not demand success after making an investments of millions. The club needs to be sold and then heavily promoted on a world wide level.....marketing mostly.  A couple of years ago when we did the USA pre season tour it made the local news casts in those towns.....this pre season who have we got.....Bury or sombody like that....may as well play the Dog & Partridge 11 for all the good that will do.

20Will We Be In Debt Forever? Empty Re: Will We Be In Debt Forever? Fri Jun 14 2013, 13:05

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:Wayne
Bin there, done that, got the tshirt! Why buy shares to have them taken from you
for free in five years time? Fuck that!!
It was a joke SK, I still have mine, very expensive wallpaper now!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum