Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle watch 2013/14

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 01:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ok we all want Wigan to fail badly, and that twat Coyle to drag them downwards, so here's my take on it, he will get them off to a flyer, then in true Coyle fashion by October having played 2 games per week including Euro games, their fitness levels will dwindle, they will get their arses kicked in Europe, then probably finish bottom end of Championship, please leave all Coyle comments in this thread, saving lot's of told you so's in multiple threads.

2Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 06:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he'll get hammered at Wembley , then come up with an excuse about 'we only got beat because it was an elite club'.

He'll take his medicine , roll his sleeves up, and if everybody is at their maximum it'll be a game that they can win.

His aim is getting Wigan Athletic back where they belong and that's the Barclays Premier League.

3Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 08:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the mass exodus of players from Wigan including all 3 recognised strikers, I would have thought his ambition this season would be to keep them in the Championship and start rebuilding as we have had to do.
Wouldn't be surprised if he fielded a reserve team for Euro games.

4Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 12:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sky Sports understands Wigan are poised to sign former West Brom striker Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Fortune is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at the Hawthorns earlier this summer.

Wigan boss Owen Coyle has been busy in the transfer market in the last few weeks and he is close to making Fortune his latest signing at the DW Stadium.

Fortune is understood to have agreed terms on a two-year deal and passed a medical with the Championship side.

The Frenchman scored two goals in 23 appearances for West Brom last season, but Coyle sees him as an ideal replacement for Everton and Newcastle target Arouna Kone.

5Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 12:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

2 goals in 23 appearances you say?.........oh yes he's coyles type of signing alright.

6Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 14:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:2 goals in 23 appearances you say?.........oh yes he's coyles type of signing alright.

He does tend to go for has-beens and I never understand why clubs even consider that as they're likely to be on inflated wages. Should shop around a lot more.
Forest are just looking at Jacob Mulenga who's playing for Utrecht and has scored 32 in 77 for them plus 9 in 39 for Zambia - decent return, and will be relatively cheap.

With loads of championship clubs signing strikers at the minute, I do hope Dougie has another surprise up his sleeve for us.

7Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Fri Jul 05 2013, 22:26

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well he's sorted his backroom staff out.

Sandy ' I'll do all the bullshitting for you while you talk to Gartside' Stewart will be his assistant manager.

There's no place for ex Burnley great Steve Davis though. I bet he feels really down and very silly now.

You should know better Stevie than to shit on your own doorstep and then rub the noses of people who used to sing your name, in it.

8Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Sat Jul 06 2013, 00:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Copper Dragon wrote:Well he's sorted his backroom staff out.

Sandy ' I'll do all the bullshitting for you while you talk to Gartside' Stewart will be his assistant manager.

There's no place for ex Burnley great Steve Davis though. I bet he feels really down and very silly now.

You should know better Stevie than to shit on your own doorstep and then rub the noses of people who used to sing your name, in it.

Well if it wasn't clear before that Coyle hasn't learned from his mistakes then this just proves it.

9Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Sat Jul 06 2013, 00:19

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sandy Stewart has been with him all the way though.

A bit like TinTin and Snowy.

10Coyle watch 2013/14 Empty Re: Coyle watch 2013/14 Sun Jul 07 2013, 18:44

Agreed a fee for Grant Holt apparently, pretty uninspiring signing and not a player Id want us signing but I do think he'll do well in the championship. 

Andre Wisdom may be heading there on loan too another good signing IMO.

Neither do much for Wigans future but for a season (maybe 2 for Holt) but I think they'll be good for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum