Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perfect weather for football.

+2
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perfect weather for football. Empty Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 15:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet we have our break now, and play in the snow and freezing conditions, Wouldn't it be great if football had its break in the winter instead.

We'd all be at the game now.

2Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 16:09

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Interesting thought Scott. I agree with you, I would rather go to a game (not like I go) on a beautiful summer evening with a few drinks afterwards rather than a bloody cold January dark damp afternoon.
But when would the World cups and Euro championships be played?
Also, there is a lot of other good sport on during the summer. Wimbledon, The Open and The Tour De France are superb.

3Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 16:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
But when would the World cups and Euro championships be played?

When its winter, we can stay in and watch it on the telly with a hot wine and a fat one.

4Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 16:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd love to go the reebok on a nice summers afternoon watching us in shorts and tshirt instead of having 20 layers barely able to keep warm, that's why some of the attendances drop during the winter.

I mean I love bolton as much as the next fan but your not telling me a match against the likes of Yeovil on a cold december night will appeal to many people?

5Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 17:14

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

No, hot weather is horrible for football

6Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 17:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JakeSnake wrote:No, hot weather is horrible for football

Go and tell that to Sepp Blatter.

7Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 17:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This weather is the WORST kind for football.

8Perfect weather for football. Empty Re: Perfect weather for football. Sat Jul 06 2013, 18:53

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Its a winter game, man up. Besides what would you do on Boxing Day with no game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum