Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driving

+9
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I reckon I am the best driver on the roads, no course would improve my driving as it is different class.

Your modesty is up there with the best as well.

22Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 18:15

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I did a vip protection driving course,tactical driving for close protection.I was surprised at how much there was to learn and what a vehicle is capable of in the right hands.

23Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 18:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frammywhite wrote:Why? What have they done to annoy you. How do you know they're over 60- are they not more likely to be over 70? And therefore more cautious?
Tbf, over 70 is still over 60

24Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:07

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:Good points SK.

If anyone seriously wants to improve their driving I suggest they think about getting in touch with the Institute of Advanced Motoring (IAM). I was persuaded to take their course by my wife and I'm glad I did. It definitely helped me improve my driving and I have been driving for years.

One of the problems is that most people think they are a good driver, like 90% of people think they have an above average sense of humour, and won't admit that they could improve. So the IAM mostly attracts older drivers like myself who may have acquired a little bit of wisdom as we get older.

Why were you persuaded to take an extra course by your Mrs? You must have been a pretty dodgy driver for someone to suggest that?

25Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:
xmiles wrote:Good points SK.

If anyone seriously wants to improve their driving I suggest they think about getting in touch with the Institute of Advanced Motoring (IAM). I was persuaded to take their course by my wife and I'm glad I did. It definitely helped me improve my driving and I have been driving for years.

One of the problems is that most people think they are a good driver, like 90% of people think they have an above average sense of humour, and won't admit that they could improve. So the IAM mostly attracts older drivers like myself who may have acquired a little bit of wisdom as we get older.

Why were you persuaded to take an extra course by your Mrs? You must have been a pretty dodgy driver for someone to suggest that?

Rising to the fairly obvious bait, no I did it because I had a free observed drive and thought the observer talked a lot of sense about driving technique and skills. There are too many bad drivers on the road and I was happy to learn a few things in order to help me to avoid these idiots.

26Driving - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:52

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mike, have you had any extra training since you passed your test? Do you know why xmiles said brake before the bend not in it?
From what I've seen there's loads of nobheads out there that need retraining!!
By all accounts the speed awareness course is good but I wonder how many digest what they've been told?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum