Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

André Moritz

+11
josh31
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
Culcheth_White
JakeSnake
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 18 2013, 21:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seemed fairly straight forward to me.

I won't lose any sleep over it tbh.

42André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 18 2013, 21:42

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we agreed a deal in principle with Moritz, he arrived at the Reebok today and then left and went back to London without signing a contract, so it looks unlikely he'll be signing.

No doubt we'll be finding out shortly what happened.

43André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 18 2013, 21:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The terms were a one year deal on low wages.

Don't think he'd have been happy with that

44André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 18 2013, 21:49

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote: he arrived at the Reebok today and then left and went back to London

The Reebok isn't that bad.

What was he expecting, the Maracana? Very Happy 

45André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 18 2013, 22:00

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:The terms were a one year deal on low wages.

Don't think he'd have been happy with that
He knew what was on offer before he arrived at the Reebok.

46André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Fri Jul 19 2013, 07:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he doesn't sign it won't be a big loss IMO. Useful "nice to have" player with a sweet left foot rather than a must have.

47André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 11:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've just pulled this from sky sports, maybe he didn't sign for us due to the interest from Celtic?

Andre Moritz was one of the stars of Crystal Palace's promotion campaign last season, but couldn't agree a new deal at Selhurst Park and is available on a free transfer. Sky sources understand he's been offered a trial at Celtic. Bolton are also known to be keen on the Brazilian attacking midfielder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-----------

However the Bolton News have Dougie as saying:-

The door may not be shut on Wanderers’ chances of signing Brazilian play-maker Andre Moritz.

“We brought Andre in for talks and unfortunately it isn’t something we could do right now in terms of wages,” he said.

“He has gone home but he’s a player I really like, he is a free transfer and not under contract with anyone else so I would hope somewhere down the line we could speak again.”

48André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 12:10

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think the main reason why we couldn't agree a deal with Moritz, is because our finances couldn't stretch enough, because Dougie still wants to try and sign Spearing.

If we can get shut of a couple of our squad players, we could still sign Spearing & Moritz.

49André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 13:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm more disappointed with the failure to get rid of the dead wood that Coyle lumbered (no pun intended) us with than the failure to get some of the potential signings like Moritz that have been mentioned.

50André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 13:23

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Moritz would be used as a replacement for Mavies, Moritz can also play out wide, which would be useful as well.

The Daily Star are saying Moritz is going to have a trial at Celtic, but not according to Moritz's twitter account.

[ltr]@andremoritz10[/ltr]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The news in the papers aren't true, I am not gonna trial in Celtic, it is a great club but i am not. Only having my name spoken...

51André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The "dead wood" issue has been on my mind too. Looks like Dougie has put together a cracking development squad, but that won't have any immediate impact, certainly not next season. Either he thinks he can turn these players around or the market value is so low he wouldn't be able to get the players he wants unless he decimates the squad and relies on youngsters.
Still there are some players on decent wages who could be off the books if he put his mind to it, so I suspect it's a conscious decision to keep them whilst the young 'uns like White come through.

52André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 14:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I suspect it might be more a case of nobody wants our dead wood. However if Dougie can turn them round I would be happy.

53André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 14:39

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:I suspect it might be more a case of nobody wants our dead wood. However if Dougie can turn them round I would be happy.

Would that be turn them round and show them the door?

54André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 14:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

observer wrote:
xmiles wrote:I suspect it might be more a case of nobody wants our dead wood. However if Dougie can turn them round I would be happy.

Would that be turn them round and show them the door?

Either way would be good. Laughing 

55André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 14:57

If google is to be believed Keith Andrews is on £20,000 a week, so with Mills on £25,000 and Mears probably close to that we're wasting serious money on 3 poor players.

Even if there was interest they'd each have to take a serious pay cut to leave. I just can't see us shifting them.

56André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 19:58

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:If google is to be believed Keith Andrews is on £20,000 a week, so with Mills on £25,000 and Mears probably close to that we're wasting serious money on 3 poor players.

Even if there was interest they'd each have to take a serious pay cut to leave. I just can't see us shifting them.
I'd say those players wages are pretty accurate, you can add Ream to that list as well.

If we can get rid of a couple of those players, I'd imagine Dougie will be able to bring in some proper quality players on a fraction of their wages.

57André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 20:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The wages are stupid wages for below average players...

58André Moritz - Page 3 Empty Re: André Moritz Thu Jul 25 2013, 20:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The wages are stupid wages for below average players...

And who do we have to thank for that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum