Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rotherham 2-1 Bolton not the best of starts

+13
Norpig
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
observer
josh31
terenceanne
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Born to be a wanderer
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm with you Johnny, complete over-reaction to our FIRST pre-season game. Get a grip!

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

most our first team wasn't playing anyway.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

scottjames30 wrote:Has freedman taken his foot of the gas like Coyle did in his second season ?

They seem to start off ok then stay on the piss after the summer break, we need big Mick to sort this shite out.

Seriously, you want him sacking after a 2-1 loss to Rotherham in a PSF and replaced with Mick Mcarthy?

Has Natasha hacked your account? Very Happy 

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:The tone is set from the beginning.  Although the game doesn't count for much of anything it sets the mentality in the players heads. Our reserves should hammer Rotherham .... first team players should be able to play around this lot blindfolded...... I said the same thing last season...nobody listened then either. It's just the first game.....then it will be just the second game .....etc etc....

Pre season means absolutely nothing, as Dougie has said it's only about fitness. Sorry but you were wrong last season and you're wrong this season.

As Aaron said, Man United lost 1-0 to a Thai team the other day, what do you suppose that means for next season?

Actually I was 100% right last season ..... we were terrible in pre-season followed by a miserable first half of the season were we came close to relegation leading to OC getting sacked .... or did you forget about that?
Of course the result is not important...but the way you approach these games is......apparently they were well on top of us .... not what I want to read in any circumstances.  As for the Utd game .....Utd were parked for 75% of the game in the Thia half of the field....dominanting for the most part.....the result doesn't matter in their case.

As for us it's not panic....just a mild concern that we don't start the same way as last season.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we needed a third thread about this game.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So by that logic if we win our next game by 2 or 3 everything is brilliant and we're going to win the league.

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:The tone is set from the beginning.  Although the game doesn't count for much of anything it sets the mentality in the players heads. Our reserves should hammer Rotherham .... first team players should be able to play around this lot blindfolded...... I said the same thing last season...nobody listened then either. It's just the first game.....then it will be just the second game .....etc etc....

Pre season means absolutely nothing, as Dougie has said it's only about fitness. Sorry but you were wrong last season and you're wrong this season.

As Aaron said, Man United lost 1-0 to a Thai team the other day, what do you suppose that means for next season?

Actually I was 100% right last season ..... we were terrible in pre-season followed by a miserable first half of the season were we came close to relegation leading to OC getting sacked .... or did you forget about that?
Of course the result is not important...but the way you approach these games is......apparently they were well on top of us .... not what I want to read in any circumstances.  As for the Utd game .....Utd were parked for 75% of the game in the Thia half of the field....dominanting for the most part.....the result doesn't matter in their case.

As for us it's not panic....just a mild concern that we don't start the same way as last season.

We finished 6th after a dreadful pre season, explain that then.

You can come up with any links you like but results in pre season mean absolutely nothing in regards to how we'll perform next season. They're used for fitness purposes, the matches have nowhere near the same intensity, the players are as concerned with avoiding injury as they are with winning.

It's like comparing a reserve game to a first team game there's no comparison.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did we ever find out who the mystery trialist was?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I notice that n'gog wasn't included at all and Nixon has said there's been a bid for one of our strikers..

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wandy wrote:Did we ever find out who the mystery trialist was?

His name was trialist, defensive midfielder from Latvia

Boggersbelief wrote:I notice that n'gog wasn't included at all and Nixon has said there's been a bid for one of our strikers..

Has N'gog recovered from the dislocated shoulder?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I notice that n'gog wasn't included at all and Nixon has said there's been a bid for one of our strikers..

Has N'gog recovered from the dislocated shoulder?

Oh aye forgot about that.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Marc Iles said A. Trialist was from Azerbaijan...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Funniest thread ive ever read. Did nobody notice that Andrews, Mills, Mears, all started, because theyve not played a game for 6 months? This kind of game is to get them players up to speed with the rest of the squad. I hope we lose every PSF and then get promoted just to shut the idiots up!

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Keegan wrote:Marc Iles said A. Trialist was from Azerbaijan...

Hardly a trial either, he didnt play!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum