Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman still in the market!

+2
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freedman still in the market! Empty Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 00:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman reveals he is still on the lookout for players to add to his squad ahead of the season opener at Burnley next month.

The Whites played their penultimate pre-season friendly at Carlisle United on Tuesday night, losing 1-0 to the League One side following Lee Miller’s goal in the 13th minute.

Speaking after the game, the Bolton boss explained he was happy to see Jermaine Beckford make his Wanderers bow at Brunton Park.

“It was good to see Jermaine Beckford and Chung-Yong Lee come on in the second half,” said the manager.

“I am currently analysing what we need ahead of the first game against Burnley.

“We are doing our very best to give people opportunities to play and that is what pre-season is all about.

“We went on a fantastic run at the end of the season and three or four players frankly didn’t play for us, so I am giving them opportunities to see if they can take us to the right level. That is what games like tonight are for.

“We are trying to play a certain way, we are trying to play through the middle of the park and that has to be worked on.

“We need the personnel and we are still having a look to see who is available and I am sure we will get there in the end.

“The reason we played against Carlisle tonight is to help the players get fitter, get organised and see if one or two players will help us going forward.

“Chris Eagles is a fantastic footballer, if I play Chris in the number ten position I feel I am taking away his crossing qualities.

“I have to be very mindful what I can take away from Chris rather than put into him and he can play three or four different roles. Chris creates and scores goals and it is somebody I am trying to work the team around and hopefully we can keep on working and getting better.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 01:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doogie is still analysing ...... Sleep

3Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 06:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Doogie is still analysing ...... Sleep
...and I hope he never stops. There's clearly plenty of analysing to be done.

4Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 09:53

How can you moan about this?

5Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's always been in the market, but sadly as always we have to sell, the likes of Mills and others need to be moved on for us to bring in others IMO.

6Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:13

aaron_bwfc wrote:He's always been in the market, but sadly as always we have to sell, the likes of Mills and others need to be moved on for us to bring in others IMO.

That would certainly explain why any rumours of incoming players have gone quiet, Nixon said we're, waiting on calls to ship a few out (or words to that effect) surely Mills is one of them?

7Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:He's always been in the market, but sadly as always we have to sell, the likes of Mills and others need to be moved on for us to bring in others IMO.

That would certainly explain why any rumours of incoming players have gone quiet, Nixon said we're, waiting on calls to ship a few out (or words to that effect) surely Mills is one of them?

Mills would have to take one big pay cut.

8Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:22

No doubt he'll be desperate to 'stay and fight for his place in the side' when nobody else will get close to £25k a week.

9Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:44

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Leeds is the only club to show any interest in Mills, but they want him on loan and apparently only want to pay half of his wages, that he earns at Bolton.

I think Mears is available on loan, but it doesn't look like any club has shown any interest in him either. Shocked

10Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:

How can you moan about this?

If he doesn't know where this team needs help now. When will he know. If he needs a few suggestions ....he can analyse Zat, Ream, Mills, Boggers....start there.

11Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How the fuck did the board end up giving into Mills demands of £25k a week in the same summer we got relegated? And Gartside wonders why we are so much in debt, clueless beyond belief.

12Freedman still in the market! Empty Re: Freedman still in the market! Wed Jul 24 2013, 13:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I think Leeds is the only club to show any interest in Mills, but they want him on loan and apparently only want to pay half of his wages, that he earns at Bolton.
Leeds new chairman saying that the plan is to get into the prem this season or next so they're ambitious it would seem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum