Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most Embarrassing Reason For Missing A Game

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread is inspired by Norpig who scheduled his wedding day for the first game of the 2007/08 season.

So come on, we've all missed home games from time to time, but what is your most embarrassing reason? It will go no further.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i didn't know there was a home game when we booked our wedding! we booked about 18 months in advance

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm missing this years first game as well as i'm on holiday in sunny Scarborough. I really am a shit part-timer! Sorry everyone

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was on a plain home from Kos when our cup semi final with Stoke was kicking off.
I wasn't prepared to cancel the holiday for that shower of shite and what a decision it turned out to be.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I was on a plain home from Kos when our cup semi final with Stoke was kicking off.
I wasn't prepared to cancel the holiday for that shower of shite and what a decision it turned out to be.

You got lucky. If we'd won 5-0 you'd have missed the greatest day in our history all for your love of Greek waiters.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I was on a plain home from Kos when our cup semi final with Stoke was kicking off.

You got lucky. If we'd won 5-0 you'd have missed the greatest day in our history all for your love of Greek waiters.

That was a great day. Loved everything about the build up, the trip to Wembley, the pre-match banter, everything. Then the game started.

Missed a match at Middlesbrough in about 2006. Had coach tickets and match tickets, it was a 1.30 kick off on a Sunday. Turned up to catch the coach to the Riverside stadium a bit worse for wear after a night out, only to find all the coaches had left. All 3 of us had forgotten that it was the start of British summertime, so the clocks had gone forward one hour.

On the plus side didn't have to go to Middlesbrough and we lost 4-3 thanks to a goal deep into injury time.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Too much effort to go to the game. I would rather follow the game from the comfort of my armchair with a bag of M&Ms and a diet coke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum