Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle overpaid for Sordell - Freedman

+5
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
eppyfizz606
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle overpaid for Sordell - Freedman Empty Coyle overpaid for Sordell - Freedman Sat Aug 03 2013, 00:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Stating the bleeding obvious - but nice to see that even Freedman can't keep his mouth shut about it - he must be thanking Owen every day for leaving him with players like Sordell, Mears, Andrews, Mills, Ream, etc and no free wages because of the stupid signings and the thousands we are wasting on them weekly - to bring anybody he really wants now at the crucial time.

Owen you really are a star!

“Marvin needed to play more football, which I agree with, and Charlton gave him the option to do that down in London.”

Freedman refused to criticise the £3.2million striker for failing to settle at Wanderers since his move from Watford on January transfer deadline day 2012.

But asked whether the price tag that accompanied the Team GB international had affected his performances, the Scot admitted that the club did pay over the odds.

“That’s not Marvin’s fault, it’s certainly not my fault or the fans’ fault that we made the decision to pay that sort of money for him,” he said.

“The problem is that he’s worth whatever he’s worth on the day. You buy players on transfer deadlines and their values can certainly increase. Unfortunately that’s what happened to our club.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

eppyfizz606

David Ngog
David Ngog

"You buy players on transfer deadlines and their values can certainly increase. Unfortunately that’s what happened to our club.”

this struck a note with me - and you can see the difference between DF & past few managements - we always used to be late. DF seems to have better scouting of talent or plays Football Manager 

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Coyle paid over the odds for everyone more or less. Ngog, Sordell, Ream, Mills, Mears. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head but I'm sure there will be more

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle wouldn't know a good player if he climbed in the shower with him.

He'll do ok at Wigan this season because Martinez has left him with some good players, but give it a season or so when the team will be full of Coyle signings and Wigan will drop like a stone.

I would normally have sympathy for a player like Sordell as he was never given a decent run in the team, but his attitude was poor and he deserved the abuse he got. The ponce.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The worst thing about the signing was that we desperately needed a midfield replacement for Holden at the time and he blew our whole transfer budget on a striker he clearly had not checked out beforehand.

Thank you Owen.

Clueless fecker.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Coyle is a fucking arsehole.

In 100 years time people will be still talking about the clown.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I actually thought Coyle was going to be an improvement on Megson when Gartside announced he was taking over but it becomes clearer every day just how bad a manager Coyle was. Look at the players he signed on massive wages and the transfer fees he paid. They are so bad and so over paid that we can't get rid of them.

And Leeds Trotter you can add Pratley (on a four year contract) to your list and he resigned Knight and SKD when he could have sold SKD.

Last edited by xmiles on Sat Aug 03 2013, 13:05; edited 1 time in total

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Implying we overpaid for Sordell does neither the player nor the club any favours. Dougie would have done well to avoid the question.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He starts today for Charlton.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he scores should Freedman resign?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief