Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barrymore

+10
Tigermin
bwfc71
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Barrymore Empty Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't you think it's time Michael Barrymore returned to British TV. I'm just watching 'Strike It Rich' on Challenge and what an entertainer he is. The guy makes everything funny.

'Strike It Rich/Lucky' is the best gameshow ever to appear on UK screens, it should definitely be brought back with Barrymore presenting.

So what if a gay man was found floating in his swimming pool, we've all been there and it hasn't hurt our careers has it.

Do you miss Barrymore and will you join my campaign to bring him back?

2Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:21

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He was funny, do you think he could do it again, i am not sure (damaged in the head now).

3Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course he could do it again, the guy is a comedy legend. He may well be a bit crazy, but all the best entertainers are.

4Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He was brilliant in his day but sadly I think he's lost his marbles for him to ever come back on the tv.

Was he ever found guilty of that guy in his pool?

5Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Was he ever found guilty of that guy in his pool?

No, he was innocent of all charges.

6Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Never found him funny to be honest. I do however miss a lot of the old TV programmes and personalities. I was watching Blind Date on youtube a while back and it was brilliant. I watched Big Break on Challenge and it was brilliant. I often watch my favourite ever programme - Beadle's About and find myself rolling about the floor laughing my arse off. I miss programmes like Treasure Hunt, Top of the Pops, sitcoms, Bergerac, etc.
TV is shit nowadays. I remember the days where you could watch BBC1 or ITV from 7pm-9pm most evenings and be entertained. Saturday evening TV used to be superb.
What do we have now? Just a load of shit. Reality shite, singing competitions, cooking shows, antiques shows, DIY shows, etc. FUCK OFF!
It is sad that the generation who are now in charge of TV grew up on classic programmes but are now producing and showing this shower of shite.

7Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you Michael Barrymore, nat?

8Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

And his career went downhill without doing a thing? that's the british media for you.

I'm actually watching it now on challenge, certainly better than most presenters now a days.

9Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 19:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:Never found him funny to be honest. I do however miss a lot of the old TV programmes and personalities. I was watching Blind Date on youtube a while back and it was brilliant. I watched Big Break on Challenge and it was brilliant. I often watch my favourite ever programme - Beadle's About and find myself rolling about the floor laughing my arse off. I miss programmes like Treasure Hunt, Top of the Pops, sitcoms, Bergerac, etc.
TV is shit nowadays. I remember the days where you could watch BBC1 or ITV from 7pm-9pm most evenings and be entertained. Saturday evening TV used to be superb.
What do we have now? Just a load of shit. Reality shite, singing competitions, cooking shows, antiques shows, DIY shows, etc. FUCK OFF!
It is sad that the generation who are now in charge of TV grew up on classic programmes but are now producing and showing this shower of shite.

Big break was awesome.

10Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:Never found him funny to be honest. I do however miss a lot of the old TV programmes and personalities. I was watching Blind Date on youtube a while back and it was brilliant. I watched Big Break on Challenge and it was brilliant. I often watch my favourite ever programme - Beadle's About and find myself rolling about the floor laughing my arse off. I miss programmes like Treasure Hunt, Top of the Pops, sitcoms, Bergerac, etc.
I thought you'd like cooking programmes Mike?

11Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:09

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Soul Kitchen - I can't help but feel you are having a pop at me for being big boned?

12Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Break and Blind Date? Are you a homosexual Michael?

13Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Are you Michael Barrymore, nat?

I can see why you would mix us up, us both being world class entertainers.

14Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to love strike it lucky.

but sadly, seeing Barrymore on Celeb bb he was absolutely shot.

15Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Used to love strike it lucky.

He's recovered. People deserve a second chance.

16Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:26

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

About as funny as having a tooth pulled without anesthetic.

Are you alwight?

Oh eff off you bloody chancer.

17Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:31

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Talking of classic programmes - Treasure Hunt did return on BBC2 for a while and it was rubbish.  Blankety Blank when it was ITV was rubbish, the new Gladiators was rubbish, new Bullseye was rubbish as was new Blockbusters.

Sometimes great programmes ought to be remembered rather than remade as most of the time they will not work again.

The same can be said about presenters - not many can come back from "real-life" trials and tribulations like what Barrymore has been through.

Therefore I think its best they, both classic programmes and long-gone presenters, stay in the past.

Just think how atrocious the new series of Birds Of A Feather is going to be when ITV screen it next year!!!

18Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:37

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:

Just think how atrocious the new series of Birds Of A Feather is going to be when ITV screen it next year!!!

I don't think that it could possibly be any more atrocious than what it was.

19Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 21:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Used to love strike it lucky.

He's recovered. People deserve a second chance.

He'd "recovered" when he was in Big Brother.

He's had his day sadly but i do think he was a good host for the time.

20Barrymore Empty Re: Barrymore Mon Aug 05 2013, 22:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HCopper Dragon wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I don't think that it could possibly be any more atrocious than what it was.
What do you actually like then copper?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum