Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumour Update: Connor Wickham

+9
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
waynagain
Soul Kitchen
terenceanne
Barryjw
Natasha Whittam
JakeSnake
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

According to the Daily Star and a few websites we have asked Sunderland if we can take Connor Wickham on loan. I think he would do well at championship level but we don't need another strikers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Connor Wickham is one of the most over rated players in the history of football. He's been at various clubs over the years and never held down a place.

However, as BWFC is clearly now a place where strikers come to die, I can see why the media have picked up on this.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

A little unkind! Connor Wickham is a 20 year old kid still developing. Seem to remember BSA saying you can never have enough strikers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Seem to remember BSA saying you can never have enough strikers.
He didn't have Ngog.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Connor Wickham is one of the most over rated players in the history of football. He's been at various clubs over the years and never held down a place.

However, as BWFC is clearly now a place where strikers come to die, I can see why the media have picked up on this.
'He's been at various clubs over the years and never held down a place' He left Ipswish when he was 18 having made 60 odd appearances for them, so that's not really true in any sense. 

He's shown some class at this level could be an interesting signing, I'd definitely give it a go.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Surely there must be lad in the Spanish second division or African league who is better than some of these donkeys we seem to get lumbered by.  What are our new scouting team doing exactly. Wickham has not impressed me on the few times I saw him....but I'll give hime the benefit of the doubt for loan purposes.

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The little cameo he played in the FA cup game against Sunderland at the Reebok last season probably created some interest.
I know little of the African leagues but have watched quite a lot of the Spanish lower leagues and there may be rich pickings there. Interesting to see Acuna who we were linked with arrive at Watford. I watched him playing for Girona in April in a top of the table game at Elche. He did little in a poor 0-0 draw in the rain. This is the only time I have seen him play and maybe his performance didn't do him justice

Last edited by Barryjw on Tue Aug 13 2013, 12:39; edited 1 time in total

He looked like he was going to be the next big thing at Ipswich, it hasn't worked out for him at Sunderland, but he's only 20 and certainly shouldn't be written off as a donkey yet. Obviously no idea if there's any truth in it but I'd like to see us give him a go on loan.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Connor Wickham is one of the most over rated players in the history of football. He's been at various clubs over the years and never held down a place.

You like a good moan don't you FFS give it a rest, you show yourself up big style!Very Happy 

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Really only seen him play for the England U21's, he looked better than Sordell, but that's not much of an endorsment.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Connor Wickham isn't coming to Bolton.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Connor Wickham isn't coming to Bolton.
Thank the lord.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think I've ever seen him play... ever.

He's shit though and completely overrated.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't think I've ever seen him play... ever.

He's shit though and completely overrated.
 I've seen him play on a number of occasions thank you very much.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure people have seen him a few times but i can almost guarantee no one on here has seen him enough to pass a judgement such as "shit" "overrated" or the opposite.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How long does it take you to come to a conclusion on a player?

He isn't any better than Tom Eaves.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i agree it's not an exact science is it but i don't think a few games are enough.

for me anyway.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:How long does it take you to come to a conclusion on a player?

Personally I can usually tell just by looking at a photograph, in some instances simply by knowing the name of a player.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He did well with Ipswich but hasn't really settled since his big money move. On a loan deal, why not?

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha your pictures look younger and younger.In fact you look similar to my teenage daughters.If my math is correct you must be 35 plus wear brown tights and have varicose veins.Nothing wrong with my granny has them you write off nearly all Bolton's players loaners ,potential loaners when you are probably past your better days yourself miss Whittam.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum