Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

+11
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Angry Dad
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Michael Bolton
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry, of course it is evolution and life just develops if the conditions are right - things grow and develop. If it wasn't for the giant asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, there would be dinosaurs as the dominant species on Earth. If Jesus is the son of God why did God create dinosaurs?
As we can see other planets don't have the right conditions to support life. Look at the pictures of Mars, nothing grows there, the conditions don't support life. Earth is an amazing planet.
If space never ends then there will be infinite planets with life on them.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:Angry, of course it is evolution and life just develops if the conditions are right - things grow and develop. If it wasn't for the giant asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, there would be dinosaurs as the dominant species on Earth. If Jesus is the son of God why did God create dinosaurs?
As we can see other planets don't have the right conditions to support life. Look at the pictures of Mars, nothing grows there, the conditions don't support life. Earth is an amazing planet.
Yes i get that but where do you think all matter came from? all the material that caused the big bang and so on.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad, there is some serious strange stuff out there in space, huge gas clouds, black holes, planets made out of diamonds, all sorts of crazy shit. It is a little bit beyond me to explain I am afraid.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Angry, of course it is evolution and life just develops if the conditions are right - things grow and develop. If it wasn't for the giant asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs, there would be dinosaurs as the dominant species on Earth. If Jesus is the son of God why did God create dinosaurs?
Yes i get that but where do you think all matter came from? all the material that caused the big bang and so on.
No body knows the answer to that question.

And anyone postulating a "truth" without a single jot of evidence is a complete moron.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

And anyone postulating a "truth" without a single jot of evidence is a complete moron.
Are you calling me a moron?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

If you're telling me you know the answer to that question, yes. Otherwise, no.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

If you're telling me you know the answer to that question, yes. Otherwise, no.
No i do not know the answer, i was just asking MB what his thoughts were about that.

How many times does this thread have to come up. Just one thread for the religion bashing please. It's getting tiresome. Yes I am religious. Like Nat has said it is about faith. You have to be strong to have faith. Mind and body. Hence some of the replies on here.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Religion is all about faith.

It's impossible to explain to someone without faith exactly what faith is, especially those on this site who are mainly bellends.

When I'm living it up in heaven with Rob Earnshaw and you're all in Hell with Wayne Rooney, you'll regret these comments. For eternity.
Calling people bellends is very Christian!!
Whilst I don't believe in fairy tales I find it very difficult to comprehend that somebody who does actually put's themselves higher than the supposedly higher being they believe in! Thick cnut!! Very Happy 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mike
I once asked one "Christian" (and he was a right t**t six days a week) how he knew there was a greater being called God, his reply was it says so in the Bible!
Let's not kid ourselves, it's not just the Muzzies who bury their heads in the sand!!

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:How many times does this thread have to come up. Just one thread for the religion bashing please. It's getting tiresome. Yes I am religious. Like Nat has said it is about faith. You have to be strong to have faith. Mind and body.  Hence some of the replies on here.
Shut up you knob. 
If you have a problem come and meet me in the Reebok car park for a sort out.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:How many times does this thread have to come up. Just one thread for the religion bashing please. It's getting tiresome. Yes I am religious. Like Nat has said it is about faith. You have to be strong to have faith. Mind and body.  Hence some of the replies on here.
The only problem Y2 is Nat is taking the slash!!
No offence mean't, it's not my bag and I know and have known some right rswipes who worship at the font every Sunday, just as I have known some nice people who do likewise. I find the cnuts use it to cleanse their guilt!!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mike settle down lad!!Very Happy 

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You might have a "faith" but you don't know anything i don't.

Because you're not special.

and that is a scientific fact.

Did I once say I was special. No. Did I say I know something you don't. No. I have a belief. I chose to believe what I do. And people like hipster and Michael Bolton who revert to getting personal to try and prove a point are pathetic.

I too don't like those people Soul kitchen. Mob bosses, gangsters, rappers who think they can do what they want and then repent on their death bed.

And Michael. .....I live in weaste in salford pal. Anytime. Only difference is im not a keyboard warrior. So be very careful

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Did I once say I was special. No. Did I say I know something you don't. No. I have a belief. I chose to believe what I do.  And people like hipster and Michael Bolton who revert to getting personal to try and prove a point are pathetic.

I too don't like those people Soul kitchen. Mob bosses,  gangsters, rappers who think they can do what they want and then repent on their death bed.

And Michael. .....I live in weaste in salford pal. Anytime. Only difference is im not a keyboard warrior. So be very careful
johnny, you live in Salford? Shit sorry man, I take it all back, I couldn't handle someone from Salford.
You prat. Just watch yourself or I may be forced to drive over to Salford with one of my suitcases.

Michael Bolton wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Did I once say I was special. No. Did I say I know something you don't. No. I have a belief. I chose to believe what I do.  And people like hipster and Michael Bolton who revert to getting personal to try and prove a point are pathetic.

I too don't like those people Soul kitchen. Mob bosses,  gangsters, rappers who think they can do what they want and then repent on their death bed.

johnny, you live in Salford? Shit sorry man, I take it all back, I couldn't handle someone from Salford.
You prat. Just watch yourself or I may be forced to drive over to Salford with one of my suitcases.
 anytime.  Ill pm you my address and mobile number now if you like big man.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sorry mate, but if you can't handle a few questions and observations about the validity of faith based belief it's clearly not a very strong faith is it.

It's not personal to say you're not special (and i mean that in terms of the human race btw) and It's certainly not personal to say you don't know anything i don't (in terms of human existence.

clearly this is a touchy subject.

Sorry hipster. The personal comments where directed at our chelsea supporting friend. With you I was just trying to clarify I don't hold my self in higher regard than anyone. All live under the same sky. And although I'm Catholic I've also studied other faiths and friends who believe in other faiths and people who don't at all.  I can hold a reasonable debate I just don't like personal comments coming into it (m Bolton) and not being understood

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:Sorry hipster. The personal comments where directed at our chelsea supporting friend. With you I was just trying to clarify I don't hold my self in higher regard than anyone. All live under the same sky. And although I'm Catholic I've also studied other faiths and friends who believe in other faiths and people who don't at all.  I can hold a reasonable debate I just don't like personal comments coming into it (m Bolton) and not being understood
 Y2- I'm Catholic also- have been all my life and always will be. As you say -it's a matter of faith and not evidence. I wouldn't normally get into a debate like this as the very nature of it is facile. Religious believers are less intelligent than atheists- it's a nonsensical statement that like belief, can't be evidenced in any objective way. I know people who are hugely intelligent and who are believers- and equally intelligent people who aren't. I know lots of believers who are first class shits and also non believers who are equally the same.
Saying atheists are more intelligent is simply an assertion that can't be proved. Take two Oxbridge professors- presumably both highly intelligent and both scientists. Stephen Hawkings doesn't believe. John Polkinghorne does.
Christianity is the last legitimate prejudice -you just have to live with it and the personal insults and sneering that goes with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum