Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nat Lofthouse's Statue

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nat Lofthouse's Statue Empty Nat Lofthouse's Statue Fri Aug 16 2013, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

THE son of Nat Lofthouse will be among the honoured guests when a bronze statue of the Whites legend is officially unveiled next weekend.

The monument will be revealed in a special ceremony due to take place at the Reebok Stadium ahead of the Wanderers’ clash with Queen’s Park Rangers next Saturday, August 24.

The £100,000 statue is based on a photograph of Nat carrying a ball onto the pitch and has been constructed in time for the striker’s 88th birthday, which will be celebrated on Wednesday, August 27.

On the day the club wants fans to gather at the statue for 10.30am, with the unveiling ceremony due to begin 15 minutes later.

Club chaplain Phil Mason will host the morning’s proceedings and Whites chairman Phil Gartside and the sculptor Sean Hedges-Quinn will speak before club owner Eddie Davies unveils the statue.

There will also be a few words from Nat’s son Jeff and a dedication by Canon Alan Wolstenscroft who took part in Nat’s funeral service following his death in January 2011.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mr Mason said: “It's been a long journey to get to this point but we are now counting down the days to the big unveiling.

“I hope the people of Bolton come and share in this significant moment in the club and the town’s history to celebrate this great man.”

The campaign to build the statue was launched in January last year and more than £35,000 has been raised by Whites fans.

The rest was raised from corporate sponsorship, with some sponsorship opportunities still available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Aug 16 2013, 14:14; edited 1 time in total

2Nat Lofthouse's Statue Empty Re: Nat Lofthouse's Statue Fri Aug 16 2013, 14:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait , hope it looks good.

3Nat Lofthouse's Statue Empty Re: Nat Lofthouse's Statue Fri Aug 16 2013, 19:40

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It should be a great focal point and a monument to our greatest player.
I hope you can touch the toe cap on his boot so that it becomes polished and  something that all BWFC fans do to connect.
I'll wait till I see it close up, but from the picture in the Bolton News it looks more like Neil Diamond than Nat!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum