Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie: ''The players from about the 66th minute never gave in''

+7
chipbutty
rammywhite
doffcocker
scottjames30
kennster
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Yet another manager who fails to bollock the players after getting torn a new arse away from home, instead he wants to move on:-

-----

“We didn’t give ourselves the chance to play because of the first ten minutes and the sending off,” said the manager.

“We made it difficult for ourselves with having a man sent off and we found ourselves with an uphill battle.

“The players from about the 66th minute never gave in and kept on trying to do the right thing. It is Nottingham Forest’s day and we now have to move on.

“David Ngog wasn’t feeling to well yesterday, again that was very disappointing but it happens. We have got a decent group of players but if we pick up one or two injuries we are going to find ourselves short.

“But that wasn’t the case today, the case was if we don’t come to places like Nottingham Forest and start properly then we will face an uphill battle.

“It was always going to be a difficult five or six opening league games because of the teams we are coming up against.

“We have to realise as a football club where we are. When players get injured, it is difficult and we are forced to play one or two younger players.

“The signs that we saw against Reading, we looked like we could have won that game. We can’t get too carried away with how disappointed we are today."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where do I start with that?

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Off to B&Q.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman wrote:David Ngog wasn’t feeling too well yesterday
Why am I not surprised, what an absolute ponce. Can you imagine Lofthouse, McGinlay, Taggart or SKD ever pulling out because they felt a little unwell.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Dougie really spouted all that shite I am embarrassed for him.

He blames injuries, fixtures and young players - clearly another manager who thinks he is perfect.

FUCK OFF FREEDMAN.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Taggart would have gone to the soft bastards house and kicked the fuck out of him i'd imagine.

It's a very, very poor interview from Dougie.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog wasn't feeling too well yesterday :rofl: 

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was an unmitigated disaster of a performance. I got it wrong and we have to improve. Cut the crap Freedman, and leave it at that.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:Ngog wasn't feeling too well yesterday :rofl: 
I don't feel too well now after that performance. I think I'll take a few days off work.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think I need a lie in.

Just put this weeks £20,000 under the door.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You could have Pele up front it would make no diference.... no service, no creativity in midfield and no decent wing play.  This lad Medo is an accident waiting to happen IMO ..... a few red cards are in his future.....   Pratts was our best player up getting sent off.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't be arsed Freedman , I don't feel so good, can I go to first aid and sit there for half an hour, I feel weak all over and not up to the game.

I'll be fine next week, do I get sick pay ?

terenceanne wrote:You could have Pele up front it would make no diference.... no service, no creativity in midfield and no decent wing play.  This lad Medo is an accident waiting to happen IMO ..... a few red cards are in his future.....   Pratts was our best player up getting sent off.
Agree with most of that, apart from Medo I thought he was our best player today and I love the way he plays football.

You're right about the creativity being the problem though, we're not creating clear cut chances, we never get balls in behind for wingers to run on to. It needs addressing.

Apart from the N'gog part, I don't know what you're all moaning about. 

The parts about injuries and youngsters sounds like a plea to the board to bring more in to me.

Other than that everything is the truth, the fact he hasn't come out and said 'the players were shit today' doesn't mean he isn't telling them behind closed doors.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Apart from the N'gog part, I don't know what you're all moaning about. 

The parts about injuries and youngsters sounds like a plea to the board to bring more in to me.

Other than that everything is the truth, the fact he hasn't come out and said 'the players were shit today' doesn't mean he isn't telling them behind closed doors.
We've been here before though. No one expects him to say the players were shit, but when we get stuffed and play shite he needs to acknowledge that fact. You cannot take positives from every game.

As a fan I want to see that Dougie has seen the problems and will be working hard during the week to address them, not blaming fixtures or injuries for a pitiful performance. Surely you get that?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The one thing that annoys me is he just seems to shrug off one of the performances I have ever listened to, whether it was that bad for those who went and watched it i'm not sure but it couldn't have been much better.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Aaron your lucky you didn't watch the stream, it was forced torcher. How he can take a positive out if the game is a mystery.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've only just picked up on this statement but how much of a kick in the bollocks would it be for the likes of Odelusi and Eaves if they heard this:-

''When players get injured, it is difficult and we are forced to play one or two younger players.'' - In other words the youngsters he has at his disposal are not good enough, yet he goes on week in week out on how much he wants to give the young lads a chance...

aaron_bwfc wrote:I've only just picked up on this statement but how much of a kick in the bollocks would it be for the likes of Odelusi and Eaves if they heard this:-

''When players get injured, it is difficult and we are forced to play one or two younger players.'' - In other words the youngsters he has at his disposal are not good enough, yet he goes on week in week out on how much he wants to give the young lads a chance...
Sounds more like a plea to the board to me, making it obvious we need reinforcements.

He's given Eaves the chance of a career at the club after it looked dead under Coyle, Odelusi ran straight to him after he scored against Shrewsbury and has thanked him for his chance. Although I see what you mean about this, I do think he's trying to get youth through.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If the manager can't show any passion, how can he expect the players to show any? Instead of praising the players for not 'giving' up once Forest had the game in the bag and had taken their foot of the gas, he should have been saying we didn't show up for the first two thirds of the game and we can't continue to give games away if we are to be competetive. This is the third game where the team has not competed for the whole 90 minutes.
Looks like Colin Todd could be his scrptwriter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum