Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 QPR

+17
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
jayjay23
Spillthebeans
wanderlust
Lofty_Love
Bernard Dennis Park
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Born to be a wanderer
xmiles
bwfc71
Quent
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 15:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster, well done, you called it right for Pratley today

42Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 15:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would keep Klasnic as the 'impact' super sub, for the lat 20 minutes or so, as Ngog had an excellent first hour or so, but then went a bit quiet. Good to see Mavies more involved, he made a massive difference. Good win !

43Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 16:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 17:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'd bring in John McGinlay for the last 11 games. I guarantee you we'd stay up. Imagine the buzz around the place - the Reebok would be full and the crowd as vocal as they've ever been.

I know the bit about the cheesy Wotsit was tongue-in-cheek.

But ditching Coyle for McGinlay and suggesting this would fill the Reebok is possibly the stupidest thing I've seen you write about BWFC, Nat. Do you actually know anything about football?

45Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 17:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I know the bit about the cheesy Wotsit was tongue-in-cheek.

But ditching Coyle for McGinlay and suggesting this would fill the Reebok is possibly the stupidest thing I've seen you write about BWFC, Nat. Do you actually know anything about football?

If John McGinlay was manager I guarantee you a full house against Blackburn. Anyone who think otherwise is a cheesy wotsit.

46Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 17:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An absolutely fucking awful performance. Soft in the tackle, headless chickens at the back, toothless upfront. BUT!!! But we fucking won thanks to Klasnic, the ONLY player we have who will win us games.

But we are shite, utter shite. We will finish second bottom, mark my words.

47Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 18:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic took his chance well but he wasn't the reason we won.
We won because the ref played a blinder and for 9 whole minutes, OC was brave enough to go 442 with both Klasnic and Ngog on the park - during which time we scored.
Understandably, he withdrew Ngog at the death to close up shop.

Fact is we just aren't good enough at the back to play 442 for any period of time. Sure it increases our chances of scoring but it also increases our chance of conceding. But in the position we're in, the only thing that matters is the result.

48Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 18:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fair play to Coyle - I'm the first to complain about his non footballing brain but he went with Pratley as more attacking than Muamba - which worked for him, he put on Klasnic to go for the win - which worked for him - then he closed the game down by bringing on Muamba - which again worked for him.

The closing the game down with Muamba was the most interesting bit for me - normally he would have been trying to get a third goal instead!

Is he finally learning?

49Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 18:40

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coyle did very well today.

50Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 18:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Miyaichi, Mark Davies and Klasnic all looked a class above the rest of our players today.

51Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 18:45

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wheater played a stormer, made a lot of important blocks and calmly recovered that massive mistake by Ream.

52Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 19:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just hope we're good enough to get something at Villa, beat Rovers and do Wolves away.
Wolves are in freefall at the moment so let's hope we get some confidence from the next two and they get hammered between now and then.
Rovers are on the up though - and with Villa grabbing a late late winner it really is looking like the any 3 from 5 the pundits have been talking about so we need quite a few more big performances now.

53Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 19:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forgot about the Spuds cup match.

54Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 20:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I thought we were very average today, Miyachi didn't impress me at all to be honeat and I honestly believe if that 1st goal had stood we would be moaning about losing another game against a team around us.

Thank fuck for Klasnic, the only striker on our books who only wants to shoot, Ngog is good holding it up but we need goal and sadly Ngog doesn't have them in him at the moment.

Sorry I know we won but I think there was more to be annoyed about than happy after today.

55Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 20:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a big fan of Ngog, he has that Anelka tendency to make his run out wide, where as Klasnic is always straight through the middle.

56Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 20:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Sorry I know we won but I think there was more to be annoyed about than happy after today.

Agreed. It reminded me of the Wolves match. One crap side up against another, creating very little between them. The only difference was we created one great chance thanks to some poor marking, which Klasnic finished off brilliantly.

Having said that, that's probably the most we can hope for from the rest of the season - to merely scrape results even against the poorest of oppositions, and the other 4 teams down there are equally poor, so it's anybody's guess who will go down.

57Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sat 10 Mar - 21:25

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We were poor today but won. Just like in the opening day. It was followed by heads up our own bums performances for the next 5 weeks. My fear is that the win will once again paper over the cracks long enough to see us lose 4 or 5 more games on the trot by going with the attitude that alls well that ends well. Anyone follow that?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

58Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sun 11 Mar - 8:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One thing I did notice about the game yesterday is the inability of both teams to hold onto the ball. Is this the future of football? It seems the modern professional can't control a ball without three attempts and can only pass to a team-mate if the pass goes backwards. As for crossing and shooting - a dieing art?

59Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 QPR Sun 11 Mar - 8:52

i really enjoyed the game, and i'm in love with klasnic.

60Bolton 2-1 QPR - Page 3 Empty QPR VS bolton Sun 11 Mar - 8:55

The goals by bolton where good and i loved the game Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum