Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who are they?

+12
kennster
wanderlust
Whitesince63
waynagain
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who are they? Empty Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 19:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm guessing most of us can guess who a couple of the players are that Dougie would like to get shut off but just out of curiosity who are the top 4 players you think he is trying to offload?

1. Matt Mills
2. Chungy
3. Mears
4. Ngog

2Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 19:36

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wouldn't disagree with 3 out of those four, I don't know why Lee is on the list personally, he doesn't hide even if he hasn't played that well.

3Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 19:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt mills
Tyrone mears
Zat knight

Ngog is his favourite striker.

4Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 19:47

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mills
Ream
Mears
N'Gog

5Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 20:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boggersbelief wrote:Matt mills
Tyrone mears
Zat knight

Ngog is his favourite striker.
I agree, and if he isn't trying to get rid of Knight he bloody well should be!

One of the most annoying things about this is that Coyle who landed us with such a wealth of talent hasn't been interested in a single one of them. Thanks Owen you useless bastard..

6Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 20:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Ngog played well today, thought lee did too.

Spearing gives 100% even though i don't think he's much of a talent.

Medo looks like he's coasting to me, he has talent but I'm not sure he's bothered about the fight. Would rather see Josh Vela.

Knight and Wheater were at sixes and sevens today, Mears wasn't much better. That lad they had on the wing absolutely shat on us today, can't mind his name. King maybe.

Everytime we had a little spell of good football it was completely fucked by a mistake at the back, every bit of momentum was ruined. We've been doing this for years now.

7Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 20:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm guessing most of us can guess who a couple of the players are that Dougie would like to get shut off but just out of curiosity who are the top 4 players you think he is trying to offload?
To be honest I'm a bit stumped!

I know who I would like to get shut of but which Freedman would - considering what he said in his post match interview is a bit of a mystery to me.

He's tried to move Mills on (to Leeds) and he didn't feature today - so he's an obvious contender but who else?

Ream as been sort of linked to Bristol City but there doesn't seem to be any other interest (the Boro link was apparently not true) and he did really well the last time he played in front of the back four - but he didn't play today because he was injured - so I guess he probably is another on the way out but who else?

Mears did play today and certainly wasn't the worse player in our defence but he only played because I believe Tierney wasn't full match fit.

Mears probably is one Freedman wants out - but who will take him?

So who else in today’s game would Freedman want out?

Pratley up to this game as been our player of the season.

I can't see it being Knight - why bother keep picking him and making him captain if he wanted him out?

Freeman seems to think Ngog is our best striker (why he does is beyond me?) so I doubt it will be him either.

He brought in Baptiste, Medo, Spearing and Beckford - so it’s not them.

He rates Bogdan, so that only leaves Wheater and Lee - does he mean them?

If so why give Wheater a contract extension to 2016 last month (July)

I think we've missed the boat with Lee and should have taken the money from Swansea when they were sniffing around Lee last summer.

Eagles seems to be our best player when fit (Spearing apart) and the other subs who played today, Davies and Moritz - were brought in by Freedman - so who the fuck apart from Mears who only played today due to injury to another player - is Freedman pointing the finger at???

I think he definitely wants two out - Mills and Mears, he probably would be happy to see Ream go - but unless he suddenly changed his mind on a player he's given a contract keeping him at the club for another 3 years a couple of week ago, a player he's just made club captain, a player he says is our best forward, or a player who he said is the best keeper in the division - I can't see who else he wants out.

I'm wondering of he's suddenly realised he's fucked up on his assessment of one or more of Wheater, Knight, Ngog and Bogdan – or if he now as second thoughts about some of the players he’s brought in – Beckford, Baptiste??

8Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 21:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good post Sluffy, I was thinking amongst similar lines when I started the thread.

I put Lee down as I simply don't think his heart is with the club, not once has Dougie ever praised or singled him out for any sort of praise since he arrived, considering he is supposed to be a similar type of player of Eagles I am surprised by that.

After seeing Wheater and Knight arguing like a couple of old women on the pitch today I reckon he has had second thoughts on one or if not both of them.

9Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sat Aug 31 2013, 21:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only 4? The whole squad is ultra shite and Spearing apart, no one appears to give a shite either.

The biggest mistake Coyle made, and Freedman has continued, is signing players with no heart or desire.

The first question when looking at a player is "does he have balls?".

10Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 01:53

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The sad thing is it will be hard to get rid of any dead weight with only two days to go and any player who does come at this point would be a 'panic buy'.

11Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 08:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Never mind who should Dougie get rid of it's him that's the problem. Get shut and let JP and LSL sort the mess out. Could not possibly do any worse and the longer this idiot and his collection of clowns and geriatrics is here the worse it will get. And Dougie when you do go will you please take Knight and Slimside with you?

12Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 10:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More sentimental nonsense.

We had the same problem with Coyle.

The only reason people keep bringing up JP is because of his ties to the club.

It's the same reason people have turned on DF after 5 games and a 7th place finish.

If DF was a club "legend" who scored a few goals he'd have more backing.

13Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If DF was a club "legend" who scored a few goals he'd have more backing.
Freedman is being judged on results this season - like it or not football is all about the here and now.

14Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know... but if he was a club "legend" the fans would be more forgiving.

which was my point.

You need only look at some fans desire to put JP in charge on the basis of..... and then turn around and say Freedman hasn't got "enuf" experience.

laughable really, but thats probably why Phil Browns name still comes up.

15Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want another ex-Bolton player, I want a solid candidate with experience of getting teams out of the Championship (perhaps I should be saying keeping them in the Championship with this squad).

In reality I'd normally say it's ridiculous to be talking about sacking a manager after 5 games, but these 5 games have shown that Freedman really doesn't have any idea what he is doing. Too negative, too loyal to out of form players, too many poor purchases, and by his own admission, a lack of effort on the pitch.

If I could see there was a plan I wouldn't be so vigorous in my condemnation of him. Sammy Lee had a similar poor start but he had a plan - he wanted to move away from longball shite to a passing game. Ok, he tried to phase the passing in too quickly, but he probably deserved more time. Dougie has done nothing to suggest we should suffer this shite any longer.

16Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 12:05

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The thing is, if any of the players he is talking about are playing every week, then Freedman is just as bad for picking them. If he feels they are not committed to the team why wait until 2 days before the window closes to say or do something.

17Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I thought Ngog played well today, thought lee did too.

Spearing gives 100% even though i don't think he's much of a talent.

Medo looks like he's coasting to me, he has talent but I'm not sure he's bothered about the fight. Would rather see Josh Vela.

Knight and Wheater were at sixes and sevens today, Mears wasn't much better. That lad they had on the wing absolutely shat on us today, can't mind his name. King maybe.

Everytime we had a little spell of good football it was completely fucked by a mistake at the back, every bit of momentum was ruined. We've been doing this for years now.

I agree with most of this Hipster and would add the ff:
Managers like Ngog because he works his socks off and most of the time has decent control and distribution. Fans are divided about him as he has "Elmander syndrome" i.e. he's not really a striker, but has been hyped as one so they expect lots of goals which he'll never deliver. Still, compared to some of the possession-wasters in midfield he's an asset.

Lee has been recast as a midfield terrier this season - with mixed results. Yesterday, he did well and he and Ngog were the only ones getting stuck in.

Spearing worked hard, but didn't have much impact.
Medo was disappointing and doesn't seem willing to do the water carrying. Unless his workrate goes up, he's a bit of a luxury.

I think the problem at the back (apart from the well-documented limited mobility of the CBs) is the system - it's narrow and in all our matches to date, the opposition have had a field day attacking from wide positions. Their FBs are romping forward and nobody is cutting the supply off at source.
Marcos Alonso eventually worked this out when he was here because he pushed them back and added to our attack. I reckon White will do the same when Dougie is ready to play him. With this system, our beleaguered defence is having to deal with strikers, wingers, FBs and midfield runners and it's too much for them.

We could get away having carthorses for CBs but only if the midfield workrate goes up a couple of gears and we bring overlapping FBs into play.

18Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A carthorse would be a massive improvement on Knight.

19Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We want rid of knight ngog and mills says Nixon. Surely a new captain should be chosen before the Leeds game!

20Who are they? Empty Re: Who are they? Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wheater would be a good skipper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum