Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy?

+6
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
Norpig
Culcheth_White
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 13:54

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Waynagain knows a lot about a little.
I guess that means I then know more than you and bwfc1874 combined.

22Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 13:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Too true wander and to make matters worse he'll probably send ours out on loan again to score goals for someone else!! I don't expect any in's today and despite DF constantly telling us how much he hates loans no doubt that's all we'll get. The mind boggles.

23Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 15:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Too true wander and to make matters worse he'll probably send ours out on loan again to score goals for someone else!! I don't expect any in's today and despite DF constantly telling us how much he hates loans no doubt that's all we'll get. The mind boggles.
I think it all boils down to finances available. This season we are on the last of our parachute money so the board are probably cautious and wary about splashing out a la Megson and Coyle.

24Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 15:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Too true wander and to make matters worse he'll probably send ours out on loan again to score goals for someone else!! I don't expect any in's today and despite DF constantly telling us how much he hates loans no doubt that's all we'll get. The mind boggles.
I think it all boils down to finances available. This season we are on the last of our parachute money so the board are probably cautious and wary about splashing out a la Megson and Coyle.
It lasts for four seasons these days - so another two years to come after this - although I think the payments are front loaded - meaning we get less each year - something like that anyway.

I think the problem we have is that the parachute money spent contributes to our FFP calculation - so we have to show a similar amount of revenue into the club to balance things out.

As we get nothing like the Sky money we had in the Premier - it is all based around Season Ticket and merchandise sales and sponsorship we get - hence the big hoo-ha over Quick Quids half a million and Bolton Institute of Technology's couple of beer mats and a pen which reveals a lady in her underwear when you start to write with it - as a replacement income stream.

As the Zat Knight Captain arm bans aren't selling like the hot-cakes the club thought they might (what other reason can you think of why they made him captain then? Well?), we are basically stopped from spending until we get Coyle's galacticos off our wage bill.

So we seem to have found ourselves in the ludicrous position of actually having a little bit of money to spend but we get financially penalised if we do!

Only at Bolton, eh!

25Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 18:03

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wolves are getting 16 millionpounds in 'parachute money' this season.

If we can't spend it on players it should be applied to the debt. If, as reported, Bolton are paying 5% interest on their debts, this would save at least 75,000 a year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum