Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ream v Medo

+3
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ream v Medo Empty Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was happy to see Tim Ream given the midfield role again. Did a decent job and hopefully Medo (who deserved to be dropped for his lack of running and lazy passing) will take that as a sign to start putting a damn sight more effort and concentration in.

With luck, Dougie will realise that there advantages in rotating the squad - not all at once, but enough to stop complacency and give all squad members hope.

Based on the principle "if you're good enough, you're old enough" would you be in favour of giving White a run at FB or Bolger a run at CB?

2Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Medo isn't good enough. Too lightweight, too stupid in the tackle, and worst of all, can't pass to save his life.

Ream showed yesterday he can pass, he should be given a run in central midfield.

3Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ream by a mile, I wasn't too sure when he was given a starting spot the other week after how he did in that position under Coyle but I take my hat off to the lad he was outstanding yesterday.

Their was one pass that he made in the first half which cut through the leeds team like a knife through butter, probably the best pass I have seen at the reebok in a long time...sadly Tierney wasted it as usual.

4Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 12:14

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ream has had a couple of excellent games as a defensive midfielder but does seem to get a bit of a nose bleed when he crosses the half way line. Medo is probably the more effective of the two in the forward position.

5Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 15:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think Ream does anything that Spearing and Medo don't, and he doesn't have the same energy or attacking ability that they have.

6Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 15:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If anyone deserves to be dropped then its spearing.

Try ream & medo, I've always had faith in Tim, I think it's just nerves he has to conquer

7Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 16:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well going on what i saw I thought Ream has a better eye for the ball.

but Medo is tough in the tackle and is a ball winner.

One thing you get with Spearing is effort, and not much else.

Spearing is btw the one player the fans were desperate, desperate for us to sign. So it wouldn't surprise me to see him turned on in the worst way very soon.

8Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I don't think Ream does anything that Spearing and Medo don't, and he doesn't have the same energy or attacking ability that they have.
The WUMmed becomes the WUM.

9Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I don't think Ream does anything that Spearing and Medo don't, and he doesn't have the same energy or attacking ability that they have.
The WUMmed becomes the WUM.
You're just siding with him because he wasn't a Freedman signing and isn't currently one of the usual suspects.

I seriously don't see why people are so encouraged by him. He's twice been one of the best of a diabolical bunch. That's all there is to it, for me.

10Ream v Medo Empty Re: Ream v Medo Sun Sep 15 2013, 17:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well going back to his performances in the prem, i thought he showed he had the ability to pass the ball into feet, and the right pass at that.

I've not really seen Medo or Spearing do anything but look sideways. Not saying they're not alright players i think they are but they're limited.

Ream isn't brilliant or anything but i just think there's more upside to him that to a spearing or a Medo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum