Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Whites sign Danns.

+13
Hip Priest
Whitesince63
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
karlypants
Keegan
scottjames30
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Wed Sep 25 2013, 22:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It just seems to strengthen the idea of how stubborn DF is on the 4-5-1 formation by bringing in another player to sit behind the loan striker instead of trying 2 strikers up front.

42Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Wed Sep 25 2013, 22:26

It's simply not true that Dougie's too stubborn to change formation, he just plays whatever he thinks best for the opposition we're going to play. We've played 442 multiple times this season.

The problem is we don't play either very well at the moment. Maybe Danns is being brought in to cover for the Moritz injury? Either way, we need to bring in a defender and a striker ASAP. Danns isn't enough.

43Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Wed Sep 25 2013, 22:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Unbelievable signing, can't wait for Saturday now, 6-0 to the Whites at least. Another master stroke signing for Dougie.

44Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Wed Sep 25 2013, 23:03

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If he's still as good as he looks on that youtube video Leicester wouldn't be loaning him to us. Must be just returning from a serious long term injury or be about 6 stones overweight and totally out of condition (or all 3 of the above).

45Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Wed Sep 25 2013, 23:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't really think he is a bad signing, by the way - I just didn't want to feel left out of the customary abuse new signings get.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

46Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 08:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beggars can't be choosers.
Or are we actually loaded?

47Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 08:29

You're right Lust and we do need cover with Moritz being out, plus he may bring an improved attitude to the squad.

I do think there are far more pressing positions DF needs to fill though.

48Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 10:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't we all 74!

Although it does bring up the old debate about whether or not having a harder working midfield would reduce pressure on the defence and create more in attack. With our budget, we're not in the market for the quality of midfielder that can make that difference though - so maybe it is a waste of money? Time will tell.

49Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 10:22

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is why I decided to support Chelsea. We signed Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Eto'o and Willian. You have signed Mark Tierney and Neil Danns.
Enjoy.

50Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 10:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

BREAKING NEWS: Bolton Wanderers have completed the loan signing of Neil Danns from Leicester City on a three month deal.

The 30-year-old midfielder will be available for selection against Yeovil Town this weekend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

51Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You're right Lust and we do need cover with Moritz being out, plus he may bring an improved attitude to the squad.

Do we really need cover for a player who has never played?

That's like saying I need to take out travel insurance even though I'm not going on holiday.

52Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 11:23

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We are now a joke club! I'm fed up of the crap we keep getting served up on the pitch and off it! DF can go fuck himself I don't give a shit anymore

53Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Thu Sep 26 2013, 18:31

Natasha Whittam wrote:Do we really need cover for a player who has never played?

That's like saying I need to take out travel insurance even though I'm not going on holiday.
Fair point, it's not the first signing I'd have made. But we're one shorter in midfield because of the injury so I assume that's at least part of the logic behind it.

54Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Fri Sep 27 2013, 07:50

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If he has been brought in as a direct replacement for El Prat then he gets a yes vote from me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55Official: Whites sign Danns.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Whites sign Danns. Fri Sep 27 2013, 08:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully our midfielders will react to this and start putting a shift in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum