Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Palace in talks with a Dubai consortium

+7
gloswhite
scottjames30
Born to be a wanderer
wanderlust
JAH
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As per the link it seems that Palace have gone out and selling the club to gain investment/owners so they can promote the club and give themselves space and money to expand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This now begs the question as to why Eddie Davies, who has in the past expressed his desire to sell for the right reasons, has never gone out there to sell the club as a going concern whether for investment purposes or to sell outright.

Does anyone at the club know actually how to sell Bolton Wanderers as can investment for the club, football, future and possibly money?

As it is we have the same owner who is doing anything possible to keep funding the club whether its through his own personal finances or through investment via Caribbean investment companies - but that is only finite and it does seem we are soon reaching that limit. We are spiralling downwards quickly and don't have the money to invest and we cannot sell our rubbish players because they are exactly that - rubbish and other teams know it!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

London clubs will always have the advantage when it comes to selling.

but if rumours are to be believed we've been sold to "one of the richest men in the world" already.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The club isn't being touted around as that would mean Gartside would be out of a job! Why would he promote the club to sell it knowing the new owner would can him!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:The club isn't being touted around as that would mean Gartside would be out of a job! Why would he promote the club to sell it knowing the new owner would can him!
Any investor would look at the potential for development and TBF ours is not so great given that we are completely surrounded by other clubs in the heartland of footie.
If we could fill the Reebok every week it would be a start, but I'm not sure that the potential increase in returns from that would be enough to attract the big boys.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

We could match Palace all day.They will be back in the Championship next year.Their ground is shit there fan base is no greater than ours.                                                                                                         Either we rebuild from the development squad or sell ASAP.We have a great ground and good academy that has got top grading from the Premier Leauge.We should be pushing to sell.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we could be the next Man City, exciting times ahead.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can we look at this closely ? What concrete information do we have for this super billionaire wanting to spend his pennies on a new toy. As an investment, surely we must be next ro rock bottom on anyones list. If he has all this money, and he's looking for an investment, there are far more potentially better returns for a lot less hassle. Even if this new Messiah is a football fan or looking to restore the name, etc. Why us?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our footballing history is one of the best in this country .

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Can we look at this closely ? What concrete information do we have for this super billionaire wanting to spend his pennies on a new toy. As an investment, surely we must be next ro rock bottom on anyones list. If he has all this money, and he's looking for an investment, there are far more potentially better returns for a lot less hassle. Even if this new Messiah is a football fan or looking to restore the name, etc. Why us?
Maybe glos just maybe this guy is an associate or friend of ED, and has an interest in the club, probably not a supporter but looks for our results I don't know just clutching at straws I guess, but fingers crossed it's all true.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Martin, I'll send you some more straws on Tuesday, after the announcement deadline, (according to Scott) has passed. Smile

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Scott, is this you on FB?

"Just been told from a very very reliable source about who is interested in buying Bolton Wanderers and it will also be the main sponsor of the stadium once the reebok contract expires.
I won't say it on here until later on this week as I'm currently trying to get a bet on this outcome happening and I am waiting to find out which gambling company will give me the best odds to put a £100 on it.
Put it this way if it comes off then it could lead to quite a considerable input of cash in to the club and I think the majority would be happy with it."

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be more than stunned if this "take-over talk" isn't anything more than a troll having a laugh a giggle.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'd be more than stunned if this "take-over talk" isn't anything more than a troll having a laugh a giggle.
I agree.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

After all that talk weeks ago about Gartside being sacked I am taking this with a huge pinch of salt.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take that huge pinch and add two or three further huge pinches and then just pour the whole salt cellar on top.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'd take that huge pinch and add two or three further huge pinches and then just pour the whole salt cellar on top.
Too much salt is not good for you. It can cause high blood pressure. If you want to get high blood pressure naturally then just go to the Reebok on match days.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Scott, is this you on FB?

"Just been told from a very very reliable source about who is interested in buying Bolton Wanderers and it will also be the main sponsor of the stadium once the reebok contract expires.
I won't say it on here until later on this week as I'm currently trying to get a bet on this outcome happening and I am waiting to find out which gambling company will give me the best odds to put a £100 on it.
Put it this way if it comes off then it could lead to quite a considerable input of cash in to the club and I think the majority would be happy with it."
No Chris, it could be your mate off the board though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'd be more than stunned if this "take-over talk" isn't anything more than a troll having a laugh a giggle.
Stop bullying trolls.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Scott, is this you on FB?

No Chris, it could be your mate off the board though.
He ain't on FB and if he was he would be all Everton this that and the other!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum