Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feeney: Grateful for the opportunity

+2
Hip Priest
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feeney: Grateful for the opportunity Empty Feeney: Grateful for the opportunity Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Winger pleased with his start to life at the Reebok Stadium

Liam Feeney confessed that he is thoroughly enjoying his time with the club following his loan move from Millwall and has high hopes for the remainder of his time in the North West.

The 26-year-old agreed a three-month loan deal at the end of September and has impressed in his first three appearances for the Whites, marking a man of the match performance against Birmingham on Saturday with an assist for fellow loanee Neil Danns.

Speaking exclusively to the official club website, the winger admitted that he had no qualms about joining Wanderers and is determined to make his mark at the Reebok.

“It’s an opportunity to try and do well and help this team and the club,” he explained. “I’m just taking it week by week and not looking too far into the future, thinking about when it might be ending or anything like that.

“If I get the opportunity to play then I’ll just do my bit and we’ll see where we are at the end of it.”

Feeney also explained that manager Dougie Freedman played a big part in his move, with the Scot having been monitoring his progress from the outset.

“He was very complimentary when he spoke to me before I came on loan and told me that he’d been keeping an eye on me for a few years which was pleasing and nice to hear,” he said.

“He just tells me to go out and enjoy my football and relax and he makes it really easy for me, so all thanks go to him for giving me that sort of licence.

“He and the players have made it really easy for me – they’re a great set of lads. The manager has been really good with me and he’s given me the opportunity and I can only thank him for that and everyone else has been a big help.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hope we can sort a way to sign him. The lad's looked really decent so far. I find it hard to understand how Millwall can deem him as surplus to requirements, he's very quick, crosses well and can beat a man. Puts Chungy's recent efforts to shame.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Hope we can sort a way to sign him. The lad's looked really decent so far. I find it hard to understand how Millwall can deem him as surplus to requirements, he's very quick, crosses well and can beat a man. Puts Chungy's recent efforts to shame.
I agree, if we could sign him on a permanent basis then that would be fab as he does seem very keen on the pitch from his performance so far.

I think that a new environment may be the thing that's helping him with trying to impress etc and maybe he just doesn't fit in with Millwall's plans?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There must be a reason he doesn't fit into Millwall's plans.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:There must be a reason he doesn't fit into Millwall's plans.
Maybe it's because he's usually shit but has made an effort now he's got a sniff of a possible move? Not bothered really if he continues to do well for us.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's way too early to be talking about buying Feeney. How many wingers do you know that are magic one week, then non-existent the next?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeney couldn't get in millwalls side because lomas brought in his own players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum