Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman: ''Lessons learned''.....really??

+10
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
bryan458
Boggersbelief
karlypants
rammywhite
bwfc71
scottjames30
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“All in all I felt we were dogged, determined and committed and we created a number of opportunities when we were in behind the Ipswich defence.

“The performance is there and the players are organised, but we have to learn how to defend a lead.

“You can maybe accept losing a lead once or twice, but it’s happened to us five times now. That’s the frustrating thing. When we go a goal up we have to change our approach, mind-set and system.

“When we now go a goal up I’m going to have to look to change the system to give the players some help.

“I felt we matched Ipswich. We knew Mick McCarthy’s side would come and make things difficult for us.

“We took a deserved lead. It was nice to see Medo get his goal and I feel he had a good game today. He and Jay Spearing looked very competitive today.

“Medo stood up to a big physical challenge today and I believe he’ll be a firm fans’ favourite for many years to come.

“I was pleased with the fans today. We’re trying to build a young, new team here and they stuck with us throughout the match. Yes, I understand their disappointment at the final whistle and take that on board.

“Win, lose or draw we’re always ready to go again. We’ll be back in the training ground first thing Monday morning.

“People are telling me it is five games unbeaten, but it doesn’t feel like that. What I do feel is that we’re slowly turning the corner. We just need to make sure that when we take that lead we can hold on a little bit longer.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sleep 

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pull the other one Dougie.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still turning round that huge corner.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Problems are:

1. Huge injury list
2. Zat Knightmare
3. Feeney being recalled
4. Zat Knightmare
5. Players signed by previous managers and contracts extended by a previous manager and they are SHITE
6. Zat Knightmare
7. Lack of funds and huge debt
8. Zat Knightmare
9. Out of touch owner and a board director who basically doesn't give a shit
10. Zat Knightmare

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't believe this- I was at the match and I don't know where he gets these views and opinions from. The match today was a disgrace- and his spiel makes like they were playing well. They were crap- and Freemans spiel here is utter bollocks.
I think that the writing could be on the wall after that performance.
They didn't perform at all. As for holding a lead they should already have beeen two down - it was only Lonergan that saved the embarrassment.
Ipswich were dire -and we still couldn't beat them.
I've never accepted that we were relegation fodder- but todays perfomance ( big names and all) has started me thinking that that's a possibility

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11. Clueless manager
12. Lack of passion
13. Clueless assistant manager

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only thing I got from his interview is that he likes the word 'today'

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Does this moron actually believe this shit, or is he just watching a completely different game, total fucking TOSSER!!!!!!!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But the question is no matter who we bring in, if Dougie got fired, would it actually change anything or would it prove that the club is literally on free-fall with no ambition from high up to low esteem and players that no other club will have thanks to 2 previous managers!!!?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What is is it with Freedman? he spouts the same shit after every game yet nothing changes, we have 3 points at home from 3 shite teams, now every player in that team have played Premiership or equvalent standards, I bet you can't say that about Yeovil, Sheff Wed, or Ipswich, yet Freedmans shit tactics and set up cant get up a head of steam to beat these 3 teams, Why did he not change the system as we were unable to break through their backline, no he goes like for like, hows that going to change the game, and what was all that about, trying to get Pratley on with 5 minutes stoppage time played? fucking clueless does'nt begin to explain this mans ideas on football, oh and what does Lennie Lawrence bring to the party, looks like he's sleeping during most games.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman is like a lot of managers, a stubborn wanker. He'd rather push us towards relegation with his insane tactics than admit he was wrong and go back to basics.

This team is shit, but playing to our few strengths and using the right players would pull us well clear of League 1.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:But the question is no matter who we bring in, if Dougie got fired, would it actually change anything or would it prove that the club is literally on free-fall with no ambition from high up to low esteem and players that no other club will have thanks to 2 previous managers!!!?
No it wouldn't change anything, the players have no passion and don't give a fuck!!
Got an st and not been going due to circumstances,so basically getting nob all for my money,been yesterday and still got nowt!!! Fucking shite I'm afraid.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are 21st in the table...... one team below us has a game in hand and teams above us have a game in hand....... we are easily third favorites for the drop.  That's the corner we need to turn Mr. Doogie.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

so the plot will be from now on, we somehow manage to get a 1-0 lead, probably from a set piece, then bring on another defensive player to ensure we don't concede. Does all this sound familiar? A certain ginger mourinho springs to mind.

Dougie needs to drop one of the holding midfielders, probably Spearing as he has been poor recently and at least try and look like we want to win a game. The only players i was impressed with yesterday were Ream (the only player who can actually pass a football) and Danns who never gave up and gave his all.

It would have made more sense to bring off Spearing, push Danns into the middle and bring on Hall.

Surely even Dougie can see that Ngog is a terrible player, no goal threat and can't pass to a white shirt. Why didn't he try Beckord and Davies up front?

I am fast losing patience with Dougie, i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but after yesterday he can fuck off, the negative stubborn bastard.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As I stated on another thread I'm all for a can-do positive attitude BUT it needs to be attached to reality. Dougie seems to have lost his grip on that if he really believes what he said. He at least has the sense to praise the fans and accept they had a right to be unhappy at the end so that's better than a certain former manager of ours but as to the rest? That could have come straight from the mouth of Megson. I just hope Dougie doesn't start to say football people know how good he is or that we'll be above derby again one day. My faith in him is wavering already and his press conferences and post match interviews don't help to strengthen it at all. About a month ago I said he'd show whether or not he was a real manager during his time at Palace or whether he left his back room staff to do the work for him while he smiled for the camera and mouthed platitudes. It's starting to become apparent what the answer is. I still hope and pray I'm wrong but frankly if Dougie believes we're turning a corner and heading for anything but mediocre-town and loser-ville he's smoking something illegal at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum