Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eaves makes Trotters return

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Eaves makes Trotters return  Empty Eaves makes Trotters return Mon Nov 25 2013, 12:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers have recalled striker Tom Eaves from his loan spell with Rotherham.

The 21-year-old has been at the New York Stadium since September and has made nine appearances, scoring one goal.

But only two of those were starts and boss Steve Evans accepts the decision.

He said: "Tom wasn't getting games which he was here to do and it was felt that it was best for everyone that he return.

"He has conducted himself impeccably during his time here and I wish him all the best."

Source

2 Eaves makes Trotters return  Empty Re: Eaves makes Trotters return Mon Nov 25 2013, 21:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Bolton Wanderers have recalled striker Tom Eaves from his loan spell with Rotherham.

The 21-year-old has been at the New York Stadium since September and has made nine appearances, scoring one goal.

But only two of those were starts and boss Steve Evans accepts the decision.

He said: "Tom wasn't getting games which he was here to do and it was felt that it was best for everyone that he return.

"He has conducted himself impeccably during his time here and I wish him all the best."

Source
Perhaps we'll see him on the bench for the Boro match? If he's been brought back through lack of game time perhaps Dougie aims to give it to him here and see how he copes at this level. It would be nice to see on of our own young 'prospects' playing for us for a change instead of out on loan in lower leagues.

3 Eaves makes Trotters return  Empty Re: Eaves makes Trotters return Mon Nov 25 2013, 21:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he wasn't getting games at Rotherham something tells me he isn't quite ready for our first team, that wasn't a dig at him by the way.

4 Eaves makes Trotters return  Empty Re: Eaves makes Trotters return Tue Nov 26 2013, 11:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another loan on the cards for Bolton Wanderers striker Tom Eaves?

Whites striker Tom Eaves has had his loan spell at Rotherham cut short and returned to the Reebok Stadium a month early.

The 21-year-old forward joined the Millers on a three-month deal at the end of September.

But Wanderers have opted to recall the youngster, possibly with a view to sending him to a different club before Thursday’s 5pm loan deadline. They have not given any reason for the recall, issuing a brief confirmation yesterday to say he would be linking up again with the first-team squad ahead of Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough.

But with just two starts in only nine appearances at the New York Stadium, one in which he scored his only Millers goal in the recent Johnstone’s Paint Trophy win at Hartlepool, it could be that Dougie Freedman wants to try a different avenue for Eaves to get first-team football.

There are no new injuries to the front men from the weekend win at Watford, though Craig Davies’s fitness remains a concern.

And with Freedman expected to try to revive a loan deal for Cardiff attacker Joe Mason this week, Eaves is unlikley to have been recalled as immediate cover for the forwards.

The Liverpudlian remains in the manager’s long-term plans, however, and was sent to Rotherham to get regular games after successful spells previously with Bristol Rovers and Shrewsbury.

On his decision to send Eaves out, Freedman said at the time: “You need to nurture young players through the system and if they are good enough then I will give them a chance.

“Right now, a few of them are not quite there and that is why young Tom (Eaves) has gone out on loan.”

If the boss is still of the same mindset, he has two days to decide whether to send him out again.

Source

5 Eaves makes Trotters return  Empty Re: Eaves makes Trotters return Wed Nov 27 2013, 10:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:If he wasn't getting games at Rotherham something tells me he isn't quite ready for our first team, that wasn't a dig at him by the way.
Aaron I had a peek at a couple of rotherham papers and it seems there was nothing wrong with Eaves it was simply that the manager there felt he was one of several options he had for that spot. He seemed to think playing his own players first was the only way to go because of course Eaves wasn't going to stay long. Personally I'd like to see this lad actually play a few for us because we've all heard and talked about him for nigh on three years yet no one really seems to know if he's good enough or not. Isn't it time we started to see him play here so the judgement can be made?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum